CarolynC

Anyone visit yr fiance in US after you get yr NOA2 ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Everyone

Does anyone has experience visiting the US after receiving NOA2?

I have just received my NOA2 recently but has already booked and plan my trip to US in June.

Would I be deny entry? or shld i just cancel the trip and wait for my interview date and go once i get my K1 visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi Everyone

Does anyone has experience visiting the US after receiving NOA2?

I have just received my NOA2 recently but has already booked and plan my trip to US in June.

Would I be deny entry? or shld i just cancel the trip and wait for my interview date and go once i get my K1 visa?

I replied to this question on the other post where you asked about it.

There is a BIG chance they may deny your entrance to the USA at POE. It's up to you decide if you'd like to take the risk or not.

Here's the link to my reply on the other thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/299495-can-i-visit-my-usc-fiance-while-waiting-for-the-k1/page__view__findpost__p__5403352

90% refused entry. if you got it just wait until you get your visa. it wont take much longer

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi

I just want to know what is the basis of saying that i will definitely be deny entry upon POE.

I will be entering on a Visa waiver program. Will I still be deny?

I already have the return ticket too.

I hope someone who has similar circumstances n who has experience it..please advise me..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi

I just want to know what is the basis of saying that i will definitely be deny entry upon POE.

I will be entering on a Visa waiver program. Will I still be deny?

I already have the return ticket too.

I hope someone who has similar circumstances n who has experience it..please advise me..

No one here can tell you with certainty if they will let you in, even if you will be entering under the VWP. Your acceptance at POE rests solely on the decision of the immigration officer.

Once again, there is a HIGH risk of getting turned down... Like DeeDee said.. 90% (or more). If the officer woke up on the wrong side of the bed, you could be sent back home. You will have to take strong evidence of ties to your own country and they will have to believe that you will come back.... if they have the slightest doubt, they will NOT let you through.

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Could y'all please link me to where you find the 90% denial information?

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.