Jim T

Looking For a Tutorial

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Even though I have yet to go over to meet my SO in person for the very first time, i will be in September and sooooo Looking forward to it. We've been chatting online & on the phone for quite some time now and there is absolutely no doubt in our minds that Yes, we want to be maried to each other. As i sated in another post, she does have two children,Boys, ages 8 & 12. Both of which she has full custody of.

I've spent the past several weeks trying ti dig and browse the heaps & heaps of information on here in regards to the actual process but to my dismay have been unable to sort it all out. So, I was wondering, if it hasn't been done already, would it be possible for someone to create a full complete tutorial, step by step oin the who what where & when & how on this process?

I do know the following as i believe that this "MAY" be the right way to go about this:

File the I129 for doing a K-1 visa. That much I know. what i do not know is anything about the other forms that some say i will need to do: ie.

I-485

G-325a

I-134

I-751

I-864

I-693

I-131

I-765

OMG!! It seems soo over bearing with so many forms and applications. I could understand if she & the boys were comming from China (as my Ex did) but this is the Philippines. Cavite City to be exact.

So if anyone would be soooo kind as to put these processes in order, explain as to what information needs to go where etc that would be a great help to me.

As for documentaion of proof for her, the Boys & I, I've already assembeld aproximatelyy 2500 double sided pages containing of Emails, Daily Chats, Phone records, western Union reciepts sent to her for use for the Boys (special events for sports, going to the movies, internet and phone bills, etc) It's about 6 large boxes from which the reams of paper has come from, LOL. (I'd love to see the examiner's faces when these are placed upon their desks) There is no question as to weather or not I can support them here. I am fortunate enough to make enough so that she will not have to work if she doesn't wish to once she's here, even though she says that she wants to get back into the medical field once she's here.

Looking at all of the other forms, it justs baffels me, as some of them ask for various information on each of the kids, not enough room to type in the actual address of the SO, Some folks say that i will have to file and apply for each child seprately, others say I can do all three at the same time (in which I would rather do if possible in hopes to not only save time, but money as well)

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jim, there are many tutorials already written, and tons of information on this site. It wouldn't make sense for someone to try and write it all out again. This thread will have lots of great info to start you off:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/300-general-k1-guides-and-info/

Read a lot of the things there. Especially get a sense of the overview for the process.

Then post specific questions either here, or also in the general K1 forum, as to specific questions about forms and whatnot.

But I bet all the information you want is already there if you just search a bit for it.

2500 pages is WAY more than you need by the way, they didn't look at a single thing we brought to our interview except some photos.

The process is daunting for sure.

Here are some other links I found useful when I first started:

http://immigration.lawyers.com/Non-Immigrant-Temporary-Visas/Process-for-K-1-Visas.html

http://***removed***/forum/k1flowchart.php

Timeline

Also note that for the forms G325, the biographical one, you are allowed to attach a second sheet of paper for any information that won't fit. I did this for both my and my fiance's G325 form. Just put at the top 'Jim ____ G325A Form Continued Page 2' or something like that. Then list whatever number of the form page you are adding more info for. Most people also do this for the box on one of the forms that says 'how did you meet'. Most people write out more than will fit in that little box, and do so on a continued page.

But I had to add pages for my addressed and employment history.

You will not need most of those forms you listed. You will file the I-129F, then G325A forms for each you and your fiance.

Actually, here, here is the best single K1 overview that lists all the documents you will use at each stage.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good luck, read those things and then post specific questions here, and we'll do our best to help you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I do know the following as i believe that this "MAY" be the right way to go about this:

Not quite

File the I129 for doing a K-1 visa. That much I know.

Wrong form, you would file the I-129F to begin the K1 process.

My explanations in bold:

what i do not know is anything about the other forms that some say i will need to do: ie.

I-485 - used when filing for Adjustment of Status (AOS), not when filing the petition

G-325a - filed along with petition (one for you, one for her)

I-134 - Not needed until interview

I-751 - submitted with AOS paperwork

I-864 - submitted with AOS paperwork

I-693 - submitted with AOS paperwork

I-131 - submitted with AOS paperwork

I-765 - This for removing conditions on residency, and that will not be for two years until after her first green card is issued

As for documentaion of proof for her, the Boys & I, I've already assembeld aproximatelyy 2500 double sided pages containing of Emails, Daily Chats, Phone records, western Union reciepts sent to her for use for the Boys (special events for sports, going to the movies, internet and phone bills, etc) It's about 6 large boxes from which the reams of paper has come from, LOL. (I'd love to see the examiner's faces when these are placed upon their desks) There is no question as to weather or not I can support them here. I am fortunate enough to make enough so that she will not have to work if she doesn't wish to once she's here, even though she says that she wants to get back into the medical field once she's here.

