Mary Therese

Fiance Visa Service

61 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mary Therese you will definately receive an approval at uscis if you use Easy fiance visa but the visa approval will depend on the type of consulate you will be intervewing,i can guarantee you that they are good at preparing the visa applications and everything else you need for the interview.its just that some consulates are hard to deal with.

There are Legal Terms Here: It not a Petition for a Visa... It is a Petition for a Alien Fiance. HINT ! Though that is the Goal. That is not how it is viewed.

There are hoops to jump and time. Then, you pay the fees and File for a Visa Petition. After NOA2

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Mary, understand the difference between a Petition and a Visa. Not One Company can Represent the US Goverment or any Goverment. Not even a Lawyer.

The initial start of the K-1 PETITION can seem confusing as it was for me. The Company is a third party and does not represent you in any legal form or capacity as a Attourney can but, even if you had an Attorney they are considered a 3rd party and have no legal jurisdiction what-so-ever.

If you are confused by the process then a Visa Services is OK. But remember, its not a Visa service. It is a "For Profit" Company to help with paperwork ONLY.

What this means is: They help with the paperwork. ONLY!!!!!! It will be up to you and your Future Spouse to Qualify for USCIS Approval of the FUTURE Visa. Hugs!

Hello Tim/Mav, thank you very much for your response to this thread :)

Yes i do comprehend the terminologies and what they refer to...and I also do understand these companies are basically just 3rd party...and in the real and simple sense can just provide guidance and support from putting together the petition package to embassy interview, but my fiance is quite a busy guy..big responsibilities at work, so for his side, he would like to be guided by whom they refer to themselves as 'experts' to save time, in my case i can contribute through reading, and making inquiries and finding free and reliable guidance which by the way this wonderful website is definitely perfect for ;) and thus....this post

Your response is appreciated and oh God bless the two of you! :)

we are now expecting our first baby! :goofy: (L) :dancing: (F) :wub: :star: :dance: :jest:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, I understand. Trust me I do. GOOD LUCK YOUNG LADY !

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Mary, understand the difference between a Petition and a Visa. Not One Company can Represent the US Goverment or any Goverment. Not even a Lawyer.

The initial start of the K-1 PETITION can seem confusing as it was for me. The Company is a third party and does not represent you in any legal form or capacity as a Attourney can but, even if you had an Attorney they are considered a 3rd party and have no legal jurisdiction what-so-ever.

If you are confused by the process then a Visa Services is OK. But remember, its not a Visa service. It is a "For Profit" Company to help with paperwork ONLY.

What this means is: They help with the paperwork. ONLY!!!!!! It will be up to you and your Future Spouse to Qualify for USCIS Approval of the FUTURE Visa. Hugs!

Yes i do comprehend the terminologies and what they refer to...and I also do understand these companies are basically just 3rd party...and in the real and simple sense can just provide guidance and support from putting together the petition package to embassy interview, but my fiance is quite a busy guy..big responsibilities at work, so for his side, he would like to be guided by whom they refer to themselves as 'experts' to save time, in my case i can contribute through reading, and making inquiries and finding free and reliable guidance which by the way this wonderful website is definitely perfect for and thus....this post

we are now expecting our first baby! :goofy: (L) :dancing: (F) :wub: :star: :dance: :jest:

And I pray for your processing to be successful to. We shall all get through this.

Yes! Amen to that! Thank you:)

Mary Therese you will definately receive an approval at uscis if you use Easy fiance visa but the visa approval will depend on the type of consulate you will be intervewing,i can guarantee you that they are good at preparing the visa applications and everything else you need for the interview.its just that some consulates are hard to deal with.

thank you, i will take note of your comment...yes...the embassy consulates seem to be the bottleneck of the process...i hear the US embassy is one of the very strict ones too...

yet we shall press on...this is definitely worth fighting for :)

It is interesting to note that USCIS considers "visa services" to be scammers.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.e8b24a3cec33ca34c48bfc10526e0aa0/?vgnextoid=b9563ab7b8f3b210VgnVCM10000025e6a00aRCRD&vgnextchannel=b9563ab7b8f3b210VgnVCM10000025e6a00aRCRD

"You can file USCIS forms yourself, but many people choose to have help. You may need help writing in the answers to questions on USCIS forms or translating documents into English. You can get this type of limited help from anyone. This person should only charge you a small fee and not claim to have special knowledge of immigration law and procedure.

Not sure what immigration benefit to apply for or which USCIS forms you need to file? Then you may need immigration legal advice.

Only attorneys or accredited representatives can:

Give you legal advice about which forms to submit

Explain immigration options you may have

Communicate with USCIS about your case

An attorney or a BIA-accredited representative can legally represent you before USCIS. Your legal representative must file a Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, with your application(s). USCIS will send information on your application to your legal representative.

WARNING: “Notarios,” notary publics, immigration consultants and businesses cannot give you immigration legal advice. In many other countries, the word “notario” means that the individual is an attorney, but that is not true in the United States. If you need help with immigration issues, be very careful before paying money to anyone who is neither an attorney nor a BIA-accredited representative of a recognized organization."

