StraightShooter

I joked that she'd need a wheelbarrow to take her stuff to the interview

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a K1 & K2 package that I'm preparing to send to my fiancee. I'll keep a copy for myself and send her 4 copies of everything... 1 for her, 1 for the CFO, 1 for the Embassy and a backup set.

And as I go along in the buildup, I'm starting to realize that the total package on her end could be 1,000 pages or more. Sheesh!!

I know that the embassy doesn't really need a lot, but even with just 1 email per month, it's somewhere between 50-75 pages. That's just the emails! Doesn't include phone logs, chat screen shots, remittances, my I-129F info and so on.

Dannnnggg...

I always used to say that if some is good, more is better and too much is just right. But this is ridiculous! LOL

Anybody else have to rent a dump truck to take their I-134F package to the FedEx office?

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Yes, I sent way too much too. I ended up having to go through the 1000+ pages and cut that way down and still it was over 40 pounds of evidence. My wife brought it to the interview in a suitcase on wheels! Cant remember anymore what they asked to see at the interview, but it wasn't much. I just wanted her to be prepared for anything. It was a breeze for her though. That seems a long time ago now....

Happy Memorial Day you all

Timeline

My Fiance just got through her interview and passed. She only printed out 2 pages per month of our chat sessions and 1 email per month from the time we filed to interview. She said it was a waste of ink..lol..they did not even ask for it.

I did have her print out 3 months worth of call logs and text logs and after making edits I was able to keep it to <30 pg per month so still alot of material. The package I sent was no more than 30 pg. Those included employment letters 3 years of IRS transcript, 2011 1040 etc..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a K1 & K2 package that I'm preparing to send to my fiancee. I'll keep a copy for myself and send her 4 copies of everything... 1 for her, 1 for the CFO, 1 for the Embassy and a backup set.

And as I go along in the buildup, I'm starting to realize that the total package on her end could be 1,000 pages or more. Sheesh!!

I know that the embassy doesn't really need a lot, but even with just 1 email per month, it's somewhere between 50-75 pages. That's just the emails! Doesn't include phone logs, chat screen shots, remittances, my I-129F info and so on.

Dannnnggg...

I always used to say that if some is good, more is better and too much is just right. But this is ridiculous! LOL

Anybody else have to rent a dump truck to take their I-134F package to the FedEx office?

Hate to see how much oil you put in the crankcase when you change oil!! :rofl:

I would only send a sampling of emails and chat, the embassy is not going to read through 40 lbs, let alone 57 pages of chat and emails. Select about a dozen pages from various times of your emails/chat/screen shots (CFO doesn't ask for this stuff). As for backups, scan them into PDF files and send that way. You don't need to send copies of your I-129F info, they already have it.... never DO-DO when DO will DO.

From you CFO usually asks for a copy of your passport bio page, your BC and divorce decree (if you have one).

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I calculated the cost of sending the paperwork. I actually flew over to be with her as I promised.... glad I did, those doors at the embassy are HEAVY. I carried 4 photobooks, one binder, and I don't know what else. I felt like a "nerd" lawyer. That suitcase on wheels is a great idea.... but I bet the searches took a while...

I remember seeing the case folder at the CO's desk.... It was at least a foot thick....the CO joked about it being the biggest one they had seen, and needed two people to carry it. All over and done with now.... but thank goodness it is done.... now just waiting on AOS to be complete.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I would only send a sampling of emails and chat, the embassy is not going to read through 40 lbs, let alone 57 pages of chat and emails. Select about a dozen pages from various times of your emails/chat/screen shots (CFO doesn't ask for this stuff). As for backups, scan them into PDF files and send that way. You don't need to send copies of your I-129F info, they already have it.... never DO-DO when DO will DO.

From you CFO usually asks for a copy of your passport bio page, your BC and divorce decree (if you have one).

Even with only a single 2-page email from each month just from the last year, that's 24 pages... times 4 makes 96 pages. I have about 40 pages of screen shots... times 4 and that's another 160 pages. 8 page divorce decree... another 32 pages.

I know that the embassy may not want all that stuff, but my fiance wants to have it on hand. Not to mention all the other stuff in 4 copies each. And so on.

After reading some of the CFO terror threads, we want to be completely prepared there as well. I did read recently where someone only had a few emails and couple of photos and was instructed to bring more evidence as proof of a bonafide relationship.

We've already talked about me emailing stuff to her, but she still wants to bring the hardcopies. So yes, I can reduce the amount that I ship to her, but she still wants to be heavily gunned when it's time to go into battle.

I'll have her read this thread tonight while she and I are chatting so that we can address this further.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Keep it simple. How much stuff can they look at in less than 15 minutes?

Having read some of the recent CFO threads, keeping it simple led to problems, badgering, harrassment, potential denial and delays.

I'm not so concerned about the CO interview, I believe that will go easily and quickly. It's the CFO that I'm more concerned about.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Having read some of the recent CFO threads, keeping it simple led to problems, badgering, harrassment, potential denial and delays.

I'm not so concerned about the CO interview, I believe that will go easily and quickly. It's the CFO that I'm more concerned about.

The weird thing about CFO, they want to see all of it, and they wants copies of it, not the copies you brought, but copies made at the copy store around the corner, that her father-in-law owns. Bring what they ask for, nothing more, and know your Kano's mother's maiden name.

Why dont you send just one copy and then have her make several copies of the whole package here?

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Timeline

The weird thing about CFO, they want to see all of it, and they wants copies of it, not the copies you brought, but copies made at the copy store around the corner, that her father-in-law owns. Bring what they ask for, nothing more, and know your Kano's mother's maiden name.

I'm the USC. She knows far more than just my mother's maiden name.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Why dont you send just one copy and then have her make several copies of the whole package here?

We'll be talking about that option this evening. It's certainly easier for me to get it done here though. I can just take a thumb drive over to Office Depot have them do all the work, albeit at more expense.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

What Hank said. ! Just a few pages of chat transcripts, Any cards you sent, and recipients for any money you sent. They don't have time to look at all that stuff and chances are will not look at anything if everything else is Jam up. I think we had about 20 pages of stuff and about 10 pictures, plus all the required stuff.

But make sure she does know your mother's maiden name. It is a test, go, or no go.

Never heard that but my wife is sitting over my shoulder and said, yes they asked her that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.