Kev0

Validity period on a "replacement" Visa?

4 posts in this topic

We previously had our K-1 Visa approved, but due to circumstances beyond my sweetheart's (the beneficiary) control we weren't able to use it. We're in the process of having it "replaced". This is requiring a new medical, interview, etc, but not reapplication through USCIS, so it isn't taking nearly as long. This is not a reissue, as it's been explained to me, but is a replacement of an unused visa.

What I am wanting to find out is how long this replacement visa's validity period will be. I am referring to the window of time in which she will be able to enter to the US, not the 90 days to get married after she gets here. The original one was only a bit more than 3 months. I thought they generally were good for 6 months, but the duration just seemed odd for ours, because it was about 3.5 months. Just trying to plan ahead here. :)

Thanks!

Kevin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting, I was about to post a similar question. We just received our visa, her interview was May 11, and ours is good until September 20th. So like really four months probably from when they actually issued it. I was under the impression it would be for six months as well. So I'm curious, if maybe they are now issuing them for only four months?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We previously had our K-1 Visa approved, but due to circumstances beyond my sweetheart's (the beneficiary) control we weren't able to use it. We're in the process of having it "replaced". This is requiring a new medical, interview, etc, but not reapplication through USCIS, so it isn't taking nearly as long. This is not a reissue, as it's been explained to me, but is a replacement of an unused visa.

What I am wanting to find out is how long this replacement visa's validity period will be. I am referring to the window of time in which she will be able to enter to the US, not the 90 days to get married after she gets here. The original one was only a bit more than 3 months. I thought they generally were good for 6 months, but the duration just seemed odd for ours, because it was about 3.5 months. Just trying to plan ahead here. :)

Thanks!

Kevin

Maximum of 6 months, but the validity date is tied to the medical, so the date of your medical + 6 months. The validity date will be stamped on the visa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah thanks, that makes sense as the medical is good for six months, so thanks. I was just trying figure out the math, but you're right from our medical to the expiration of the visa is exactly six months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.