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes i do comprehend the terminologies and what they refer to...and I also do understand these companies are basically just 3rd party...and in the real and simple sense can just provide guidance and support from putting together the petition package to embassy interview, but my fiance is quite a busy guy..big responsibilities at work, so for his side, he would like to be guided by whom they refer to themselves as 'experts' to save time, in my case i can contribute through reading, and making inquiries and finding free and reliable guidance which by the way this wonderful website is definitely perfect for and thus....this post

Mary Therese I'm sure your man is a busy guy, a lot of us are these days. I can tell you that I put in a total of about 10 hours assembling my petition. From reading your posts it seems you are an intelligent person and well spoken person, you and visajourney should be the only support he needs.

Either way good luck and welcome.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No one is that busy. He has time off so he can research the guides here on VJ. The process is really not that difficult and will save you a lot of money. If the agency makes a mistake on the paperwork and everyone is human and it can happen, then you wasted your money and will still get an RFE. Have him take some of his spare off time and do a little research here on VJ, it will be worth it more in the long run.

I am using Dean Visa Office they have helped me out alot. He has advised me every step of the way and answered any questions from me.

Filed: Timeline

I too am looking into Visa Agencies. I have seen prices for services run from from a 3-pay plan of 325 per payment all the way up past 1795 dollars.

On Thursday, 5/24/2012 I spoke with a person from easyfiancevisa.com and they sent me a some info through email. One link was to you tube expalining the process. There I found other agencies also doing the yooutube thing. Visa Journey website was even mentioned in one of the youtube videos I watched.

Now back to easyfinancevisa.com. The person I spoke to let it slip that the boss "just passed" the bar exam. Thus meaning they are in a state of transition from an agency providing services for you to actaully being able to offer legal advice. I guess this can help out in several cases.

I have been looking into the "mail order bride" thing since the mid 90's to late 90's (since the advent of the internet). My first dealings with them was over a year ago when I met someone online and looked into getting married. Sadly it didn't work out. Although my interest was in passing back then, I have become much more focused on finding a wife either here or abroad and thus I have been doing a lot of research into the various lawyers and agencies.

One other thing I noticed when contacting all of the services and even the so-called immigration lawyers, they all quote a success rate. Some will say 100%. Almost all say if you go off and do it on your own that the success rate is about 50%. To me this is a "talking point" to try to scare someone from doing it themselves. I mean come one when you really put the numbers on the table, you are going to spend almost 20K or more on a fiance to get here, marry her/him and have her/him become a citizen. So when the immigration lawyer (usually affliated with AILA) or even easyfiancevisa.com quotes that success rate they have versus what they believe you have, its almost logical to go with the service when you consider the amount of money and time involved, not mention feelings and emotions that yoiu have invested in your significant other.

Edited by mclfxr

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

well if you're going to pay almost $1800 for a visa service, why not just pay the extra $200 or $300 and hire an actual attorney?! If you get a good one they'll still help you with the paperwork and preparation for filing your petition but will also represent you all the way through AOS in the event that you need them to be present at your AOS interview--might be good, especially if your SO is from a high fraud post. For example, I did not use a visa service, but I hired an attorney. I paid $2,200, and the attorney sent me and my SO questionnaires. From these questions, they filled out the petitions for us and all other necessary paperwork, had us review and sign, and directed us which evidence pieces we needed, how many, and organized and made copies of all evidence before filing on our behalf. They're always available if I have questions, they made the filing process super easy (I'm also a very busy person with a significant amount of responsibility in my company), and they'll be there for us throughout the AOS process. Word of advice, though, if hiring a lawyer: do some checking and don't just hire the first one you find. Get one that specializes in immigration law, who's located within driving distance to where you're located. Check references for their communication/organiziation/ease of access/helpfulness/friendliness to clients, find out what his or her "win rate" or percentage of time they win their cases is, and find one that's reasonably priced... it shouldn't cost you more than $3,000 or so, tops. This is the only way you're assured of having someone who is actually qualified to help you with the process since visa agencies can only file paperwork for you and cannot act on your behalf in dealing with consulates or getting information. Good luck!

