NickT

Do I get an NOA1?

18 posts in this topic

how long have you been married? We've been married for 5 years and have a 4 yr old son together who has dual nationality (US and German). Perhaps our marriage was well established in their eyes, so there was no need to scrutinize everything to prove a bona fide marriage.

that's my guess, anyway.

Edited by salad-lover

Our Story:

Apr '06 - We met in Houston, TX when he was on a business trip

Jul '06 - I went to Germany to visit him at his invitation

Oct '06 - He came back to Houston, TX to visit me and ask my parents for my hand in marriage

Jan '07 - I moved to Germany

May '07 - We got married <3

Jun '08 - Our little munchkin was born <3 <3

4 years later we decide we want to move to the US.....

20 Jun 12 - We went to the Frankfurt Embassy and submitted my I-130 with all accompanying paperwork at window 40. It was looked over immediately and I was sent to pay the fee at window 23. I took the receipt of payment back to window 40 and was given the DS-230 form for Hubby to fill out. Lucky for us, I already had one finished for him. We turned in the DS-230 at window 22 and received our case number and the IV Document Checklist.

Presently, Hubby is back in his native country getting his police report and birth certificate. Upon return, he will update his vac/immunizations and do his Medical Examination. We are waiting for I-864 joint sponsor paperwork to be returned to us, and then we can send everything in with a Request for Interview. We have a target date of mid October to establish residence in the US.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

how long have you been married? We've been married for 5 years and have a 4 yr old son together who has dual nationality (US and German). Perhaps our marriage was well established in their eyes, so there was no need to scrutinize everything to prove a bona fide marriage.

that's my guess, anyway.

Married since march of this year, but that shouldn't matter to even get the initial receipt number my issue is i havent even received notcie that my application has been received when i handed to the ###### consulate right there and paid on the spot.

Married since march of this year, but that shouldn't matter to even get the initial receipt number my issue is i havent even received notcie that my application has been received when i handed to the ###### consulate right there and paid on the spot.

I'm trying to figure out which step they left out for you. We didn't get any official NOA1, but after we paid and took the receipt back up to window 40 where the I-130 applicaton was turned in, he gave us the DS-230 form to fill out and turn in at window 23. When we turned in the DS-230 at window 23, we were given the info packet on all required paperwork that needed to be sent in along with the 'request for interview' sheet on which the person at that window had written in our case number.

what was your experience like?

Our Story:

Apr '06 - We met in Houston, TX when he was on a business trip

Jul '06 - I went to Germany to visit him at his invitation

Oct '06 - He came back to Houston, TX to visit me and ask my parents for my hand in marriage

Jan '07 - I moved to Germany

May '07 - We got married <3

Jun '08 - Our little munchkin was born <3 <3

4 years later we decide we want to move to the US.....

20 Jun 12 - We went to the Frankfurt Embassy and submitted my I-130 with all accompanying paperwork at window 40. It was looked over immediately and I was sent to pay the fee at window 23. I took the receipt of payment back to window 40 and was given the DS-230 form for Hubby to fill out. Lucky for us, I already had one finished for him. We turned in the DS-230 at window 22 and received our case number and the IV Document Checklist.

Presently, Hubby is back in his native country getting his police report and birth certificate. Upon return, he will update his vac/immunizations and do his Medical Examination. We are waiting for I-864 joint sponsor paperwork to be returned to us, and then we can send everything in with a Request for Interview. We have a target date of mid October to establish residence in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.