97 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi OP, have you spoken to your fiance about this? About your doubts? She might be having second thoughts too, maybe you just have cold feet, or maybe your suspicions are justified- The first and best thing to do is speak to your fiance.

Staying with someone for 5 or even 2 years , I would imagine would be difficult if you were just in it for a GC, maybe your fiance's sisters marriages just did not work out?

Tread carefully, you would not want to accuse someone you supposedly love of fraud before you have any evidence, would you?

If in the end you decide that you do not want to go through with the marriage and you think your fiance is using you for a green card, do not get married, her I-94 will expire and she will need to return to her home country (or leave the US and go to a 3rd country) .

DO NOT marry her if you have any doubts that it is a scam, that can only lead to more problems down the line.

If you feel you and your fiance need more time to make a decision, suggest so. She can go back to her country and you can continue your relationship as it were before until you both feel comfortable enough to merge lives in the US (though she may not be very happy with this option and just decide that you are not worth the stress and heartache of returning home with her kids and waiting for you to decide you actually do want her). Of course if she does agree to this option you will need to file for another K-1 or CR-1 visa.

You have to exclude the children from your thought process. They are not your concern at this point, you are your main concern.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my opinion is if she lets her sisters control where the kids go to school then what next? Like someone said check with your fiancee and see why they are going to a different school than the one by your house? You said something about the 8 year old kid not wanting to leave his aunt? Is your fiancee ok with that too? Just from my experience being i married a woman from phils she had relatives from San Fran. to Florida. needless to say it didn't work out. This time i have a pinay fiancee who has no family members here in the states. Not saying all of the women from the phils are like that so just ask her in a regular conversation about the kids and if it seems like her sisters have a lot of influence on her then beware but if you really are in love and you know in your heart she feels the same then see what happens? Ask yourself these questions? Do we fight about her sisters?, Do her sisters tell her what to do? does she spend more time with them than you? Does she lie to you about things? those may be signs to watch out for but if she seems to want to spend all her time with you and/or ask you your opinion about things her sister want her to do?,does she seem really happy with you and will not get mad if you say something like "i think the kids should be here in the schools by the house" ?, I know it may be hard on the kids having to move to a totally different life than they are use to but i think they should be with their mother not their aunt. see what she says on that. just things to look for with out being to obvious. curious to see how this plays out and I hope it comes out that she's true to you and you and your fiancee will be happy in the end. Good luck may god take care of you on this:thumbs:

Edited by Pinoylover

Even though we are far from each other right now I know you are close to me in other ways,you are always here in my heart. You give me reason to look forward to each day,You are my life and a dream come true.there are no words to express how i feel for you.You are the light in my darkness.There could never be words strong enough to express my love for you but I'm going to show it to you everyday as long as i live.I love you with my body,soul and mind.I love you very much baby.Mwaaaaaaaaah!

Your Wife to be,

Aijeen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not know if this is the correct place for this but.....I met my Fiance through her sister. Long story short my fiancee has 2 sisters here in US both came on K1 niether stayd married to pettioner. Oldest waited 5 years other waited 2 years. I am worried I have been hustled.......I have not filed AJOS yet and wonder what I need to do to report this. My fiance also has 2 K2 age 8 and 6 that are here and since she arrived the 8 yearold refuses to leave the aunts house and they are already plan on enrolling her in school else where nd her living without us. My fiance has only been here 30 days and I. Have not married her as I am growing supicous of her familys intent. The oldest pettioned the mother who is here hooked up the other sister with a co worker fr a K1 and now me.........what can I do of the k2 that they are letting live else where and also my fiance as I suspect fraud?

My silly question, did you know all the information you gave us before helped her get the K1? if yes, then go ahead and marry her. maybe your situation is different. If you just found out all that after she came, then, it is your call if you want to marry her or not. You are the owner of your heart.

Timeline

I do not know if this is the correct place for this but.....I met my Fiance through her sister. Long story short my fiancee has 2 sisters here in US both came on K1 niether stayd married to pettioner. Oldest waited 5 years other waited 2 years. I am worried I have been hustled.......I have not filed AJOS yet and wonder what I need to do to report this. My fiance also has 2 K2 age 8 and 6 that are here and since she arrived the 8 yearold refuses to leave the aunts house and they are already plan on enrolling her in school else where nd her living without us. My fiance has only been here 30 days and I. Have not married her as I am growing supicous of her familys intent. The oldest pettioned the mother who is here hooked up the other sister with a co worker fr a K1 and now me.........what can I do of the k2 that they are letting live else where and also my fiance as I suspect fraud?

you know what, you've known her sisters first before you met your fiancee, maybe her sisters are like that but maybe your fiancee really loves you, maybe you're just being paranoid sorry for my words but why did you petitioned her anyway if you know her sisters are like that? then you must not love her that much, you can marry her have prenuptial agreement with her and if everything turns out bad then divorce her.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Animals have instinct to protect them, humans have the subtle hunches of the 'sixth sense' or the uneasiness of the 'gut feeling' to warn of danger and it serves us well... provided we pay attention. If it smells rotten -- it's likely rotten.