Other required documentation you will need to submit with the petition is proof that you have met in person at least once during the last two years (i.e. evidence of your trip in September) and a signed letter of intent from you and her that states you will marry each other within 90 days of her arrival in the US on a K1 visa.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

And of course there are specific US Embassy Requirements which you can obtain at the embassy website. But you need not bother with those for a few months and those are also pretty easy once you have the I-129F behind you.

The guides on this web site are the place to start.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Even though I have yet to go over to meet my SO in person for the very first time, i will be in September and sooooo Looking forward to it. We've been chatting online & on the phone for quite some time now and there is absolutely no doubt in our minds that Yes, we want to be maried to each other. As i sated in another post, she does have two children,Boys, ages 8 & 12. Both of which she has full custody of.

I've spent the past several weeks trying ti dig and browse the heaps & heaps of information on here in regards to the actual process but to my dismay have been unable to sort it all out. So, I was wondering, if it hasn't been done already, would it be possible for someone to create a full complete tutorial, step by step oin the who what where & when & how on this process?

File the I129 for doing a K-1 visa. That much I know. what i do not know is anything about the other forms that some say i will need to do: ie.

I-485

G-325a

I-134

I-751

I-864

I-693

I-131

I-765

OMG!! It seems soo over bearing with so many forms and applications. I could understand if she & the boys were comming from China (as my Ex did) but this is the Philippines. Cavite City to be exact.

So if anyone would be soooo kind as to put these processes in order, explain as to what information needs to go where etc that would be a great help to me.

At this time you only need proof of having met in person within the past two years.

Looking at all of the other forms, it justs baffels me, as some of them ask for various information on each of the kids, not enough room to type in the actual address of the SO, Some folks say that i will have to file and apply for each child seprately, others say I can do all three at the same time (in which I would rather do if possible in hopes to not only save time, but money as well)

Thanks in advance,

Jim

The wheel was invented long ago...

Follow the GUIDE here on VJ, read it, then read it again, then get everything done. I followed the guide and had zero issues with the petition.

http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

And read the instructions for the I-129F

http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf

When you are ready for the K-1 visa there is tons of info on here also. Here is my list:

Check on your embassy case number:

For the NVC:

Give them 7 - 10 days before calling. Call after 4:45 PM eastern time for shorter wait times

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include your name and the name and address of your law office.

After NOA2 AND YOU HAVE YOUR MNL #

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state....3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number, your passport number IS your receipt number.

Priorty Date; this is the date the NOA 2 was approved.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.p...atid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The part missing from the tutorial is learning how to demonstrate absolute fealty to your God: the Government. Once you have shown years of strict obedience to every arbitrary, unnecessary, and degrading order, you are fit for the new America. The worst thing you can do is demonstrate a belief that the government works for the people instead of the people serving the government. Thank them when they kick you. Kiss their hand for slapping you. Don't open your eyes to see the twenty or thirty million illegal aliens all around us who just walked across the border. Because that would show that you understand the theory that all these hurdles are designed to keep out illegal aliens is horse manure fed to people who blindly obey instead of questioning authority and using their minds like a free people.

Timeline

Great Info All, I will definately try & dig deeper. Just wasn't sure as to where to look after all of my digging. What Info can you shed on me for trying to bring her sons with her. How diffiult will it be? What extra forms / application & fees will there be, what other hoops & obstical will we run into.

Also can someone explain to me in layman terms as to just what this CFO thing is? I looked through it & from what I could gather, I take it as though I will have to be there with her to go through some kind of seminar or something in order for her to get some kind of CFO stamp or something. Is that right? If so, is this sommething that she & I can do when I go there in September? I mean, hey try & get as much done as soon as possible, right?

Thanks everyone You all have been a big help;)

Timeline

Don't worry at all about the CFO thing. It's literally the final step. It's a half day or so, counseling session that the Philippine government requires for all its citizens who are moving abroad. They are country specific, so she'll take the one for people moving to America. But once you have your visa in hand, then you take it. It costs about $15 total in fees, and is nothing to worry about.

