I AM NOT THAT GUY

Obama Accused of Abandoning Pakistani Doctor

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Obama accused of abandoning Pakistani doctor who led Navy SEALs to bin Laden... as U.S. withdraws MILLIONS in aid to Pakistan in protest at his jail sentence

• Dr Shakil Afridi led Navy SEALS to bin Laden by setting up fake vaccination programme that allowed him to take DNA samples from terrorist's children
  • Ex-intelligence officials say White House didn't do enough to secure Dr Afridi's freedom
  • Western officials say sentencing in Islamabad is punishment for humiliating Pakistan, who claims to not know al-Qaeda boss was living in Abottabad
  • Rep Peter King says that Obama administration identified the doctor to Pakistani government officials, prompting his 33-year treason sentence

Several former intelligence officials are accusing the White House of failing to act in the case of a Paksitani doctor who faces 33 years behind bars despite leading the U.S. to Osama bin Laden.

Outcry has erupted against the Obama administration since Dr Shakil Afridi's sentence on Tuesday, which was seen as punishment for humiliating Pakistan for apparently not knowing the al-Qaeda leader was living comfortably within its boundaries.

Dr Afridi was arrested days after the Navy SEAL raid on bin Laden’s compound.

Peter Brookes, a former intelligence analyst and adviser, said the U.S. should have had a plan in place to get him out of Pakistan before his arrest.

Mr Brookes told FoxNews.com: 'You probably wouldn't want to have tipped him off ahead of time, but maybe the day right afterward you would have wanted to have helped him leave Pakistan - and the same with anybody else who was working with us.'

While the State Department claims it is in talks with Pakistan in the Afridi case, another ex-intelligence official says they’re not doing enough, if anything.

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer told Fox News: 'From what I'm hearing, we did pretty much nothing.'

'We did nothing diplomatically at all, didn't raise a finger. ... From what my sources tell me, we did nothing to try and help this guy.'

On Wednesday, Rep Peter King, the New York congressman who leads the House Homeland Security Committee, pointed to the White House for 'outing' Dr Afridi to Pakistani authorities.

'They put him out there,' Mr King said in light of the doctor's prison sentence for treason by the Pakistani government.

'This has been handled very poorly right from the time of the raid,' Mr King told Fox News. 'They disclosed his identity.'

Meanwhile, a Senate panel expressed its outrage Thursday over Pakistan's conviction of Dr Afridi by cutting aid to Islamabad by $33million - $1million for every year of the physician's 33-year sentence for high treason.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149619/Shakil-Afridi-Obama-accused-abandoning-Pakistani-doctor-led-Navy-SEALs-bin-Laden.html#ixzz1vtPyiDAE

Obviously Obummer was too busy dealing with the Trayvon Martin case along with his Dream Act and homosexual marriage. Helping out this individual who put his life on the line in order to protect American lives was down on the list of Obummer's "list of things to do".

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Obviously Obummer was too busy dealing with the Trayvon Martin case along with his Dream Act and homosexual marriage. Helping out this individual who put his life on the line in order to protect American lives was down on the list of Obummer's "list of things to do".

I didn't realize Obama was involved in the Trayvon case. This is not the first time you've mentioned it. Other than his initial comment (made only because he was specifically asked) about the need to investigate this situation fully, what else has he done to get involved? Source, please. :)

(I know you won't respond to this with any actual fact or logic, but I still feel compelled to ask. It's a sickness.)

Edited by Evylin

I didn't realize Obama was involved in the Trayvon case. This is not the first time you've mentioned it. Other than his initial comment (made only because he was specifically asked) about the need to investigate this situation fully, what else has he done to get involved? Source, please. :)

(I know you won't respond to this with any actual fact or logic, but I still feel compelled to ask. It's a sickness.)

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=eric+holder+trayvon+martin&oq=eric+holder+tray&aq=0&aqi=g2g-b1&aql=&gs_l=hp.1.0.0l2j0i8.4115.7391.2.11092.7.6.1.0.0.0.1171.5503.5-1j3j2.6.0...0.0.HqtGdKy5tsc&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1ad06d705a32cd93&biw=1440&bih=775 <----- Do you know who Eric Holder is and who is boss is? Do you know why the state of Florida decided to prosecute that case when it had already been dropped and forgotten? Do you know what "google search" is?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The problem with Pakistan is that it still is one of the United States' most important allies. While I salute Dr. Afridi for what he did and think his sentence is an outrage, what can Obama really do except cut funding?

