sonineni

can i enter the usa again

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Iam age of 23 now...

I visited the usa on visiting visa at the age of 22..they put on many questions to me at the immigration counter...

They asked me that whether i came for working...i said no to them..and i came for visiting my cousin...

they have given me 2months visa..after of all the interagation done to me and who came to pick up me outside..

Now i married green card holder..and he is in the process of naturalisation...

He filed the visa for me (spouse of gc)I130..he will adjust my status to citizen wife after becoming usa citizen.

I have multiple visiting visa..Now iam stdying masters in my home country...Can i enter the usa again showing the study certificate telling them i will go back...i want to visit him...I am missing him so much...I130 process is very long time for me...to stay with him..so can i enter usa again?

Plz respond quickly...

US consulate :Bombay.
29th January 2012:marriage
9th April 2012: i130 sent.
17th April 2012: NOA1 received...
13th December 2012:NOA2 received......
08th January 2013: Case number assigned by NVC
08th January 2013: paid AOS and IV bills.
28th January 2013: Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC..
20th February 2013: NVC sent checklist about our PCC ....
25th February 2013: We responded to checklist.
26th February 2013:Case completed....
4rth April 2013: Interview date...
Interview result: Approved

06th June 2013 : Reached USA

29th june 2013: Received conditional greencard...

14th March 2015: I-751 package sent to VSC.

18th March 2015: USPS delivered my package.

22 nd September: Approved for Permanent Residence Card.

25th July: NOA1 for N-400.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 fiance visa to Tourist visa forum ***

You can certainly try, but having a husband in the USA who will soon be a citizen may go against you.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I've entered the US 3 times on the VWP since I got married with no problems what so ever. The first time I entered they asked who I was visiting, I said wife. CBP officer just asked me where she was, I said Los Angeles, no further questions. Second time they never asked who I was visiting, only how long. The third time I actually entered with my wife, and they still didn't seem to care. Only questions I got was if I had ESTA and if I planned to go back. If you have a valid B-2 visa you could certainly try. Maybe I've just been lucky, but if you didn't overstay your last visit, and you have a record of sticking to the rules you may have a shot. No guarantees.

Btw, you won't be getting a K-3 visa. It doesn't exist anymore. The CR-1 is what you'll eventually be applying for.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you can visit, but border is going to make sure that you intend on returning to your country. You need to bring documents proving this.

I visited during the process and I brought a letter from my employer stating how long I had been there, my vacation time ( dates ) and that I was expected back to work on xx date.

I brought bank statements showing my mortgage payments and utility bills to show they were still current. ( a rental lease agreement works here too )

I had a return ticket.

I had court documents showing that my ex had the kids and the date in which he was to return them to me.

