LSnBigBear

Internet Love or not to Love?

83 posts in this topic

I would like to know the percentage of K1 or K3 Visa's started with Internet Dating and how everyone's relationship is going? Pros, Cons etc. I dated two women on internet domestically and it did not fair well.

I was fortunate to live and work in the Philippines so I was able to meet my Love the old fashion way face to face courting. I have many war wounds as well from my past dating ;( too.

Reason for my post is I have read some bad situations where petioners were scammed or two sides to every story, there wife left them for some reason after greencard.

I think I will find your comments great as learning curve. I am starting an ebook draft for fun on dating internationally as I lived there, been around many many people from different backgrounds and enjoy learning and sharing.

I often wonder if someday we will refer to "meeting our spouse the old fashion way" as meeting him or her via internet which seems to be popular now days. lol

Thanks for your sharing......

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met my past wife on match.com back in '97, that went very well until cancer showed up.

And yes I met my wife on the internet as well, right now she is in the kitchen making Pancit... yum!! Then we will jump on the bike and go for a ride 108F ( 42c ) heat or not...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I met my husband on Filipinaheart.com in 2007 and we married in 2009. We now have a 18 months old baby boy and everything is going well. Not perfect, but we're very much happy. There are cultural differences but we work things out.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is a poll on this site "How did you meet your fiance" that is running about 50% for online meeting. Chat rooms, games, dating sites. It isn't random, but regardless shows the numbers meeting online are huge.

We met in person first. Then after a month back here I flew over again and stayed about three months with her family. Applied for I-129F after returning home, in our 5th month together.

People lie more online. Google search provides studies showing over 80% lie on dating site profiles. The top lies: women lie about their weight and men lie about their income. How telling! So it seems ordinarily decent people can't help themselves when their "facts" can't be checked. Online romance dictates strategies to neutralize lying. The most effective way to eliminate the lies of the women: a nude chat session straight off. For the men, show their tax returns for the last 3 years before seeing his picture. This is the best data-based science I can give free of charge.

People lie more online. Google search provides studies showing over 80% lie on dating site profiles. The top lies: women lie about their weight and men lie about their income. How telling! So it seems ordinarily decent people can't help themselves when their "facts" can't be checked. Online romance dictates strategies to neutralize lying. The most effective way to eliminate the lies of the women: a nude chat session straight off. For the men, show their tax returns for the last 3 years before seeing his picture. This is the best data-based science I can give free of charge.

So will a new internet dating pickup line be established soon? "I'll show you my 1040 if you'll show me your 36's" :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meeting online is very common. You must exercise caution though. I had trusted friends in the Philippines that checked out my fiancee and verified what she was telling me before I visited.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meeting online is very common. You must exercise caution though. I had trusted friends in the Philippines that checked out my fiancee and verified what she was telling me before I visited.

There have been a lot of solid, fraudulent-free Fil/Am relationships that have been on display here on this site, only to hear about how the Filipina left the Kano after she got received her green card. However, that shouldn't always be interpreted as her just being in it for the green card. She may have sincere intentions but also may be practical in thinking that in a few years, if the old geezer doesn't satisfy her wants and needs in a relationship, she'll leave him. The smart ones at least, think that way. They can leave the man here in the states because not only is divorce legal, but she knows she has a much better chance of making it on her own here than back in the Philippines. That's not fraud. That's just being savvy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Personally I could never fall in love with somebody online. I have met some people locally that way and chatting with some that said they 'fell in love with me', but I need that eye to eye, body language, pheromones, what ever it is.

I met my fiance while I was on a business trip to HK and later flew to meet her family in the Philippines. I just think people hide too much when it's just online and you don't get to actually spend time with them to see if there is chemistry

A lot of it would depend on how hot she looked on webcam.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

I met my past wife on match.com back in '97, that went very well until cancer showed up.

And yes I met my wife on the internet as well, right now she is in the kitchen making Pancit... yum!! Then we will jump on the bike and go for a ride 108F ( 42c ) heat or not...

Good I like it.. Send some pancit to Florida please.. Not quite that hot here.. But Philippines hot and humid.. I love it..

There is a poll on this site "How did you meet your fiance" that is running about 50% for online meeting. Chat rooms, games, dating sites. It isn't random, but regardless shows the numbers meeting online are huge.

We met in person first. Then after a month back here I flew over again and stayed about three months with her family. Applied for I-129F after returning home, in our 5th month together.

Riogen you made me laugh on your last paragraph.. Great Data though to think about.... Thanks for sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.