elmer and hensie

scheduling an interview appointment

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

does online interview appointment at USEM allows you to choose the specific date that you want? or they will just show you the available dates?

please i need some answer.. i know you can help me..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

does online interview appointment at USEM allows you to choose the specific date that you want? or they will just show you the available dates?

please i need some answer.. i know you can help me..

Yes, when you get to the appointment screen you will see a calendar showing where the embassy has opening available for interviews, when you see a date and time you like you choose it. Remember to print out two copies of the confirmation page when completed, you will need one for St. Luke's and it will be good to bring the other to the embassy if you don't have the letter from them (just in case)

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

wow!! thank you so much for the detailed answers that you had given me.. thank you!!

one more thing... does june or july dates are available or those months are already occupied?! hopefully not.....

Timeline

wow!! thank you so much for the detailed answers that you had given me.. thank you!!

one more thing... does june or july dates are available or those months are already occupied?! hopefully not.....

Won't know what is available until your get to the scheduling calendar.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

June is still available as far as I know because I called last week after using the online appointment system to see if I could get an earlier date. NVC had received my petition on May 16th. I used the online appointment system snd scheduled a June 4th interview. When I called the appointment desk, they said they no longer had any May appointments I had seen earlier, but had the first week of June. Don't wait too long. If you are able to schdule an appointment then go ahead an do it. I called NVC back a coupole of days later and that is when I found out they had transmotted the petition to the Embassy on May 18th. Good luck.

Timeline

ok then thank you so much rickjovi.... im planning to sched on july... i got my case number already and i am waiting that the embassy receive it so that i could pay for my visa.

Go ahead and pay the VISA fee. Don't wait to her from the Embassy. It is good for 1 year. Go online once the fee is paid an see what dates are available. The fee receipt is tied to you Philippine passport number. The fee payment normally take 4-24 hours after payment to be used in the online appointment system. Good luck.

Edited by RickJovi

Timeline

you dont have to wait for USEM to receive your packet. Since you already have your mnl case number, she can go ahead and pay her visa fee, sched her interview date and go for her medical as well as gather all her docs ready for interview.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Timeline

ok then thank you so much rickjovi.... im planning to sched on july... i got my case number already and i am waiting that the embassy receive it so that i could pay for my visa.

Like said, absolutely no reason to be waiting. Go to BPI with the passport, pay the fee and get things done.

After NOA2 AND YOU HAVE YOUR MNL #

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number, your passport number IS your receipt number.

Priorty Date; this is the date the NOA 2 was approved.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.