aplummer2

How do people do this??

57 posts in this topic

I finally met May in the Philippines on April 28, 2012 and stayed there until May 16, 2012. I proposed to her on her birthday while I was there (May 6) and sent the paperwork on May 21st. Now the long wait begins and back to Skype. I've been reading these forums for months now and received a lot of helpful advice. My problem is, it hasn't even been a week since I filed and I'm missing her already. I don't know how people can stand waiting the 5, 6 or more months for their loved one. It's killing me already! I just want to be with her.

Please someone send me some encouragement.. :)

You start preparing for next step (that is, NOA2 and interview); then you also start addressing her coming to the US; it will be a cultural shock to say the least, so now is the time to start thinking and preparing. Things as simple as you do everything here over the phone (you don't actually go to an office most times; outside of going to the SSA office and MVD for example. Another one: don't know you, but I don't go to the groceries every day; in Europe is common to stop by the shops at the metro/train station to get last minute stuff; here you go once a week, maybe once every 2 weeks. In Philippines, from what I've heard and educate myself with co-workers, it's also a daily chore (well at least the friends I have tell me so); driving, etc, etc. Then gettin gthe house ready, for example, one of the bedrooms in my home would be my wife 'office', meaning her own space where she can do her e-mail, work with her pictures, study English, etc; so I change the floors to hardwood and re-paint and wired for phone, computer, etc; then good desk and chair, file cabinet, etc. Then, prepared backyard, with what I knew he wanted: gardening space, shade, tools.

It actually never ends if you know what I mean. I keep getting things added to my list; even after we had discussed over the phone and e-mail, several things that were no-no are now back into the picture, for example window shutters (exterior). I wanted to make some and install and she absolutely refused; now that she is enjoying the 'balmy' Houston weather (not Summer yet, but already 92+ and very high humidity, just this morning she brought the topic; so I am again researching for materials, etc. Additionally now she wants a porch in the back (had been planning on that for a while, but waited for her to finalize design (i really don't like to do things more than once)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here was my way of dealing with it.

I threw everything to the wind in regards to my

life back in California and took 2 suitcases

to Heathrow. Not the wisest route to follow

though but definetely the most impulsive!

I'm trying to sit back and see how it all pans

out or if my darned astrological sign drove me

to dive head first into an empty swimming pole.

To be continued ...

25 points to the first person who can guess my sign :yes:

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I had to smile when I read this because I was the biggest complainer about how difficult the waiting is. At times, the wait has been absolutely agonizing. Even as recently as a couple of weeks ago when it seemed like our petition was never going to get sent out from NVC to the embassy i didn't think i was going to scrape up enough patience to get through it. This week when I purchased my plane ticket to visit him for the interview I suddenly realized that OMG if all goes well, he is going to be here in a few weeks. LOL - I've got so much to get done first! Now it doesn't seem like there is going to be enough time to get everything finished to get the place ready before he gets here!

So use your time to plan for when she gets here. get your life organized! There is nothing easy about the wait - Hang in there and keep busy! May god bless you with a speedy and successful visa journey!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The name Analie sends chills up my spine. That is the name of my ex who betrayed and used me or gc. Maybe you will have better luck. My ex is still in Redwood City. Hope your Anale isn't from Zamboanga City area and has the last name Wines. Good luck.

Thanks but I'm. It worried about mine, she is not the same Analie,......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The previous messages were great. My fiance and I haven't filed yet due to his schooling. We are waiting to it gets closer to his completion time frame. However, what do you do when they are so busy with their job, church activities, and schooling and you seem to see the communication level is dwindling slightly? (Plus the time difference) He is trying, but it still is seeming to not be enough for your emotional connection to sustain. Also, it has become harder for him to skype you because buying the internet minutes is becoming a financial burden on him. You on the other hand have completed your degrees, your job is time consuming, but not that time consuming and you are busying yourself, but it is still hard to focus on anything else but them and our situation AND you're in a location with no friends or family.

*I know I need to pray more and possibly even fast for more patience.* Any scriptures of reference to this situation is welcomed.

What else would you recommend to keep the relationship fresh and try to stimulate the conversation back to the point where it was like a complete meal, satisfying....

-Met in Ghana August 2011

-Went back to Ghana April 2012

-Went back to Ghana December 2012

-Married to the man God created just for me on January 4th, 2013.

-Filed the CR-1 in February 2013

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Petition APPROVED January 2014 (*Took 10 Months 19 Calendar Days)

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Approved Interview May 2014

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Timeline

Thanks but I'm. It worried about mine, she is not the same Analie,......

Good for you. I hope you have better luck than I did, hahaha... She did me a favor by leaving as she was materialistic, immature, selfish and a real bi_tch! I am much more happier now with Jovilyn. Just keep your eyes wide open. Good luck.

Edited by RickJovi

Here was my way of dealing with it.

I threw everything to the wind in regards to my

life back in California and took 2 suitcases

to Heathrow. Not the wisest route to follow

though but definetely the most impulsive!

I'm trying to sit back and see how it all pans

out or if my darned astrological sign drove me

to dive head first into an empty swimming pole.

To be continued ...

25 points to the first person who can guess my sign :yes:

Is it Aries? I guess this because I am one too XD :devil:

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

The previous messages were great. My fiance and I haven't filed yet due to his schooling. We are waiting to it gets closer to his completion time frame. However, what do you do when they are so busy with their job, church activities, and schooling and you seem to see the communication level is dwindling slightly? (Plus the time difference) He is trying, but it still is seeming to not be enough for your emotional connection to sustain. Also, it has become harder for him to skype you because buying the internet minutes is becoming a financial burden on him. You on the other hand have completed your degrees, your job is time consuming, but not that time consuming and you are busying yourself, but it is still hard to focus on anything else but them and our situation AND you're in a location with no friends or family.

*I know I need to pray more and possibly even fast for more patience.* Any scriptures of reference to this situation is welcomed.

What else would you recommend to keep the relationship fresh and try to stimulate the conversation back to the point where it was like a complete meal, satisfying....

It does get very difficult with the time difference. Maybe try picking a date night where u pick a day each week to meet up on skype for a "date". That way you could make the most of the internet minutes and it would give u something to look forward to. My fiance and I skype and message a bit everyday, but we pick one of the weekend days to meet up for our "date" and we spend the day together on skype.

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is it Aries? I guess this because I am one too XD :devil:

Close! I'm a Gemini ... so is the husband :devil:

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Timeline

theres really no easy way, and theres nothing anyone can say that will ease or make you feel better. everyday youll miss her more and more and it can drive you nuts. atleast theres skype and all the hitechnology now adays. keep ourselves busy, live a normal routine that you can spend time together online as you used to do and soon enough eventually you'll be together in few months. thats should be your motivation...goodluck

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

yes it sux. but you can try visiting her again few months after sending the petition if you afford it. my (then) fiance visited me in july. i got my noa2 3 days after he left. so it was wayyyyyyyyy easier

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.