Removed-02242014

Finances and Such ... Philippines

68 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Woooo good timing on this topic.. We had a knockdown drag out on this money topic. All is well now and we love each other the more we learn and openly discuss items. My fiancee works and earns. She did take a little bit less paying job in March so I told her I would send her $50 a month to help cover her internet and food. She really only needs about 25 5o offset her wage difference but I cannot send less than $50 unless someone knows a different route versus Xoom or WU???

She is oldest and now gives her parents 500-1000p monthly.. I am okay with this and will always budget the $50 to send there even when she is here. I have learned to always make, really anyone but Filipinos in generel believe 1000p or 20 dollars is alot of money.. And with family 5000p at Xmas is enough as it is more than double what they would have been able to celebrate with. Now if I hit the lottery or get back to my 2010 wages then we can afford to do more but still not spoil. I explained to my fiancee that we need to put back money here in reserve for her parents medical and for her (my fiancee) to have airfare in the event her folks get sick or worse. Now her parents are not old so we have time,,,, but one never knows.

We do openly discuss budgets. She has viewed my budget and understands. We have even discussed HER saving as she wants a baby. I am 46 and raised my son's but will go along with her wishes as I love her. Cheapest to do invetro is in Vietnam as I had vasectomy (how did we get off topic lol) so she needs to work and save $5000 for this.. Covers it all even airfare....

As for shopping. GoodWill has great deals on name brands. My buddies filipina wife loves to shop there..

Okay we have now covered BBQ which I love and vascetomys lol... I pity the nice man that started this post lol....

www.remithome.com Any questions you know I'm on skype 23 hours a day ;) Mr Pangga

5 OCT 2011 Meet on a Free Christian Website www.jaderune.com
19 OCT 2011 Agree to be exclusive GF & BF after seeing her CENOMAR
10 NOV 2011 He Purchased Round Trip Ticket to Meet Me and Family.
7 to 27 FEB 2012 We Meet and Spent 21 Wonderful Days in Bohol.
26 FEB 2012 Engagement.
12 MAR 2012 I-129F Mailed to Dallas, TX Lock Box.
19 MAR 2012 USCIS email NOA1 and sent to California Service Center.
22 MAR 2012 NOA1 Letter I-797C received from snail mail.
20 APR 2012 Another NOA1 Letter I-797C this time with Alien # Added.
15 AUG 2012 She travels to Cebu an Obtained: NSO, NBI, BC and CFO Seminar Certificate in hand.
28 AUG 2012 NOA#2 I-797, received text and confirmed on dashboard. 162 days from NOA#1.
28 AUG 2012 FEDEX my packet to Her. Added I-134, Newly dated Intent to Marry Letter.
4 SEP 2012 FEDEX received in Bohol.
5 SEP 2012 MNL#, IIN# and BID# all retrieved from NVC.
6 SEP 2012 BPI payment made.
26 SEP 2012 St Lukes Medical PASSED smile.png
9 NOV 2012 Embassy Interview Date: Result = APPROAVED
15 NOV 2012 2GO Visa Delivered

22 NOV 2012 Point of Entry, Detroit, Michigan USA

28 NOV 2012 Marriage License

7 DEC Applied SSN, 17 DEC recieved SS Card

29 DEC Married

Adjustment of Status filed in Mid MAR 2013

AOS has 3 each NOA1 recieved

Biometrics was done mid April 2013.

SS Card changed to Married Name with Madien Name now middle name.

EAD / AP combo-card approved 18 MAY 2013.

AOS Interview was 28 MAY 2013, Approved.

Green Card with EAD/AP recieved 15 June 2013.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's emotional blackmail. Then the wife feels hurt, because after all that, there is nothing more than an acknowledgement that the money has been received. No thanks. No promise not to let it happen again.

This is the rule for emotional blackmailers: never show gratitude because that would imply they are indebted to you. The blackmailer must keep the mark in a perpetual state of obligation. If you gave money to one person - then you are a bad man because you did not give to everyone else, which is unfair. With practice, you learn how to make people feel bad no matter what they do.

You hear a lot of people say that many Filipinos think money grows on trees here. That isn't true. They aren't idiots. It is the evil rationalization they use to justify the demand that you hand over money, just like a bank robber who says the bank didn't do anything to earn the money. They want to justify theft so that's what they say. It can't be explained to them that people have to work for money. They already know. Admitting that means admitting their own bad character, which is something they won't do.

Good people can become corrupted by becoming wards, but it can be fixed too if you handle it right. Like saying "no". :D

Obviously, these people here are talking about their own bad experiences with their future brides and/or wives. Too bad you found a woman who can't stand on her own 2 feet. We don't care if they suck truckloads of your money, but you don't point fingers to Filipinos because we're not them! Do you think all Filipinos are so poor and leeches?

Filed: Timeline

Do you think all Filipinos are so poor and leeches?

Pretty much. So does the US Embassy in Manila:

j. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. You must be prepared to prove to the consular officer

that you have a genuine relationship with your petitioner and a clear intention to marry within 90 days of

admission into the U.S. In the past, successful applicants have submitted photographs, letters, e-mails,

phone records, bank records, and remittance records as evidence supporting their relationships and intent to

marry.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_005.pdf

Topic closed for review. There seems to be a fair amount of baiting and attacks here (against individuals and groups). Degrading statements, bait posts, and personal attacks are all TOS violations. The topic will remain closed if TOS violations have derailed the topic or become the main focus.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.