LSnBigBear

Internet Love or not to Love?

83 posts in this topic

I can say this about American Women. ANd before I say this please note I lived in Asia more the last 8 years then USA. What I find are bitter women that have been scarred by previous relationships. I was to but I am not bitter. I love life. My fiancee had to ex BF's while she was in College. She said her ex pinoy BF's both hurt her. However she is not at all bitter nor am I. My fiancee works and earns her own income. Actually I just started sending her $50 a month due to the Visa thing so it showed support. She did not need. Of course she could use it as she does not earn alot. As for the discussions back and forth of the date sights as Match. I found and as other friends pointed out to me that women in USA are scarred to get into regular relationships now too. They are hiding behind computers. And I have not idea what I did to get the yellow in between the words.. Sorry.

ANd one last item, My 21 year old niece is dating her 8th grade teacher. He retired and is 61. Both live in USA and are Americans. Times are changing with peoples wants in relationships

Not at all. I went looking for love in the Philippines due to living there after divorced for 5 years working for an American Company. No different then if you or I worked in Chicago. Chances are we would date women from our geographical area.

As for money and women, or money and men. We are all creatures of wants and needs i respect that. However in the RP if you look around it seems many many women there are single or have one child and no father anywhere to be found. I have heard different stories on the ratio of men to women there. It did seem to when I lived there that there are more women in view than men. Not sure if this is accurate but for me and many friends it felt like eyes were on us at all times from women. Statistics show that it is 2-1 women to men. However I know that the RP does a lousy job of tracking anything. They tried to state unemployment was 12% when I was there. Yeah right! And I know of many familes with no birth record for their children. Take a drive out in the province and see for yourselves... I use to drive the islands with my ex-gf and friends on our motorcycles. Amazing what we learn when mingling with locals. Sorry for rambling. One sentence lead to another lol... Cheers

Kev:::: Love your pro's and cons. But don't tell your wife that one about not being around in 20-30 years. I am sure you hear it like I do from my fiancee. Filipinas don't like talking death.......:(:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

All I know is I am a novice at replying to posts.... As I re-read I reply to someone elses comment and end up arguing with myself lol.... You guys move fast for me to keep up.

:help:

All I know is I am a novice at replying to posts.... As I re-read I reply to someone elses comment and end up arguing with myself lol.... You guys move fast for me to keep up.

:help:

Yeah, you totally confused me with your response to yourself. :rofl:

Yeah, you totally confused me with your response to yourself. :rofl:

Sometimes when dealing with electronics & technology I swear my parents were close relatives. :rofl: At least I only have 10 fingers and 10 toes. Whew then I would really be worried B-)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You dismissed what a woman actually feels, and poofed this conceited definition into existence so that you could judge others and put them down.

One of the ways you did that was to say that people get married under the pretext of love, but in reality it is just economic security. Since there is no justification for your love on USCIS forms, this accusation about false pretext is a lie. In your conceited world, a woman cannot love a man for rescuing her from poverty. The truth is there's no purer love than that. This is knight-on-a-white-horse Cinderella type love for those of us that have it. :)

So long as it is a fairy tale then poor young Cinderella is allowed to fall in love with the richest man in the Kingdom and live in a castle for the rest of her life. We all root for Cinderealla. But if she is a real human, now her love is not pure. Cinderella is just a ####### and the Prince is exploiting her. What that proves is how envy, jealousy, and crab mentality operate in real life: cut other people down rather than be happy along with them for how thrilled they are in finding the partner they love.

Instead you tell Cinderella how much you pity her living in the castle now and what a creep the Prince is. When someone stands up in the middle of our Cinderella story and drones on like a bore about how our love isn't pure, this is the kind of person we avoid interaction with in our lives. Because this person is always going to be looking for the malicious way to frame things and justify it by saying he is a "realist" with lies and conceited (nonexistent) definitions.

Go back and read my posts. You're projecting a lot into what you think I said. I used the word 'pretext' in reference to the income inequality that is a prevailing factor in most of these Fil/Am relationships and I only brought that up because the issue of being potentially conned or scammed by a Filipina was mentioned as it is quite often whenever the topic of finding a potential mate in Philippines pops up here from time to time. I've repeatedly said that this pretext doesn't make these relationships any less valid, but I take issue with the idea that somehow marrying a Filipina is out of pure love. That's just fairy tale BS. I've been on this site long enough to see this pattern - that many Kanos prop up their relationships as a fairy tale romances (she loves me for me) only to see a handful of them from time to time, come back here to tell us how their Filipina bride scammed them for a green card.

Perhaps some Filipinas could speak up about this here. I would imagine that most of them take offense to the accusation that when one of these marriages falls apart, it is because she was just after the green card.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Go back and read my posts. You're projecting a lot into what you think I said. I used the word 'pretext' in reference to the income inequality that is a prevailing factor in most of these Fil/Am relationships and I only brought that up because the issue of being potentially conned or scammed by a Filipina was mentioned as it is quite often whenever the topic of finding a potential mate in Philippines pops up here from time to time. I've repeatedly said that this pretext doesn't make these relationships any less valid, but I take issue with the idea that somehow marrying a Filipina is out of pure love. That's just fairy tale BS. I've been on this site long enough to see this pattern - that many Kanos prop up their relationships as a fairy tale romances (she loves me for me) only to see a handful of them from time to time, come back here to tell us how their Filipina bride scammed them for a green card.

