Paul and Haidee

Fast Courier to Philippines?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

DHL, FedEx, UPS & USPS all offer service taking anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

With USPS the package will pass through the Philippine Postal System so there is more risk of loss/theft or just delay involved.

UPS & FedEx contract with local courier services (like 2Go) so they're a step up from the USPS/PhilPost route.

If you want the best (in my opinion) go with DHL, they actually have their own offices and employees in the Philippines so it will be in DHL's hands from end-to-end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What courier does everyone use to send documents to the Philippines the fastest way?

first class mail is the best bang for your buck....its usually only 10 days or so from michigan to davao...i would imagine fed ex would be the fastest, but you'll pay for it.........

good luck.

first class mail is the best bang for your buck....its usually only 10 days or so from michigan to davao...i would imagine fed ex would be the fastest, but you'll pay for it.........

good luck.

My wife started getting charged a 5000P customs fee when I sent immigration documents to Davao through the post office. I switched to Fedex which was cheaper considering the custom of the local post office turned into demanding a bribe to release them. They got there much faster to.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

good luck.

First class is not much of a bargain if the docs never arrive or get held hostage for bribe money -- you were lucky. I say DHL for the reasons already mentioned, but FedEx is great also.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

DHL or LBC speed pouch. $12.50 for 2pounds in less than a week to Manila.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

DHL, FedEx, UPS & USPS all offer service taking anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

With USPS the package will pass through the Philippine Postal System so there is more risk of loss/theft or just delay involved.

UPS & FedEx contract with local courier services (like 2Go) so they're a step up from the USPS/PhilPost route.

If you want the best (in my opinion) go with DHL, they actually have their own offices and employees in the Philippines so it will be in DHL's hands from end-to-end.

Fed Ex is in the the Manila/Makita area I know for sure, as is UPS.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Problem with DHL is its NOT everywhere in the USA.

I send stuff to my fiancee Fed Ex and it arrived in 3 days, she recommended I use FedEx even.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My wife started getting charged a 5000P customs fee when I sent immigration documents to Davao through the post office. I switched to Fedex which was cheaper considering the custom of the local post office turned into demanding a bribe to release them. They got there much faster to.

:thumbs:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

Had success with DHL and FedEx. Both are expensive. FedEx from Caifornia to Manila cost me about $100 (for a large envelope of documents). DHL from Manila to me cost my fiancé around p3000.

First class is not much of a bargain if the docs never arrive or get held hostage for bribe money -- you were lucky. I say DHL for the reasons already mentioned, but FedEx is great also.

I agree. I would not dream of sending anything important by Mail to the Philippines. For sure don't use it to send important docs. I used Fedex with good results. Most of the stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I agree. I would not dream of sending anything important by Mail to the Philippines. For sure don't use it to send important docs. I used Fedex with good results. Most of the stuff.

You all just talked me out of using first class anymore, even though I've never had a problem in years..and lots of important AND expensive things...maybe it's because from hayseed town america to hayseed town philippines...cause god knows I am not that lucky........ :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.