I don't think getting her sons here is a hard process. It's all part of the same, it requires some additional steps, additional medicals for them, etc. But it's not vastly different from the K1 process.

Just more paperwork.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great Info All, I will definately try & dig deeper. Just wasn't sure as to where to look after all of my digging. What Info can you shed on me for trying to bring her sons with her. How diffiult will it be? What extra forms / application & fees will there be, what other hoops & obstical will we run into.

Also can someone explain to me in layman terms as to just what this CFO thing is? I looked through it & from what I could gather, I take it as though I will have to be there with her to go through some kind of seminar or something in order for her to get some kind of CFO stamp or something. Is that right? If so, is this sommething that she & I can do when I go there in September? I mean, hey try & get as much done as soon as possible, right?

Follow the VJ guides and do some reading in the PI regional forum. You are trying to make this process much more difficult than it is.

CFO is for the immigrant, not the USC.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

not difficult at all. if the children are coming at the same time as their mom, very easy. been there, done it. with the initial filing of the I-129f, all that needed is the children be listed, period.

at the interview stage, each child will need a separate visa application and medical. the DS Forms are the same, except the

DS-156k is not needed. since they are under 16, an NBI Clearance is not needed. don't worry, it will be a piece of cake...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Not quite

Wrong form, you would file the I-129F to begin the K1 process.

My explanations in bold:

Other required documentation you will need to submit with the petition is proof that you have met in person at least once during the last two years (i.e. evidence of your trip in September) and a signed letter of intent from you and her that states you will marry each other within 90 days of her arrival in the US on a K1 visa.

Ok Lets see if i got this straight; The I-129F I fill out & submit. The left side is my info, the right side her info, Part B her Children's info. With this I am to submit along with this form, a copy of a Letter of intent (from the both of us) copies of the Airplane ticket, Hotel reciepts, (Copies of Phone calls, Chat & email messeges, etc?)recent photos of her, me & the kids together, virtually anything and everything that will give proof to our communication / relationship

Along with the I-129f I also submit at the same time, the G-325a which is to contain "My Bio Information"???? or hers, not sure. I am thinking that it is for her information? Do i fill out one for each of the kids?

Along with the I-129f, I also submit a I-134a, ON WHICH Everyones info is listed showing my affidavit of support for all 3 of them.

(I'm trying to follow & fill out each of the forms in the order in which was stated by http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide . However, the info and paperwork for the kids still remain a mystery to me, but I am still searching. ;) Thank you all for tollerating me as I know that I do have a very long way to go, however, I can not stand to be late or behind in anything I do. Again, Thanks

Timeline

You will each need to fill out the G-325A, and they must be signed, so at some point she's going to have to send that to you. Also she will need to sign a copy of the 'letter of intent' as well.

The I-134 only comes into play at the interview. You will not submit that with the initial paperwork.

I don't mean any offense, but have you really spent any time reading any of the links I sent? Because there it clearly states the forms that comprise the initial I-129F submission. I will copy and past them here.

And really, I mean no offense, but the links we have provided really do very clearly lay this stuff out for you. If this is really super confusing, you might considering hiring a visa company, or an immigration lawyer to help you out.

But just think through this one step at a time. After your I-129F submission, you will have a minimum of four months of waiting. At that point you can begin researching and preapring for the next phase. For now, concentrate on the I-129F.

From the links I posted, here is what comprises the I-129F. Note that you might not have to do every thing (if you've never been divorced, she hasn't etc, you can ignore that info for example).

But here is everything that goes into the initial I-129F petition.

1.Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted.2.Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.3.Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance(e) (see example)4.Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question 18 of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it.5.Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example)6.Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples)7.G-325A filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated (see example).8.One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.9.G-325A filled out by the foreign fiance(e) signed and dated (see example).10.One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.11.Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship.12.Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact.13.Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance(e) is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order.14.In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Ug, somehow when I pasted that it looked fine, but when it was posted, the formatting is all screwy. Again, just refer to this page, that's where the info came from:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

(I'm trying to follow & fill out each of the forms in the order in which was stated by http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide . However, the info and paperwork for the kids still remain a mystery to me, but I am still searching. ;) Thank you all for tollerating me as I know that I do have a very long way to go, however, I can not stand to be late or behind in anything I do. Again, Thanks

it's no mystery. with the I-129f, simply list the children in section B, question 13. that's it. trust me, I've done it.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.