Perhaps some Filipinas could speak up about this here. I would imagine that most of them take offense to the accusation that when one of these marriages falls apart, it is because she was just after the green card.

or they might take offense by saying the income inequality was a prevailing factor in their decision to marry their husband.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

My wife and I met online. 10 years age difference. Married for 2 years now. We have a newborn baby. We get along great and have never even had a fight. Thank God for the dating site. I never would have met her otherwise.

My hubby and I didnt meet online, we met in school. But I know plenty of couples who did and they have great relationships too.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You dismissed what a woman actually feels, and poofed this conceited definition into existence so that you could judge others and put them down.

One of the ways you did that was to say that people get married under the pretext of love, but in reality it is just economic security. Since there is no justification for your love on USCIS forms, this accusation about false pretext is a lie. In your conceited world, a woman cannot love a man for rescuing her from poverty. The truth is there's no purer love than that. This is knight-on-a-white-horse Cinderella type love for those of us that have it. :)

So long as it is a fairy tale then poor young Cinderella is allowed to fall in love with the richest man in the Kingdom and live in a castle for the rest of her life. We all root for Cinderealla. But if she is a real human, now her love is not pure. Cinderella is just a ####### and the Prince is exploiting her. What that proves is how envy, jealousy, and crab mentality operate in real life: cut other people down rather than be happy along with them for how thrilled they are in finding the partner they love.

Instead you tell Cinderella how much you pity her living in the castle now and what a creep the Prince is. When someone stands up in the middle of our Cinderella story and drones on like a bore about how our love isn't pure, this is the kind of person we avoid interaction with in our lives. Because this person is always going to be looking for the malicious way to frame things and justify it by saying he is a "realist" with lies and conceited (nonexistent) definitions.

I always new the evil step-sisters were the victims and that evil ####### Cinderella was a scammer...trying to improve her life with somebody who actually loves and respects her...yea right

:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

boy do you live a sheltered life, go check match.com as the other poster mentioned... almost ALL have high income requirements. Nope, the American woman is MORE likely, not less...

Most women on match.com put $50,001 to $75,000 and $75,001 to $100,000 for their desired income ranges, which is basically the same as or one level higher than their own. Some even put $100,001 to $150,001 if they're in that range as well. I don't see anything wrong with that. Now, it's a different story if you're talking about those who put $150,001+ as the only range given, which is rare. I have a feeling you might've been overestimating your relative value if you were viewing mostly women with "high" income requirements.

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

I always new the evil step-sisters were the victims and that evil ####### Cinderella was a scammer...trying to improve her life with somebody who actually loves and respects her...yea right

:jest:

In my many years of dating in the Philippines and many war wounds from learning all about RP. I at a time wanted to be the savior of Cinderella. I later learned that Cinderella is happy with her life. She truely is for all of us men reading. I interviewed many and dated many many as my fiancee is aware. And all they truely want a MAN to be with them that will be loyal to them. Where they live is not as important as who they live with and love. My fiancee would rather have me return to Cebu or anywhere and live with her as modest as we did before. She was happy with that as I was. My fiancee has her own room she rents, she has food, clean bathing and entertainment as in computer.. All she is lacking is me there with her.

She could care lees about coming to the USA. Actually I had to give her a geography lesson ealrier this week on Florida and how far we are from my family up north etc. She really is only concerned about being with me. I guess this is why I posed the question at the start of this thread as in internet love or not to love.

I find many men,not as those here on VJ that have the guts to do what we are doing, rather they tend to try to give Cinderella money with no real hope of visiting her or marrying her. It is fantisy loving to make themselves feel better about giving "Cinderella" her better life.

I hope I made sense in all this. Pity love is not love and will not sustain from my exoerience. And yes I had pity love in my past or puppy love as we used to call it. I was in love with the situation of "rescuing" Cinderella.......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

With the technology and evolution of communication nowadays, meeting online and getting in-love isn't something you have to doubt anymore. Though, I must say that the way you meet online serves some sort of precaution. Like if you meet accidentally online such as online game, general chatrooms, and blogs without intention of finding someone you're going to fall in love, probably requires a bit less precaution as both parties didn't intend to seek love thru those sites, as compare to dating sites, you need to be a bit cautious on whom you're dealing with, as you both have intention of finding partners which sometimes led to lies to impress one another.

It was 7 years ago when I met my husband in a chat room, and now we're getting to our 3rd year wedding anniversary. Whether meeting online, or in-person for the first time, love isn't a fairy tale. I found my husband online, I found my job online, and I found new friends online and communication online closed the gap between my family and me, so I guess internet isn't just all about technology and mode of communication but part of man's life.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.