NickT

Do I get an NOA1?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well this should be a pretty simple question, I filed DCF Frankfurt April 11th, 2012 and was wondering if I will still receive NOA1 saying they accept it even though when you hand it in they tell you its accepted. I'm just confused on this as it's almost been 90 days and I haven't receive an NOA1 yet.

Thnaks for the help.

V/r

Nick

Timeline

They took my payment I actually went there to file as I did not trust the mail system the guy told me 45-90 days for it but as I understand non DCF filers get NOA1 I'm just wondering if I do or do not and if maybe at 65 days its too early to call for a status.

Timeline

If you're really worried about it, call or email. I've heard of a few DCFers not getting it, but don't recall if anyone was in Germany. 65 days is certainly a long time to wait with no news

I really hope that its finished and they haven't notified and that they haven't just lost it....who do I even contact? The imiggration service hotline they charge 15 2 euro a min is this correct.

Timeline

Called USCIS in the US and they can't find my petition anywhere in the system....the guy pretty much told me Franfurt ###### up and I should contact them soon as they open. The stupid office is open 3 hrs a damn day, these ####### ###### my petition so angry... :( (Apologies for the cursing) Im sure someone understands my frustration. They said soon as I paid I should have received a Receipt number to check statuses with....

Edited by NickT

Timeline

Damn, I'm so sorry, but hey, it's great you called and now at least won't keep waiting for nothing.

true, but now I may have to start the 90+ day wait all over its such bull shi t that they are so careless with these papers over there. It is a complete and utter disgrace to the whole organization. And I can't even call until tomorrow since Frankfurt is open 3 days a week for 3 effin hours lazy pricks.

Timeline

This might be a long shot, but maybe since they took your money you at least don't have to pay again?

haha if i have to pay again Im calling my congressman which I might just do tomorrow as well get the entire thing expedited. I still have my original receipt so unless they are going to somehow refund that then make me pay...ugh I understand all the red tape but at the same time its such a bullshi t process to be with the one you love. One person on the planet for you our soulmate but here do this ridiculous amount of paperwork to even see them more than 2 times a year. Sorry for venting on here just so frustrated and angry.

Timeline

It's understandable, I'd be calling lawyers and congressmen left and right and generally learning how to breathe fire. Good luck, please keep us updated

Congressman Check

Emails sent to Texas service center and Frankfurt USCIS office check

Need to contact military lawyers tomorrow if they can assist

Thanks for the support I will get this expedited one way or another I will get my Chain of command involved and calling people as well.

hmm, this has me worried. I just submitted all I-130 paperwork in person at the Frankfurt location. They looked it over, made me pay the fee and handed me the DS-230 form (which I already completed). I handed that in and was given a case number (FRN.....) and we are in the process of gathering police records and birth certificates from abroad so we can mail in the required documents along with a request for an interview.

did you submit the paperwork in person? if so, did you get a case number?

... in any case, I hope you'll get a speedy resolution after your long wait!

Our Story:

Apr '06 - We met in Houston, TX when he was on a business trip

Jul '06 - I went to Germany to visit him at his invitation

Oct '06 - He came back to Houston, TX to visit me and ask my parents for my hand in marriage

Jan '07 - I moved to Germany

May '07 - We got married <3

Jun '08 - Our little munchkin was born <3 <3

4 years later we decide we want to move to the US.....

20 Jun 12 - We went to the Frankfurt Embassy and submitted my I-130 with all accompanying paperwork at window 40. It was looked over immediately and I was sent to pay the fee at window 23. I took the receipt of payment back to window 40 and was given the DS-230 form for Hubby to fill out. Lucky for us, I already had one finished for him. We turned in the DS-230 at window 22 and received our case number and the IV Document Checklist.

Presently, Hubby is back in his native country getting his police report and birth certificate. Upon return, he will update his vac/immunizations and do his Medical Examination. We are waiting for I-864 joint sponsor paperwork to be returned to us, and then we can send everything in with a Request for Interview. We have a target date of mid October to establish residence in the US.

Timeline

hmm, this has me worried. I just submitted all I-130 paperwork in person at the Frankfurt location. They looked it over, made me pay the fee and handed me the DS-230 form (which I already completed). I handed that in and was given a case number (FRN.....) and we are in the process of gathering police records and birth certificates from abroad so we can mail in the required documents along with a request for an interview.

did you submit the paperwork in person? if so, did you get a case number?

... in any case, I hope you'll get a speedy resolution after your long wait!

Your kidding they gave you a case number on the spot?! ####### They never gave me one this is such bullshit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.