Removed-02242014

Finances and Such ... Philippines

68 posts in this topic

Or the car she was driving maybe not hers. :-)

You guys are too optimistic about this. This "woman" I was talking about could have been a hypothetical example for all you know. The point is THIS STUFF HAPPENS, and no, there is no justification in it, at all. You know what else she could have done, hypothetically speaking? She could have bought the stamps off of someone. This is called crime the same as the misrepresentation one might go through to obtain the stamps on their own. Sorry, judging for the better is no different than judging for the worse.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Don't be too quick to judge. You wouldn't know if it's for herself or plans to give it away to people who lives in the streets. Who knows? As long as you don't know the person, you can leave your judgment to your self. And hey, wherever your money goes, aren't you happy you can help?

And please, don't tell me how I should feel about something I know about. I can make my judgement out in the open all I want. You know why? This is politics, and US politics for that matter. I get that freedom to make judgements on how my money is used. What I can't do is tell another person from another country how they should think and/or feel about their government welfare systems and/or corruption no matter how much I might know about it.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

I am not trying to judge. Please, don't get me wrong. I don't know if you understand how food stamps work, but normally, people who can afford to buy a Mercedes would not qualify. That was the point. If she plans on giving food to the homeless out of charity, she should do it on her own dime. Using US citizens' tax dollars to feed self or others is not charity. Now, about those people on the streets. This is where logic comes in. People with enough money, no food stamps. People on the streets, food stamps. No, I care about "wherever" my money goes. If I want to contribute to charity, I will. That is what makes it charity. I have no say in what the government does with my money. I am not against welfare at all. I am against people whom don't need it and take it the same way I am against people whom would enter my home and decide what they would like from me.

I believe you do have a say in what your government does with your money.

#1 VOTE

#2 RUN FOR OFFICE

#3 Contribute to a candidate you agree with.

#4 Volunteer for a group or candidate with the same opinion as yours.

#5 Post on the internet like you are doing here.

There are many other ways to have a say in what your government does. These are just a few.

:ot2:

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

I believe you do have a say in what your government does with your money.

#1 VOTE

#2 RUN FOR OFFICE

#3 Contribute to a candidate you agree with.

#4 Volunteer for a group or candidate with the same opinion as yours.

#5 Post on the internet like you are doing here.

There are many other ways to have a say in what your government does. These are just a few.

:ot2:

Okay, maybe I should have been more specific. I have no say in what money the government takes from me to use for their purposes. The context in which this was pulled out was to make the point in the difference between charity and taxes. I knew the one post would open a can of worms. I just don't need rebuttal from those whom don't understand the details :ot2: ...you were saying? :yes:

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't generalize Filipinos. There are just those who are capable of spending money for extravagant things, it is because they strive hard to earn their degrees and work hard for it everyday. It's definitely not for everyone. Filipino cares for the brand names only? Not true. I have a specific favorite Coach bag that i often wore. I have had it for almost 3 years now and it's still as good as new. And as for Levi's, if you tell me it's not of good quality, you'd be fooling yourself. Just sayin'.

At least ☼ got what I was trying to say. Do u realize that your coach bag is a brand name? I will admit that some work hard. Their days are usually 10 hours and working 6 days a week. Some will work weeks straight before a day off for p35/hr. I was saying that someone was making counterfit Levi's. It wasnt from the actual distributer.

Filed: Timeline

Actually, they do plan ahead, and this was something very important my 19 year old had to agree with me about or else I wouldn't marry her.

When the electric bill arrived, knowing that it would be shut off in 30 days without payment, her mom instantly thought "I'll wait until the day it is about to be shut off and then tell him about the emergency". Every day for 30 days the bill is concealed from me while non-essential requests are made of me. It is important to ask for them instead of revealing the electric bill being due, because if we tell him about the electric bill, he will pay that instead of the non-essentials. If we play this cruel trick on him and make it look like it is his fault the electricity is shut off, then we get both the non-essentials and the electric bill paid for.

She was either going to agree with me about how calculated and cruel this was, or I was out of there like I had JATO rocket boosters strapped on. Each of her little tricks was played just once on me: like borrowing money behind my back to spend on frivolous things and then springing the "emergency" of debt being due. I went back to the moment of borrowing and discussed the planning involved: I'll conceal this from him so I can spend frivolously, and spring it on him like a vicious predator pouncing on a stupid rabbit later.

All predators camoflage their true nature. This kind of behavior is played like they are innocent victims, hapless infantile boobs that can't plan - but the fact is their planning is actually very cunning and without mercy. She was honest about this, and had to admit some hard things about the people she loved most. But the result was we have great relations with the family and none of this ####### has been played on me for years. She had an aunt supporting the family from Japan who allowed this kind of behavior, pissing away tragic amounts of income with nothing to show for it. The father had not worked for two years when I met her. But now he's been working for four years straight and none of this kind of thing happens any more. The Aunt had facilitated bad behavior, so that was the result. It wasn't bad planning or failure to plan so much as it was cunning and cruel planning on how to set ambushes to manipulate others into paying your way.