The Pakistani military is really the frontline against the Taliban, and while NATO is doing a great job in Afghanistan, no country has really done more in the last decade to crush the Taliban than Pakistan has.

Now, imagine the Pakistani air force carrying out unauthorized drone attacks against fanatical groups within the US, and their military carrying out secret raids inside the US.. It wouldn't exactly go well with the American public. If a dozen US soldiers were killed in the process once in a while too all hell would break loose. This is Pakistan's problem. Their leadership needs to maintain ties with the US for their own survival (and the good of the world), yet their population is largely critical of this. It wouldn't take much for a complete destabilization of the country. Pakistan is a highly unstable country politically, it's a nuclear power, and their government is fighting the Taliban against a large percentage of their own population's will. While showing their own population they won't be pushed around, they still need to keep their highly unpopular alliance with the US as healthy as possible to receive funding, maintain a strong stance against India and to fight the Taliban.

While I think this sentence is completely outrageous, and that the guy should have been smuggled out of Pakistan immediately after the raid, the situation isn't as easy as "cut all funding", criticize them to death and break ties.

Edited by jaejayC

The problem with Pakistan is that it still is one of the United States' most important allies. While I salute Dr. Afridi for what he did and think his sentence is an outrage, what can Obama really do except cut funding?

The Pakistani military is really the frontline against the Taliban, and while NATO is doing a great job in Afghanistan, no country has really done more in the last decade to crush the Taliban than Pakistan has.

Now, imagine the Pakistani air force carrying out unauthorized drone attacks against fanatical groups within the US, and their military carrying out secret raids inside the US.. It wouldn't exactly go well with the American public.

Pakistan is a highly unstable country politically, it's a nuclear power, and their government is fighting the Taliban against a large percentage of their own population's will. Likewise, they need to keep their highly unpopular alliance with the US as healthy as possible to receive funding, maintain a strong stance against India and to fight the Taliban.

While I think this sentence is completely outrageous, and that the guy should have been smuggled out of Pakistan immediately after the raid, the situation isn't as easy as "cut their funding" and break ties.

How did the Pakistani government learn of this doctors involvement with the US?

sigbet.jpg

How did the Pakistani government learn of this doctors involvement with the US?

Leon Panetta mentioned in a public news briefing that we found Bin Ladin by tracking his DNA to where he was staying. The Pakistanis arrested every medical personnel in the area, and by process of elimination and interrogation, narrowed it down to Afridi.

So Eric Holder (and Obama, by association) is the only reason Zimmerman was charged? Thanks for the education. Now if only I could find proof to back it up ... nah, I'll just spout it as fact and hope people don't question me.

Don't take offense, but seriously how do you manage to log onto the internet? Your the only one in P&R that's completely clueless on the Zimmerman - Martin case yet continues to post about it. It's like you woke up one morning, read a few headlines on the case and all of a sudden decided to post on it.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

The doc is a traitor, he should be executed.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Don't take offense, but seriously how do you manage to log onto the internet? Your the only one in P&R that's completely clueless on the Zimmerman - Martin case yet continues to post about it. It's like you woke up one morning, read a few headlines on the case and all of a sudden decided to post on it.

Aww, your little attempt at calling me stupid/ignorant again! It's been a few days and I'd missed it.

If you can give me two things I've posted about Zimmerman/Martin that are 100% known to be incorrect (not just in your opinion) then I'll stop posting about it. Deal?

Edited by Evylin

Leon Panetta mentioned in a public news briefing that we found Bin Ladin by tracking his DNA to where he was staying. The Pakistanis arrested every medical personnel in the area, and by process of elimination and interrogation, narrowed it down to Afridi.

I can only guess what those doctors went through before they narrowed it down to Afridi.

Aww, your little attempt at calling me stupid/ignorant again! It's been a few days and I'd missed it.

If you can give me two things I've posted about Zimmerman/Martin that are 100% known to be incorrect (not just in your opinion) then I'll stop posting about it. Deal?

Girl%20Playing%20In%20Sandbox.jpg

sigbet.jpg

No deal, then? Too bad. Considering how ignorant I apparently am about that case, that should have been an easy project. Oh well. :)