Who are "they?" I assume "they" did not include YOU? You can see this is off to a bad start and will likely go down hill, where is the regard for you as the future step-parent? Is it ok for others to interfere in your household and dictate how matters will be handled? If "they," includes your fiancee planned the school issue with no input from you -- she is not ready to be a wife. What kind of mother/parent allows an 8 yr old to decide what's best?

There's a pattern here, you decide. There are plenty available where she comes from, travel there to get a woman with No k2(s) and No family here, chosen by you rather than accept what was handed to you. Tell her you got a job in Alaska and you will move the family there -- her reaction, that of her mother and the ring leader sister should be interesting over the next 30 days.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

James, passing judgment on others, from a distance and over an internet forum is the easiest job of all. In all honesty I doubt you will find the answers you need here, therefore I will only make a suggestion that you sit with your fiancee, talk to her face to face and ask her all these questions. Fact is that if you are being taken, you will quite possibly see that in her body language and through the answers you will get from her. On the other hand, if there is nothing to it and if you are going to marry her, should you not be able to talk and discuss anything and everything? It takes two to tango, so you should not feel bad in demanding some answers and explanations, in a civil manner.

Good luck, whatever your decision.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Animals have instinct to protect them, humans have the subtle hunches of the 'sixth sense' or the uneasiness of the 'gut feeling' to warn of danger and it serves us well... provided we pay attention. If it smells rotten -- it's likely rotten.

Who are "they?" I assume "they" did not include YOU? You can see this is off to a bad start and will likely go down hill, where is the regard for you as the future step-parent? Is it ok for others to interfere in your household and dictate how matters will be handled? If "they," includes your fiancee planned the school issue with no input from you -- she is not ready to be a wife. What kind of mother/parent allows an 8 yr old to decide what's best?

There's a pattern here, you decide. There are plenty available where she comes from, travel there to get a woman with No k2(s) and No family here, chosen by you rather than accept what was handed to you. Tell her you got a job in Alaska and you will move the family there -- her reaction, that of her mother and the ring leader sister should be interesting over the next 30 days.

A cunning plan.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A cunning plan.

OP is suspicious about the family's intent, his words, not mine. OP smells a rat, it's in his best interest to avoid being "hustled."

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I do not know if this is the correct place for this but.....I met my Fiance through her sister. Long story short my fiancee has 2 sisters here in US both came on K1 niether stayd married to pettioner. Oldest waited 5 years other waited 2 years. I am worried I have been hustled.......I have not filed AJOS yet and wonder what I need to do to report this. My fiance also has 2 K2 age 8 and 6 that are here and since she arrived the 8 yearold refuses to leave the aunts house and they are already plan on enrolling her in school else where nd her living without us. My fiance has only been here 30 days and I. Have not married her as I am growing supicous of her familys intent. The oldest pettioned the mother who is here hooked up the other sister with a co worker fr a K1 and now me.........what

Timeline

Think thousand times before marrying her. Base on your story it sounds fishy only grade 1 cant get it..To have you with her would be the easiest way to come to america. With her family around and base on their background mostt likely they just using you.. Good Luck.

some possible paths:

Do Nothing

1. Do Not Get Married

2. Her I-94 will expire then

3. yer off the hook

Marry Her

1. Marry her then

2. File the Adjustment of Status Casefile then

3. IF and only IF your fraud suspicions prove to be true then

4. withdraw the I-864, affadavit of support prior to green card issuance and then

5. divorce

There is another path, but I not suggest it unless you are certain she's not defrauding you, and that's to marry, file, stay married, and have a happy life together.

"Plan B" sucks! Why go through the expense and the time consuming process if you KNOW you're being suckered?! - AND IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU ARE!

Edited by VadnVince

Talk to her. Don't get married unless both of you are sure you should. However, it is possible that you are just getting nervous and worried and second-guessing yourself over things which are actually innocent, and once you do that she might then withdraw some and not want to rely on you too much. Not saying that is the case, just it could be. So sit down and talk everything over with her.

03 sisters got K1 visa to come to USA? wow... really? That's what I call "family planning"!.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.