Dai Gia

Memorial Day 2012

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'd like to give a special "THANK YOU" to all servicemen who paid their lives in Vietnam, either American or Vietnamese, before 1975 so people like me and my family can come to the US and enjoy the freedom and better life.

Freedom is not free. Without your sacrifice, some of us, Vietnamese immigrants, would not never be able to have what we have today. Your sacrifice will NEVER be forgotten.

I don't care what other think about communism. I personally would never accept it nor associate with it. Any communist political regime should be abolished from the face of the earth.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

3 of my uncles fought in the VN war (my dad wasn't required as he was in the nat'l music conservatory in saigon). when the war ended in '75 the oldest took many of the family members over, the second flew his helicopter directly to the evacuation site...and the 3rd was detained by the commies and put in a concentration camp. the rest of the family including us came over in the mid 80's as part of the ODP program.

i'll be drinking some cold ones with my 2yr old to remember the day.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

I recalled 1974-75, when the communist took over Saigon. My family and I were hide under our wooding bed or table. While the helicopter flying all over the sky, and the bombing noise all over the place. People running around looking for their family members. Those scary dark day are over. Now, we are living in America for freedom. Thank you for all the men and women serving our country. And, specially thank you for all the Vietnamese Vet. Last, for all the boat people.

http://boatpeople75.tripod.com/

God Bless America!!!

post-54742-0-51709000-1338060333_thumb.jpg

Edited by hniHnitsuJ

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Timeline

I'd like to give a special "THANK YOU" to all servicemen who paid their lives in Vietnam, either American or Vietnamese, before 1975 so people like me and my family can come to the US and enjoy the freedom and better life.

Freedom is not free. Without your sacrifice, some of us, Vietnamese immigrants, would not never be able to have what we have today. Your sacrifice will NEVER be forgotten.

I don't care what other think about communism. I personally would never accept it nor associate with it. Any communist political regime should be abolished from the face of the earth.

I was too young to serve then but remember watching the fall of Saigon. It was a defining moment in my life. It was like watching 50,000 American Soldier lives going to waste.

Yes I know there were many more Vietnamese death toll. Life is good for me here in America and count my blessings.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are around 100 countries in the world that are non-communists systems but they are still poor, corrupt. Philippines, Cambodia, India, Bangladesh,... are the free and democratic societies next to Vietnam but they are no better than Vietnam, and many more countries in South America, Africa, Middle East, and even in Europe. America is a great country, no doubt, but if you look back at the U.S. history. Since this country was declared independence and the U.S. Constitution was born in 1776, it says "all men are created equal" and the Bills of Rights came into exists as Laws. However, slavery, brutality, or no justice continued and applied to the society for the next almost 200 years til Dr. Martin Luther King was killed in 1963 as a civil rights leader.

During World War II, hundred of thousands of the Japanese American were imprisoned just because they were Japanese. Many of those Japanese American were born in America, never considered Japan as their country, but still they were imprisoned because America was at war with Japan.

The Vietnam War was a lesson learned not just for the Vietnamese, American,... but for the whole world. Vietnam should have never be divided into 2 countries, for thousands of years, Vietnam was created as 1 Vietnam, just 1 Vietnam, not to be divided into two separated countries by the Western Countries that wanted to conquered Vietnam and its resources.

Many of the South Vietnamese soldiers now living in America keep on criticizing how cruelty the Vietnamese Communists were during the world, but what about 2 millions North Vietnamese were killed by both American, and South Vietnamese? B52's bombing, Napalm, Agent Oranges, .....

United Nations never allowed any country in the world to use chemical weapons at war ever since World War I, but look how many millions of gallons of chemical agents were sprayed over Vietnam during the war.

Edited by Hy Vong

Timeline

probably can't get political about USA...but can we get political about vietnam in this section? :whistle: anyways imo if the USA really wanted to win the VN war at any time they could have.

The U.S. won every battle handily in VN but lost the war. If we had started sending a few token forces back when the North started the last battle they would have backed off. The U.S. lost the will to fight there. No matter the reasons but I felt we betrayed the country.

Timeline

Spending some $500 billions, over 10 years, more than 58,000 lives, over 500,000 wounded, effecting American Politics for almost 40 years since the VN War ended, that is, even since the Vietnam War ended, it is still hurting American Politics, .. especially on every general election and you said if America wanted to win they could have won? Yeah, only if they used the Nuclear weapons at war but no way that they could have used because Vietnam was different the Japanese, North Vietnamese never sent or intend to send military to other countries to invade like the Japanese that caused America to use nuclear boms.