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

• Jan 20th, 2012 - Mailed I-129F Package to VSC
  • Jan 31st, 2012 - NOA1 Received
  • Jul 11th, 2012 - NOA2 Received
  • Jul 17th, 2012 - Received at NVC/Case Number Assigned
  • Jul 19th, 2012 - Petition Sent to Casablanca Consulate
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 - Petition Received at Casablanca
  • Jul 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
  • Sept 5th, 2012 - Interview (approved)
  • Sept. 7th, 2012 - Visa Received
  • November 16th, 2012 - POE: Atlanta, GA
  • December 1st, 2012 - Married
  • March 21st, 2013 - AOS Filed
  • March 29th, 2013 - I-485 NOA Received
  • June 19th, 2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • July 11th, 2013 - EAD and AP Combined Card Received
  • September 20th, 2013 - NOID issued for missing immunization records
  • September 26th - 27th, 2013 - Obtained updated immunization, physical, sealed records from Civil Surgeon
  • October 3rd, 2013 - Immunization records mailed to USCIS Charlotte Office
  • October 8th, 2013 - Immunization records received at USCIS
  • October 29th, 2013 - I-485 Application to adjust status to Marriage Visa approved (no interview)
  • November 7th, 2013 - Restricted Green Card arrived
  • July 31st, 2015 - I-751 Removal of Conditions filed
  • August 3rd, 2015 - Received ROC NOA1
  • August 25th, 2015 - Biometrics appointment completed
  • July 14th, 2016 - Application for 10-year visa approved; new card in production
  • July 22nd, 2016 - 10-year visa received
  • September 6th, 2016 - Filed N-400 petition for naturalization
  • September 9th, 2016 - N-400 petition for naturalization received by USCIS - Texas Lockbox (September 9th priority date)
  • September 16th, 2016 - NOA received for N-400
  • October 7th, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
  • October 25th, 2016 - placed in line to receive naturalization interview date
  • February 27th, 2017 - interview scheduled
  • March 3rd, 2017 - NOA received for interview date
  • April 3rd, 2017 - naturalization interview - PASSED!
  • April 21st, 2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would be very careful to tell someone if they use a visa Service they will get a visa. The service can help organize paperwork, but that is all! THey have NO ability to grant Visas, and really you have no more chance to get a visa using them than if you do the paperwork properly yourself.

I think the only benefit is if you are very confused by all the paperwork is that they can help look it over, make sure it's prepared correctly.

In the end, I did not use one, my fiance was just approved last week. If you are an organized person, there isn't much reason you cannot do this yourself.

But beware any agency that guarantees you a visa. They have no ability to guarantee that. I think most of them are just out to get your money. I have heard more bad stories about them than good ones.

Same with immigration lawyers. Unless yours is a special case, no need for an attorney.

well if you're going to pay almost $1800 for a visa service, why not just pay the extra $200 or $300 and hire an actual attorney?! ... Good luck!

Hi Linds,

I guess the reason the person let it slip the boss just passed the bar is that so people will understand now that easyfiance visa dot com is in transition to becoming not just another service but a service provided by an attorney. However, with whome ever I have spoken to its the elves behind the scenes that actually do the filling out of paperwork and the filing. If a problem arises then the attorney steps in. To be honest a service like easyfinance visa or rapidvisa are okay services to use even as a past poster stated the USCIS deems them to be scams. I guess it all boils down to how much research you do about the company or attorney. An immigration attorney or an immigration service is like any other company. Yes they exist to make a profit. That is the nature of any business. However, read reviews and check up on them. Look at past results. Ask for and follow through on references if they wil give them out. Ask many many questions. Read everything and just don't sign on the dotted line. If it is true that easyfiance visa's boss is now a bona fide immigration lawyer who passed the bar, then when you hire easyfiance visa you are hiring an immigration lawyer.

I would be very careful to tell someone if they use a visa Service they will get a visa. The service can help organize paperwork, but that is all! THey have NO ability to grant Visas, and really you have no more chance to get a visa using them than if you do the paperwork properly yourself.

I think the only benefit is if you are very confused by all the paperwork is that they can help look it over, make sure it's prepared correctly.

In the end, I did not use one, my fiance was just approved last week. If you are an organized person, there isn't much reason you cannot do this yourself.

But beware any agency that guarantees you a visa. They have no ability to guarantee that. I think most of them are just out to get your money. I have heard more bad stories about them than good ones.

Same with immigration lawyers. Unless yours is a special case, no need for an attorney.

Hi Mogambi,

Yes beware of guarantees. However, the lawyers and agenies I have spoken to quote a success rate this is not a bona fide guarantee. The higher the success rate the more implication that if you use their services you too will have success. In my dealings with them they have made the disclaimer that they do not guarantee a visa but will once again quote a success rate. To me the "success rate" is a passive guarantee. However, this is a common sales technique in whatever industry you do business with. Basically you are trying to get the client picture themselves successful at the end of their journey. For example a car salesman will try to get you to picture yourself behind the wheel of that sportcar with a buxom beauty in the next seat. Its a sales technique and a quite effective one at that.

Not all services are bad and not all lawyers are good. Do your research. Do your homework and as always YMMV. (YMMV - Your milagemay vary meaning what one person got as an experience may not be the same you get if you employ the same indiviual or company.)

Edited by mclfxr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Mary Therese, we use this service last year to get fiancee visa, take about 6-7 month for finally get my visa, we use it bcos we didn't know about VJ that time, and both of us busy with work, so we decide to use this service to help us, actually they just help us fill up the form, cos you still the one who have to provide all the data, so if you pretty familiar with the process and read it at VJ , I'm pretty sure you could do it by yourself. They offer to help us for the AOS , but since i found VJ already i decide to do it by myself,..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.