39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you should expect longer delays. The executive order President Obama recently signed is likely to move a whole bunch of undocumented aliens to the front of the line.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I just got off the phone with USCIS. My NOA1 date was Jan 13th. I wanted to put in a service request but the woman told me I would have to call back in three business days as I'm still within the estimated time. It's been 160 days. Talk about a test of patience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think you should expect longer delays. The executive order President Obama recently signed is likely to move a whole bunch of undocumented aliens to the front of the line.

I was just about to say the same thing :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, today I called again and the rep told me Jan 9 was their date so mine should be in process. She couldnt put in a service request because it hasnt been 30 days since my receipt from the service request. It has only been 20 days. Waiting has definitely caused a lot of unnecessary anguish cuz it is a real test.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Same for us ! My fiance called today to make a service request and they refused and told my fiance to call back in 2 wekks then MAYBE they will file one !! Complete bull^}€~€ !!! They cannot even get consistent in their answer !! Anyway my fiance filed a request to his local congressman. With so much people filing to their congressman we might be able to move things up !! We wont give up !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Talk about being upset if that happend. I may be temped to sell everything and just move there. Another reason we need a new admin in dc.

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I can not tell you how many times i have considered that. I already lived there(belize) for a year, loved it! Would move back to paradise in a second. Don't get me wrong i loove my country. My wife has never been to the states though, so i really owe to her to get to see my culture also,(even though some of it sucks i.e. this process, the government) The waiting stinks, but i think it will be worth it to experience so many "firsts" with her.

Talk about being upset if that happend. I may be temped to sell everything and just move there. Another reason we need a new admin in dc.

Timeline

That's the way I feel as well. I love the Philippines, but we planned on retiring there, not during our working life. She is really looking forward to living here as well having a nice house, a garden, roses and all my other flowers and trees. I'm just praying for her and I and the rest of us.

May 9, 11. Met on dating site Filipinacupid

chat 2x a day since

Dec 23, 11. met in Cebu, traveled to Balamban.

Dec 25th 11 asked her fathers permission to marry her in Cebuano. Engaged.

Jan 1, 12. Came home.

Jan 18th 12, I-129f recieved at vsc

Jan 25th 12, first noa

Feb 9 12, touched

July 2, 12 approved

July 7, 12 recieved noa2

July 16th, called nvc recieved case #

Aug 1st, CFO completed

Aug 16th, Interview date and Approved

Timeline

I was just about to say the same thing :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

I am not sure what good a service request does. It seems that the respons to any service request is that the case is being processed and expect a response in 60 days.

Could a service request just be another way to provide excuses to delay?

Timeline

RIght, put a whole group of people who are outside the law before those who are following legal process! :bonk:

Timeline

RIght, put a whole group of people who are outside the law before those who are following legal process! :bonk:

Obama is saying the feds are not targeting people who through no fault of their own ended up in the us and have graduated, have no record or served in the military. It's just good sense not to target these people. He said nothing about making a policy change giving them citizenship through his decision.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called three times multiple days apart and got the same answer, Jan 1st. They must have forgotten to change the script for people calling :) or they look at the receive date and subtract 10 days to determine the date they will tell you. I finally gave up and called my senator which may be a bad idea since i am so close. But If I look at the VJ approval rate of 1 a day I could be waiting another month.

While you're free to speculate, do know there are other USCIS service centers to handle the various sorts of visa petitions. Also, if your petition is already submitted, this forthcoming action -- it has yet to actually be instituted, they have 60 days to do so -- will likely not impact the timeframe.

I definitely understand the desire to have your loved one here as quickly as possible, but to go through this process, you need to have a heavy dose of patience and keep yourself busy.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Obama is saying the feds are not targeting people who through no fault of their own ended up in the us and have graduated, have no record or served in the military. It's just good sense not to target these people. He said nothing about making a policy change giving them citizenship through his decision. :bonk:

But they are allowed to apply for a work permit and they may be taking up a lot of the processors time.

Whetehr it is not fault to them or not allowing the sons and daugthers of illegal immigrants rewards lawbreaking does it not? What parent would not want a better life for their children?

Its all about election year politics really.

Timeline

While you're free to speculate, do know there are other USCIS service centers to handle the various sorts of visa petitions. Also, if your petition is already submitted, this forthcoming action -- it has yet to actually be instituted, they have 60 days to do so -- will likely not impact the timeframe.

I definitely understand the desire to have your loved one here as quickly as possible, but to go through this process, you need to have a heavy dose of patience and keep yourself busy.

Yes that is so true. However, it sort of feels like life is on hold until this is over and we are together.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.