Mogambi

Random things I learned in the K1 process

38 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I was your wife I would be very upset to read the bolded part :angry:

That is why I am glad you are NOT asawa ko..... She read it and laughed.....she understands my humor very much and knows what I mean.... I wish I could not have gone through a horrible previous marriage....but because of how bad THAT marriage was.... I treasure her love all the more....

not to make it sound mean or bad.. but think this way

when you live in a mobile home (or doghouse) for years and then someone gives you mansion to live in for the rest of your life...you can't help but feel blessed and wonder why you put up with the doghouse as long as you did....I treasure EVERY SINGLE MOMENT with asawa ko.... I just wish I could have married her FIRST instead of second....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

That is why I am glad you are NOT asawa ko..... She read it and laughed.....she understands my humor very much and knows what I mean.... I wish I could not have gone through a horrible previous marriage....but because of how bad THAT marriage was.... I treasure her love all the more....

not to make it sound mean or bad.. but think this way

when you live in a mobile home (or doghouse) for years and then someone gives you mansion to live in for the rest of your life...you can't help but feel blessed and wonder why you put up with the doghouse as long as you did....I treasure EVERY SINGLE MOMENT with asawa ko.... I just wish I could have married her FIRST instead of second....

Perhaps you missed this:

Hey no offence, but rather than hijacking my thread which is trying to help people, how about you start a new discussion about all this other #######. No need to continue that discussion here as it has nothing to do with the purpose of this thread.

Thank you.

:ot2:

:lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, think about it, he didn't say he wished he had married Gretchen, he said "a filipina". Almost seems like he's saying that one filipina is just the same as another. It's not marrying Gretchen that is so wonderful, it's marrying "a filipina."

And you seriously don't see how that could make his wife upset?

To be honest, I'd be more upset if I were a Filipina living in an area where men come to look for a bride and they cold-approached me. That would be akin to being propositioned as a "pok-pok" just because I was wearing sexy clothes. If you think about it, the fact that guys invariably go to certain places over others carries serious implications that should upset the women. But it doesn't; or they overlook it. Why? Because the end justifies the means...

While I do "see" how what he wrote could make his wife upset, women in the Philippines are smart enough to know that it could be anyone else making their husband happy right now; it could even been their sister or best friend. But from reading this forum, FIlipinas who married via K-1 Visas don't seem to believe that. What does that say about how they view their husbands?

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want to thank you all for stealing my thread, and turning it into something that it was never designed for. I posted this trying to help some people, and now we might as well just delete the thread. I'm sorry but it's incredibly rude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want to thank you all for stealing my thread, and turning it into something that it was never designed for. I posted this trying to help some people, and now we might as well just delete the thread. I'm sorry but it's incredibly rude.

Hi. I don't want to be rude and I've been here since my K1 visa, your post is great but was discussed here a lot of times. New members will keep posting different questions and concerns, same as what you've posted. And old members will always be diligently share their experiences to educate those in midst of the journey. This is a public forum, topics may go in different turns because of different point of view but you're still getting good response from other members. Just don't take things too serious, VJ'ers might having fun with forum but sure enough, they try to help others to get through the journey. Just chill.

Besides, not all Filipino fiancé or spouse really have the hard time with the process. I never had problem with the process as I followed the guidelines that was posted here.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything you posted has been beat to death many times before. You were not turning on a light for the first time for all to see. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

People who see your posting for the first time will see your first post and then have the opportunity to read all the posts, so if you feel you ONE post is valuable it will be read by many.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.