Ouarda<3

Morocco Consulate

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Okay. To satisfy my curiosity; if the OP and his lady communicate both in English and Arabic, in which language will the interview be done?

Whichever is the primary.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

If you don't know about the Casablanca consulate you should not give this advice. It is a difficult and highly scrutinizing consulate, where ability to communicate in a common language is tested via the language in which the interview is conducted. People at the Casa consulate have been told if they communicate with their fiancé spouse in English then that is the language they need to speak during the interview. If this is the case for op, it is better they are prepared & don't go into the interview thinking she can do interview in Arabic or Darija or French and be unprepared for an interview in English.

:thumbs:

This cannot be repeated enough. A lot of peeps show up in these threads, trying to dole out what they may think is helpful advice or pertinent comments (or just want a chance to snark,) but they know little or nothing about the consulate (or the society) that they are commenting on.

The Morocco consulate thread is not a place for Casa-n00bs.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If the shared language is not Arabic, English, or French, then the interview will most likely be in Arabic. At least that's what happened in our case.

If the shared language is not Arabic, English, or French, then the interview will most likely be in Arabic. At least that's what happened in our case.

Who knows. My guess would be it would be in English then.

Hmm okay. Thanks

This cannot be repeated enough. A lot of peeps show up in these threads, trying to dole out what they may think is helpful advice or pertinent comments (or just want a chance to snark,) but they know little or nothing about the consulate (or the society) that they are commenting on.

The Morocco consulate thread is not a place for Casa-n00bs.

Careful, you may come off as one of those n00bs that like to be snarky little bastards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Careful, you may come off as one of those n00bs that like to be snarky little bastards.

Only if someone were to be completely unobservant and lack reading comprehension.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hmm okay. Thanks

It seems you felt stung by my comment - but it was not directed specifically at you. It's just the truth.

MENA consulates, and especially Casa, are not like most others. What may seem like obvious or reasonable advice to those unfamiliar with the MENA consulates may be the worst advice possible to someone processing through Casa. The most helpful information in this thread has come from the MENA vets. That's all we're saying - to know what you're talking about and what you're dealing with before you offer advice.

MENA rubbernecking is a time-honored pastime at VJ and we are used to "visitors" chiming in here. But don't get butt-hurt if someone with actual experience with this particular consulate points out that your advice is erroneous or even potentially disastrous to the couple seeking help. That's why we're here - to help people.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Not stung at all. You just appeared to reprimand a particular behaviour only to, in the same breath, be guilty of said bad actions.

It seems you felt stung by my comment - but it was not directed specifically at you. It's just the truth.

MENA consulates, and especially Casa, are not like most others. What may seem like obvious or reasonable advice to those unfamiliar with the MENA consulates may be the worst advice possible to someone processing through Casa. The most helpful information in this thread has come from the MENA vets. That's all we're saying - to know what you're talking about and what you're dealing with before you offer advice.

MENA rubbernecking is a time-honored pastime at VJ and we are used to "visitors" chiming in here. But don't get butt-hurt if someone with actual experience with this particular consulate points out that your advice is erroneous or even potentially disastrous to the couple seeking help. That's why we're here - to help people.

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You just appeared to reprimand a particular behaviour only to, in the same breath, be guilty of said bad actions.

How so? I didn't see that at all.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't think the distinction is in level of snark, it's that WoM has been around the MENA forum for years and knows what's going on at Casa. Her advice, whether interpreted as snarky or not, is valuable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Perception I guess and the connotation attached to some words. I may say 'venomous' and you say 'if the shoe fits'.

and i say knock it off and get back to topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you so much guys!!!

unfortunatly guys and gals of VJ... I do not speak arabic and she will do the interview in English ... she sometimes mixes up words from french and english sooo the last question i would have for all of you would be...If she doesn't understand the question you think she can ask the CO to repeat it in french? and of course she would answer in english.. or would they think there is a communication barrier and we would get sent back to usics

Edited by Ouarda<3

Sent: Feb 21st

NOA1: Feb 24th

RFE: Jul 17th

RFE Reply: Jul 26th

NOA2: Jul 31st

NVC Received: August 7th

NVC Sent: August 10th

The wait is long, my dream of you does not end

Frghm5.png

Thank you so much guys!!!

unfortunatly guys and gals of VJ... I do not speak arabic and she will do the interview in English ... she sometimes mixes up words from french and english sooo the last question i would have for all of you would be...If she doesn't understand the question you think she can ask the CO to repeat it in french? and of course she would answer in english.. or would they think there is a communication barrier and we would get sent back to usics

She absolutely can ask the CO to repeat it in French, but it may not be the best thing to do. Asking the CO to repeat it more slowly in English, or to ask it another way (with different English phrasing) may be better - unless you know some French, and you're able to repeat things in French that she doesn't understand. Whatever way you guys communicate is the best way for her to do the interview. So, if you're able to speak some French and speak French when she doesn't understand English, then fine for her to ask that in interview and explain that is how you communicate. But, if you just ask the question in English differently or slower when she doesn't understand you, then that's the best way to do the interview.

Edited by msheesha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.