Enjoy Glacier Bay Tahoma. Pretty neat place. We don't get to the deep South much. Hard to understand their accents down there. :D

Yep. There is this one. Mom borrows from my wife's aunt, and then when the aunt is expecting payment, mom tells her to ask my wife for the money. The problem is, I haven't seen anything her family tries to get money out of my wife, that I haven't already seen first tried by someone here in the US several times already. So, even though I explain what is happening, she still feels the obligation to pay the money. It's emotional blackmail. Then the wife feels hurt, because after all that, there is nothing more than an acknowledgement that the money has been received. No thanks. No promise not to let it happen again.

She cut off a niece that constantly pesters her for money, and of course, mom intervened on niece's behalf, and now, she feels she is obligated to take care of the niece's needs for the next year. It's screwed up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At least ☼ got what I was trying to say. Do u realize that your coach bag is a brand name? I will admit that some work hard. Their days are usually 10 hours and working 6 days a week. Some will work weeks straight before a day off for p35/hr. I was saying that someone was making counterfit Levi's. It wasnt from the actual distributer.

LOL of course i know Coach is a brand name, silly! That's why i am making a statement that it's not true that we only go for brand names but for quality, too! :rofl::bonk::ot2:

Timeline

And please, don't tell me how I should feel about something I know about. I can make my judgement out in the open all I want. You know why? This is politics, and US politics for that matter. I get that freedom to make judgements on how my money is used. What I can't do is tell another person from another country how they should think and/or feel about their government welfare systems and/or corruption no matter how much I might know about it.

The more you give, the more blessing you will receive without asking. So, stop worrying about it! There are people who contributes more in their society other than paying taxes, and yet, you won't hear a thing from them. :whistle:

Timeline

I am not trying to judge. Please, don't get me wrong. I don't know if you understand how food stamps work, but normally, people who can afford to buy a Mercedes would not qualify. That was the point. If she plans on giving food to the homeless out of charity, she should do it on her own dime. Using US citizens' tax dollars to feed self or others is not charity. Now, about those people on the streets. This is where logic comes in. People with enough money, no food stamps. People on the streets, food stamps. No, I care about "wherever" my money goes. If I want to contribute to charity, I will. That is what makes it charity. I have no say in what the government does with my money. I am not against welfare at all. I am against people whom don't need it and take it the same way I am against people whom would enter my home and decide what they would like from me.

Okay. :unsure:

The more you give, the more blessing you will receive without asking. So, stop worrying about it! There are people who contributes more in their society other than paying taxes, and yet, you won't hear a thing from them. :whistle:

You're not getting it, and neither are your +1s apparently. This had nothing to do with what people want to contribute. Nevermind. :huh:

Okay. :unsure:

Exactly.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

This is absolutely nothing personal. While i am aware of everything that's going on in my country, I don't approve of people blaming everything to the government. I see people rallying everywhere, instead of thinking anyway they possibly can to help themselves better. It's annoying to watch. Wherever you go, there are corrupt officials. There will be people abusing the system like what you were saying. It's just a matter of how you view things in your own perspective and act accordingly. If you want to help, help in any way you can. If your neighbor doesn't have anything to eat or someone who's sick and needs help, you can, if you are capable.

I understand everything that you are saying, we just don't share the same point of view, that's all.:)

Timeline

And back to the topic, I still stand to what i believe in, that if one is capable of getting what she wants expensive or not, it's okay if she has her own money. My business is about selling branded stuff from the US, so i can't make any contradictions. Lol

Let's just respect each person's individuality.

This is absolutely nothing personal. While i am aware of everything that's going on in my country, I don't approve of people blaming everything to the government. I see people rallying everywhere, instead of thinking anyway they possibly can to help themselves better. It's annoying to watch. Wherever you go, there are corrupt officials. There will be people abusing the system like what you were saying. It's just a matter of how you view things in your own perspective and act accordingly. If you want to help, help in any way you can. If your neighbor doesn't have anything to eat or someone who's sick and needs help, you can, if you are capable.

I understand everything that you are saying, we just don't share the same point of view, that's all.:)

Actually, from what you are stating here, we do share the same point of view. My original and only point was that government welfare is not an entitlement. It is not for the corrupt to misuse. It is not for the under qualifying, and it is not for sale to be used for others. This is not a point of view. Charity is wonderful, and I support helping others. I do it for a living. It has nothing to do with the abuse and/or unlawful attainment of government assistance though. Nothing personal taken. Just construing that which was misconstrued. God bless.

And back to the topic, I still stand to what i believe in, that if one is capable of getting what she wants expensive or not, it's okay if she has her own money. My business is about selling branded stuff from the US, so i can't make any contradictions. Lol

Let's just respect each person's individuality.

:thumbs: Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
10/10/12-NOA2 text

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is the basis of the CON.... and a bunch of BS. The more your give the more they expect you to give next time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.