97 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

please get back to topic and quit derailing the topic with side issues. address the concerns of the op or don't post at all. if you need help not posting, moderation is here to assist you.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Provided the man was/is happy, the wife was/is happy and the relationship is based on love and not an immigration benefit, why be "taken back and shocked?" Why not just allow such couples to have and enjoy their slice of happiness?

Should men his age be limited to women his age? Who better to determine the appropriate age gap regarding love, sex, romance, dating and marriage, other than the two consenting adults involved?

You do realize there are folks that still exist here in the USA that will be "taken back and shocked" due to your marriage to an Asian woman?

Well honestly the woman did not look happy at all. He seemed overjoyed to say the least. But back to the topic at hand. At least that is what the moderator wants us to do.

I really think this gentleman needs to take a step back and look at all the options. Talk to his fiance and find out what the real deal is. Then make a decision from that. But I would NOT go half-cocked into this and get married just because. THen you will paying her for support and alimony "just because"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Heck! I don't want to wake up every morning and see a wrinkled old man lying next beside me..

You are destined to a lot of lonely years as you get old and wrinkly yourself! Unless you go the 'MENA' route! :rofl:

Timeline

The woman wants to get the green card and the dirty old american who just want to take advantage of her youth and helplessness. .

Then everybody is happy! Why does it bother you so much?? :bonk:

Timeline

I ask folks to do what I call a LAT - Los Angeles Test. Basically, the USC needs to ask himself/herself if he/she can get the same level of age/beauty that he/she's getting from overseas here in Los Angeles?

Are you kidding? Why in he11 should I base anything on the obese hyper-entitled single women in LA? Same reason some of us buy cars and cameras made overseas. It is a global market and if the best deal is overseas than that is where you should shop! Yes, there are many beautiful LA women. But you know that the 'market' for single women in LA or anywhere in the US is a lot different than it is in many other countries. It is a well recognized fact even here in the US that a man's ability to provide is a major factor in his marital desirability, just as a woman's physical attractiveness is one of her assets! The same is true everywhere I know of. I think women here in the US that are critical of this just don't like the new competition!

Are you kidding? Why in he11 should I base anything on the obese hyper-entitled single women in LA? Same reason some of us buy cars and cameras made overseas. It is a global market and if the best deal is overseas than that is where you should shop! Yes, there are many beautiful LA women. But you know that the 'market' for single women in LA or anywhere in the US is a lot different than it is in many other countries. It is a well recognized fact even here in the US that a man's ability to provide is a major factor in his marital desirability, just as a woman's physical attractiveness is one of her assets! The same is true everywhere I know of. I think women here in the US that are critical of this just don't like the new competition!

James, as an LA woman who is neither obese nor entitled (nor married), that's pretty offensive. Sorry. My American SO seems to think he got the best deal with me domestically. Horses for courses, as they say.

I don't think of other women as competition at all. I'm definitely not every American man's type, and that's fine by me. Quite a few American men aren't mine. I figure it all works out in the wash.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.