About the Vietnamese politics. All I want to say is, if the South Vietnamese accepted the general election in 1956 after the Geneva Convention than the war could have been avoided and the Vietnamese people would be better in living standard now.

The South Vietnamese leaders were puppet to the West, they refused to take on the nation wide election and they claimed that they fight for freedom and democracy?

Edited by Hy Vong

Timeline

There are around 100 countries in the world that are non-communists systems but they are still poor, corrupt. Philippines, Cambodia, India, Bangladesh,... are the free and democratic societies next to Vietnam but they are no better than Vietnam, and many more countries in South America, Africa, Middle East, and even in Europe. America is a great country, no doubt, but if you look back at the U.S. history. Since this country was declared independence and the U.S. Constitution was born in 1776, it says "all men are created equal" and the Bills of Rights came into exists as Laws. However, slavery, brutality, or no justice continued and applied to the society for the next almost 200 years til Dr. Martin Luther King was killed in 1963 as a civil rights leader.

During World War II, hundred of thousands of the Japanese American were imprisoned just because they were Japanese. Many of those Japanese American were born in America, never considered Japan as their country, but still they were imprisoned because America was at war with Japan.

The Vietnam War was a lesson learned not just for the Vietnamese, American,... but for the whole world. Vietnam should have never be divided into 2 countries, for thousands of years, Vietnam was created as 1 Vietnam, just 1 Vietnam, not to be divided into two separated countries by the Western Countries that wanted to conquered Vietnam and its resources.

Many of the South Vietnamese soldiers now living in America keep on criticizing how cruelty the Vietnamese Communists were during the world, but what about 2 millions North Vietnamese were killed by both American, and South Vietnamese? B52's bombing, Napalm, Agent Oranges, .....

United Nations never allowed any country in the world to use chemical weapons at war ever since World War I, but look how many millions of gallons of chemical agents were sprayed over Vietnam during the war.

Most of this I agree with but the Constitution itself denoted that slaves were worth 2/3 of a man for voting purposes. Yes all men were created equal if they were white and Christian. It took a lot of violence to change this.

Timeline

Most of this I agree with but the Constitution itself denoted that slaves were worth 2/3 of a man for voting purposes. Yes all men were created equal if they were white and Christian. It took a lot of violence to change this.

how could the Constitution be written and declared such that the color of the human being be divided into different classes like that in a free and democratic society and called it the right constitution? It was wrong that's why it got changed, it took many years and many lives such as the life of Dr. Martin Luther King to change.

You just simply cannot classify a black man as 2/3 of a human being and treat him as slave. You just cannot call a yellow skin man a 1/3 of human being and make he works like animals. The Constitution was wrong and it took America around 200 years to wake up and change.

Back to Vietnam, Communist is only been 37 years in Vietnam and they are wrong, they were wrong at some point but to me, they were right in fighting the countries that came to Vietnam to invade.

Edited by Hy Vong

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

probably can't get political about USA...but can we get political about vietnam in this section? :whistle: anyways imo if the USA really wanted to win the VN war at any time they could have.

getting too political in ether case gets it moved to the P&R forum... this seems to be skirting being off topic......

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

getting too political in ether case gets it moved to the P&R forum... this seems to be skirting being off topic......

well what's done is done. my hope now is for the old guard to start dying up north and maybe the young guys coming up who are westernized will see the big picture...but i'm not holding my breath. it's a glorified fiefdom.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

The Constitution said "Other Persons" counted as 3/5, part of the 3 /5th compromise.

There were blacks who got whole votes, not 3 /5th of people vote. Also, the emancipation proclamation did not free any slaves in union states. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

how could the Constitution be written and declared such that the color of the human being be divided into different classes like that in a free and democratic society and called it the right constitution? It was wrong that's why it got changed, it took many years and many lives such as the life of Dr. Martin Luther King to change.

You just simply cannot classify a black man as 2/3 of a human being and treat him as slave. You just cannot call a yellow skin man a 1/3 of human being and make he works like animals. The Constitution was wrong and it took America around 200 years to wake up and change.

Back to Vietnam, Communist is only been 37 years in Vietnam and they are wrong, they were wrong at some point but to me, they were right in fighting the countries that came to Vietnam to invade.