Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi There, Can anyone help me asap?! I've only been a us citizen for the last 5 years and started the 1-130 petition back in January 2011. We are from Canada. I have a husband and children, However, I don't have any concrete education past highschool to land a good enough job. We've paid for the Visas, but I have to prove "domicile" and send us taxes. I'm here in the us, problem to register children in schools they have to be living here. They don't need to have status to register, but I think Canadians can stay for 6 months? We've already done so much of this process. It's hard to find a job in the first place , and then in a new place where no one knows you and most jobs you need degrees. Other problem I have, where we live in canada is housing for families, so I can't leave my husband there alone really past two months.

Can anyone give me any sound advice. I am desperate

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you gotten a state drivers license and car insurance ?

US medical insurance listing the family?

Bank account in the state thats joint or just yours?

Signed up for voting in your state?

Apartment lease / rental agreement?

You could try getting a volunteer job and then have them write a letter stating you work for them? ( you would need a co-sponsor if you do not meet the income requirements )

Apply for all jobs including McDonalds etc! The job you have does not matter what it is just that you have a job and can show the support on your own for the immigrants or with a co-sponsor.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.