StraightShooter

I joked that she'd need a wheelbarrow to take her stuff to the interview

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

No reason to send a copy of the I-129F, the embassy has the original, plus a copy in their computer. :blush:

The reason you send a copy of the petition packet, is so that your fiancee can see what information you already gave the government. That includes any photographs, or additional evidence you sent, along with any biographical information. The embassy can and will use that information to interview your future wife.

Filed: Timeline

BTW: They will also ask questions based on what she hands over, another reason not to overwhelm them with evidence. One of the questions they asked my fiancee was, "What color was my truck?" They were either trying to see her reaction to something she probably didn't know, or she showed them a picture of me in my truck that I sent her. They also asked about my brothers and sisters, and where they all live.

Just bring the essentials.. you'll be fine. All my stuff fit in a large tote bag.. :)

Edited by Messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The reason you send a copy of the petition packet, is so that your fiancee can see what information you already gave the government. That includes any photographs, or additional evidence you sent, along with any biographical information. The embassy can and will use that information to interview your future wife.

Really? Still no reason to mail a copy of the 129f packet, you can send any info needed in an email. Besides she better know her fiance by then...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really? Still no reason to mail a copy of the 129f packet, you can send any info needed in an email. Besides she better know her fiance by then...

Actually, not everything was capable of being emailed and yes, the reason I sent it was so that she would have a copy of everything I sent in with the original petition. She knows me very, very well including the color of my house and truck.

And she even knows my "favorite color" as if the CO would know that, but I've read that it's been asked. What am I, six years old? :rofl:

We're well prepared but not overly so. Just waiting for the package to get there now.

I'm actually glad that the package is gone. I detest paperwork. Ugh.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

The CO at the embassy was very nice, exception being the woman CO at window 61...... lucky we were at window 62 and only had to hear her yelling... jeez!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So how did it end?

What did the CO ask to see from my fiancee as evidence during her interview? NOTHING!! ZIP.. ZILCH.. NADA!! I think that she never even took any of it out of the binder on the floor. :rofl:

Instead, he just looked at a couple of the pix that I'd included with the I-129F, looked at her mandated forms and passport and told her that she was approved. (I'm not sure if he even asked her any questions at all! I'll let ya'll know after I chat with her tonight.)

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

So how did it end?

What did the CO ask to see from my fiancee as evidence during her interview? NOTHING!! ZIP.. ZILCH.. NADA!! I think that she never even took any of it out of the binder on the floor. :rofl:

Instead, he just looked at a couple of the pix that I'd included with the I-129F, looked at her mandated forms and passport and told her that she was approved. (I'm not sure if he even asked her any questions at all! I'll let ya'll know after I chat with her tonight.)

Fairly typical.

Timeline

So how did it end?

Instead, he just looked at a couple of the pix that I'd included with the I-129F, looked at her mandated forms and passport and told her that she was approved. (I'm not sure if he even asked her any questions at all! I'll let ya'll

know after I chat with her tonight.)

Awesome...

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Yup, that is pretty typical, they hardly asked my wife any questions, I think they asked me more and we chatted both with the Filipino reviewer and the CO, over all a very good experience. And no one actually said my wife was approved until we were at window 72... :blush:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Okay, I chatted with my fiancee last night and got the straight scoop. The Filipino interviewer asked her the usual questions like when we met in person, for how long, etc. And he also asked to look at a few pictures that she had. No request for emails or chat logs or anything like that.

The US CO also asked her the same questions but didn't ask to see any evidence that she'd brought along. Instead, he just looked at a couple of the pictures that I had already front loaded with my I-129F submission. He also asked her son to come closer and then said hello to him.

That was it. Approved. Interview over.

She was there about 5 hours and the people were very pleasant to her and the boy. It's the sitting around and waiting which is the mind breaker. LOL

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Okay, I chatted with my fiancee last night and got the straight scoop. The Filipino interviewer asked her the usual questions like when we met in person, for how long, etc. And he also asked to look at a few pictures that she had. No request for emails or chat logs or anything like that.

The US CO also asked her the same questions but didn't ask to see any evidence that she'd brought along. Instead, he just looked at a couple of the pictures that I had already front loaded with my I-129F submission. He also asked her son to come closer and then said hello to him.

That was it. Approved. Interview over.

She was there about 5 hours and the people were very pleasant to her and the boy. It's the sitting around and waiting which is the mind breaker. LOL

Congrats, soon you'll all be together.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I have a K1 & K2 package that I'm preparing to send to my fiancee. I'll keep a copy for myself and send her 4 copies of everything... 1 for her, 1 for the CFO, 1 for the Embassy and a backup set.

And as I go along in the buildup, I'm starting to realize that the total package on her end could be 1,000 pages or more. Sheesh!!

I know that the embassy doesn't really need a lot, but even with just 1 email per month, it's somewhere between 50-75 pages. That's just the emails! Doesn't include phone logs, chat screen shots, remittances, my I-129F info and so on.

Dannnnggg...

I always used to say that if some is good, more is better and too much is just right. But this is ridiculous! LOL

Anybody else have to rent a dump truck to take their I-134F package to the FedEx office?

As for the emails, only print the first page where it shows the date, time, from, to, and first part of the email. I think they are concern of the date they want to see consistency so if you have been talking for a year, just have 12 pages or so to cover one email per month. If you have been talking for say 2 years, print the very first email then every after 2 months maybe and the very latest email. This goes with chatlogs you dont have to print the whole conversation, just a "sample" of monthly chat logs.

Also to save yourself from paying too much $$ to Fedex the docs, why dont you just send some of those docs via email and have your fiancee print them in the Philippines? It would make sense to do that, quicker too. Just FEDEX docs that need signature and other pertinent (main) doc requirements.

Reunited for good and it feels so good!

----- I-129F ------

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-05

NOA2 : 2009-09-01

Medical : 2009-10-01/02

Interview : 2009-10-13

POE (San Francisco) : 2009-11-20

Wedding : 2009-12-30

SSN (Married Name) : 2010-01-11

SSN Card Arrival : 2010-01-15

AOS Sent: 2010-03-19

AOS Arrived: 2010-03-25

AOS&EAD Notice Rcvd: 2010-04-30 dated 2010-04-23

AP Notice Rcvd: 2010-04-01

Biometrics Taken: 2010-05-07

Biometrics Schedule: 2010-05-21

EAD Card Arrived: 2010-06-16

Interview Schedule: 2010-06-25

Removal of Conditions

Packet Sent: May 14, 2012

Packet Received: May 16, 2012

INFOPASS Schedule: June 14, 2012

Biometrics Taken: June 14, 2012 (same day passport was stamped 1-551/6-month extension inc work authorization)

Biometrics Schedule: June 27, 2012

Timeline

As for the emails, only print the first page where it shows the date, time, from, to, and first part of the email. I think they are concern of the date they want to see consistency so if you have been talking for a year, just have 12 pages or so to cover one email per month. If you have been talking for say 2 years, print the very first email then every after 2 months maybe and the very latest email. This goes with chatlogs you dont have to print the whole conversation, just a "sample" of monthly chat logs.

Also to save yourself from paying too much $$ to Fedex the docs, why dont you just send some of those docs via email and have your fiancee print them in the Philippines? It would make sense to do that, quicker too. Just FEDEX docs that need signature and other pertinent (main) doc requirements.

Ummm... did you READ the thread? We're done. Interview passed and finished. Did you see the part where NONE of her evidence was needed?

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.