Barbiedoll

Interview denied

20 posts in this topic

At age 17 you cannot enter into a legally binding contract. So you will need to sign a new I-134 dated after you turn 18. For an I-129F the CO has a lot of discretion to accept a co-sponsor or not. They also have discretion to accept your income or not. Even if they accept the co-sponsor, they still need you as a legal sponsor, and at 17 you could not sign legally sign the sponsorship form. Hopefully they will hold this long enough at the embassy for you to get the new I-134 to him and the pay stubs.

They said, that they will keep it for one year to give us time to do the option that they offered us,this coming friday i will turn 18, when i get my 3 months pay stubbs i have to send them documents of affidavit of support & proof using via 2go.We were all thinking the same thing that they didn't approve the visa was because either I had no work and showing that i cannot support him or because of my age. Hopefully soon by the end of august I get a mail from the embassy ,.

I do find it interesting that USCIS approved your petition being you are a minor and nothing you sign is legal or binding.

The same thought went through my mind. How did it even get to the embassy? But looking at the instructions and the form, you're only certifying you're legally able to marry. In many places you can legally marry when not yet 18. Might require parental permission, but it can be done.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I do find it interesting that USCIS approved your petition being you are a minor and nothing you sign is legal or binding.

Exactly, Why would the USCIS approved the petition if im going to have a problem with a minor petitioning,. My husband told me that almost all of the people who had interviewed that day got denied because there was a rally on the same day of his interview, but at the same time im just thinking maybe it's really just because i didn't have work to support him . good thing now i do they are only asking for 3 pay stubbs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.