aFather'sLove

Permanent Resident Father trying to Petition Illegitimate child from the Philippines.

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP, please stop creating multiple threads in different forums. Keep the conversation in one place.

Moderators will merge all duplicates into one.

duplicate topics have been merged.

DO NOT start duplicate topics.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hi!

I feel your longings to be with your daughter.The way I understand it since she's not using your family name as a father,you better talk to a lawyer,particularly a family lawyer in the Philippines of what

steps you can do to give a good US life to her.I am hoping your name appeared in her birth certificate as a father.Usually written at the back of the birth certificate.

Better let your mother handle the lawyer thing so you will know what to do.

Good luck!

Life in the Philippines can be just as good or better than US, you are making an assumption that her life is bad, and she already has a good family. Everyone knows Philippine law gives the Mom all rights in this matter. He needs to move on and respect the mothers wishes as he was terribly disrespectful to her already.

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

The Family Code of the Philippines states compelling reasons for a mother to lose custody of the child: neglect; abandonment; unemployment and immorality; habitual drunkenness; drug addiction; maltreatment of the child; insanity; affliction with a communicable illness. The family code states paramount consideration in custody disputes is the welfare and well-being of the child!!!.If you can't prove compelling reasons to terminate the mother’s parental authority you will just waste his time and a lot of money.

You have visitations rights. You need to find a lawyer in Philippines and he will first file a motion for DNA testing, and if the Court renders a favorable decision after the DNA test then your lawyer can file a petition for visitation rights over the children.Good luck.

Hi! been reading your post, and no offense meant my dear, there is a lot of things that is not right for me.....again, i am not being mean, just my point of view.

My husband is a Permanent Resident now in the U.S. from the Philippines and I as a US. Citzn was the one who petitioned him. We are now living in the US. together. Husband has a child from previous relationship many years before we were married. They were never married so the child is illegitimate. The thing is, husband thought he was too young to be a father before and ran away from responsibility and left the unwed mother of the child. The mother Hid the kid for many years leaving my husband without any contact with his daughter for many years.

>>>>> you clearly stated that the your husband, the father of the child you wanted to petitioned RAN AWAY FROM RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEFT THE UNWED MOTHER OF THE CHILD....this clearly states that he is not man enough to face his own problems. And I can't blame the mother if she hid the kid from him, HE ABANDONED THEM!

Now, husband is still trying to have contact with this child and have custody. When the child was born,child did not carry the last name of the father when child was Born ,we knew that from his daughter's school info.

The child is living in the Philippines with the mother. My Husband would like to petition his daughter here in the US. What can we do? the only contact we'd have are news from our family members/friends in the Philippines about his daughter. And the only contact is by my mother in-law and sister in-law visiting the child in their school but the STEP-father's request is to have distance from the child and not allow communication. Although school principal have tried to communicate with the mother, as mentioned, the mother still doesn't allow contact with us.

>>>>> I applaude him for trying to make up with all the losses. But then again, I can't blame the mother nor the step-father if they don't allow any communication with him. And I can't blame the mother too if she didn't use his last name....I won't either!

I had communicated with the child's mother's sister because she friended me on facebook and be-friended me after on Facebook.

Husband works hard in the US. and tries to send financial support AND package with daughter's school stuff and some money)but the mother's sister(who be-friended me on Facebook) just got mad when she found out from the principal that we are sending packages for the child SHE then be-friended me on facebook saying that my husband is still a bad father and should just accept throughout his life that he abandoned his child long time ago so he will never have right with his daughter at all and saying that we should just give to the orphanage all the stuff we want to give his daughter.

>>>> I agree with the sister, he is indeed a BAD FATHER! But I don't agree that HE WILL NEVER have the right with his daughter, He is still the father.

How can we go about this process? We are also careful with this process because we don't want to spend Money on a lawyer here in the US. BUT we really want her here. Where do we start to Petition his daughter? will an evidence of a DNA test proof help? Please help my husband have right to his daughter he'd never have contact with for 10 years. I hate seeing him crushed and sad everytime he mentions his daughter. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

>>>> Again, its in the Philippine Law that mother has the right for the daughter. If i may ask, how old is the daughter? have they met? and why do you want to petition the daughter after abandoning her for a long time? Do you think it will be easy for her to bond with her father who abandoned her when she was born?

Just my 2 cents.

From what I am seeing, this man abandoned a girlfriend he got pregnant. She had the child and has been responsible for her ever since. She has married, and found a father for this child. So this child now has a loving mother, and a loving father. She doesn't want the biological father to come back around. The father to this child does not want the biological father to come around. More than likely the child does not want turmoil created by her biological father. She wants to continue to live in the ONLY family she has ever known. Family law in the Philippines gives all rights to the mother. In some cases that might be wrong, in this case is the time when it is absolutely right. The biological father is nothing but a stranger to her. He has never once been her father to the child. Leave this child alone, and don't try to screw up her life. If he truly cares for this child, let him step back, let the information be there for his daughter should the daughter one day wish to contact him. Leave the information with other family members if that's what it takes and let the girl grow up. If she chooses on her own to make contact, and she wishes to come to the USA or meet him there, then meet her and see where it goes. He's only going to loose if he tries to force this, and it is just plain wrong to do so.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

The child grew up with her mom and with her young mind the dad she knew is her step dad. Let me ask you this question, do you think it will be easy for you to convince her to live with you and the new environment she never knew? I think she'll just get confused and will affect her greatly. If they don't want your support that means they are well off with their life, that they can support the child's needs. At least, you know the mistake you made and I'm sorry to say you can never take it back and redo it again. The only thing you can do is to talk to her mom and ask her permission to visit her sometimes. From my understanding, you are getting all that rejection from the child's family because you are like a threat to them that someday you might take the child away from them. I can only say move on and I hope you'll be happy with your wife and the family you'll create someday. God bless. :innocent:

Edited by GLJ1322

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks guys..it really is disappointing2 think about..we have spoken with the mother n she said she's willing2 change the daughter's birth certificate n add my husbands last name..n undergo w/visa processing..we will try..we r so thankful as to y she changed her mind..she said we can give her a better education in the U.S. she is (they are living in a hard condition as both of daughter's parents are unemployed n they have a 3yearold n a newborn) she said they r struggling2 support.she is 9 years old turning 10 this Sept. Daughter have the same birthday as husband. We will go with I-130 n we r getting our lawyer ready for the DNa proof.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.