I think I had some more but I tried to cover every base to prove that I had to many responsibilites that I couldnt walk away from, that i had to return to my country on this date. Yes at border I had long chats, but i was honest.

~~~ Hes the chance Im taking ~~~

April 2007 - Met online

Oct. 2008 - He came to Canada to meet me

Dec 25 2009 officially engaged

March 2010 - sent off I-129F

March 27 2010 - Vermont receives package :)

April 3 2010 - Informed through mail that cheque is cashed NOA1

May 28 2010 - RFE notification ( yeah Im online checking alot >.< )

June 5 2010 - RFE hardcopy received

June 18 2010 - RFE returned ( had done it June 7 - but USPS returned grrrr )

--- case says we should hear from them in 60 days from June 18 ---

June 23 - Touched

Aug4 - Email notification of NoA2 :)

Aug. 10 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

Sept. 13 - Faxed off Package 3

Sept 14 - Interview notification set for Oct. 5

Oct. 5 2010 Interview Passed

March 17 2011 POE Canadian/US border

April 1 2011 Marriage

Mailed AOS June 1

Chicago Lockbox confirms delivery June 3

Check cashed through bank - notification June 9

Timeline

thanku jaejayc...

can u tell me the year enter into usa and the airport...

Lastyear in may i entered usa and IAD,washington dc.My copassenger was sent back to India by proving that she told lie...she is married and came on visiting ...she told that she did not married....The person who came to pick her told that she is married.

I've entered the US 3 times on the VWP since I got married with no problems what so ever. The first time I entered they asked who I was visiting, I said wife. CBP officer just asked me where she was, I said Los Angeles, no further questions. Second time they never asked who I was visiting, only how long. The third time I actually entered with my wife, and they still didn't seem to care. Only questions I got was if I had ESTA and if I planned to go back. If you have a valid B-2 visa you could certainly try. Maybe I've just been lucky, but if you didn't overstay your last visit, and you have a record of sticking to the rules you may have a shot. No guarantees.

Btw, you won't be getting a K-3 visa. It doesn't exist anymore. The CR-1 is what you'll eventually be applying for.

Timeline

plz reply jaejayc.

Timeline

thank u all

thank u all

thanku jaejayc...can u tell me the year enter into usa and the airport...Lastyear in may i entered usa and IAD,washington dc.My copassenger was sent back to India by proving that she told lie...she is married and came on visiting ...she told that she did not married....The person who came to pick her told that she is married.

Since I got married, the first entry was last September at IAD, second time was 2 weeks ago at Newark, then I re-entered last week at Vancouver after a short visit to Canada.

Never, ever, ever lie to them. Your friend is probably barred from entering the US for a very long time (at least 10 years). You don't have to volunteer any information, but if asked, you cannot lie.

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

thank u jaejayc....

Since I got married, the first entry was last September at IAD, second time was 2 weeks ago at Newark, then I re-entered last week at Vancouver after a short visit to Canada.

Never, ever, ever lie to them. Your friend is probably barred from entering the US for a very long time (at least 10 years). You don't have to volunteer any information, but if asked, you cannot lie.

Timeline

Hello jaejayc,

How long period visa given to u to stay ,in last september .

Recently how long period visa was given to u...

Thanks ...

Well I was on the VWP which is a little different from B-2. I got 90 days at IAD last September which is the standard (and max) for VWP. In May at Newark I got 90 days, and at Vancouver I got 82 days because I'd already been 8 days in the US.. They don't give you an additional 90 if you return from Canada, just 90 minus the days already spent since first entry.

Entry on the VWP though falls in large under the same requirements as for B-2 so I know first hand that it's fully possible to enter as a tourist with an immigrant petition pending.

Edited by jaejayC

The most important thing is that you don't lie to them. You don't have to disclose anything if they don't ask. But if they ask, you have to answer truthfully.

For example, when I entered at Newark, I was never asked who I was visiting, just how long I was staying. When I entered at Vancouver they specifically asked how my wife and I were related so I told them we were married.

I understand the frustration, you can't know until you're there, and there's no guarantee they'll let you in. Think of it this way. If they don't let you in, it won't matter for your petition, as long as you answer truthfully.

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

thank u jaejayc ...i appreciate ur help..

I dont want to lie them...i want to be truthfull to them...thanks for ur valuable advice...

The most important thing is that you don't lie to them. You don't have to disclose anything if they don't ask. But if they ask, you have to answer truthfully.

For example, when I entered at Newark, I was never asked who I was visiting, just how long I was staying. When I entered at Vancouver they specifically asked how my wife and I were related so I told them we were married.

I understand the frustration, you can't know until you're there, and there's no guarantee they'll let you in. Think of it this way. If they don't let you in, it won't matter for your petition, as long as you answer truthfully.

Timeline

does it cause any problem to my spouse visa? if they did not let me in...i saw in the guide that there would be late in the process because of FBI check done to consulate...plz help...

I dont want to lie them...i want to be truthfull to them...thanks for ur valuable advice...

does it cause any problem to my spouse visa? if they did not let me in...i saw in the guide that there would be late in the process because of FBI check done to consulate...plz help...

Depends why you're denied entry.

In your case, it seems like if you were denied entry, it's because they'd think you're an intending immigrant.. Meaning they don't believe you'll leave the US once admitted. If you were denied entry as a tourist because they believed you to be an intending immigrant, it has no effect on your spousal visa what so ever. The point of the spousal visa is to immigrate to the US, so them believing you to be an intending immigrant won't count against you one bit.

If, like what happened to your friend, they deny you because of misrepresentation, your spousal visa will be refused, and you'll be ineligible for a US visa for 10 or more years.

Overall, no harm to your visa in trying, as long as you're truthful to them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.