charlie1

need help affidavit of suport

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The 125% of the poverty level requirement is for CURRENT income and not what she made in the past last year. She still has to provide her 2011 tax transcript, as everyone does(and it is fine that is a joint tax transcript), but her income will be based on what she is earning right now, this year, not last year. She proves that she will make $40k this year with the letter from her employer and recent pay stubs showing how much she receives each pay period.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow that makes me feel Good.I thought they would judge the income for the past year,I think am ok then,

so w2 tax return is not enough or need tax transcript?

thank you so much for help.am feeling relaxed now.

Jay-Kay are you sure?because my fiance had his K-1 visa interview about 4 weeks ago and my income for 2012 is above the 125% poverty guideline, but I still needed a co-sponsor because they went based off of my income for 2012 which was not enough

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Jay-Kay are you sure?because my fiance had his K-1 visa interview about 4 weeks ago and my income for 2012 is above the 125% poverty guideline, but I still needed a co-sponsor because they went based off of my income for 2012 which was not enough

Yes, I am sure. It is based on current income. However, every CO uses their own discretion to determine if they feel the beneficiary will become a public charge or not. If your income was borderline and/or very recent along with your previous years income being low, then they might feel a co-sponsor is warranted. Also, for all those that are independent contractors and self-employed, they only go by line 22 of the most recent 1040.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi,its my second post for today,and i need your opinion,

my Fiancee's cosponsor is going to be my sister...

my sister filed taxes last year joint with her husband and include there daughter.so thats house hold of 3.they both make around 28.000 for the year 2011,so its over the poverty federal line,

so now,do they have both to fill out and sign each form i-134?

or just needed from one of them?

am really confused.

my sister made by her self around 17.000 or more in 2011.because she start working the mid of 2011.

and in this time she makes around 40.000 a year.

so do you think if she filled the i-134 by her self would be enough?even if she filled 2011 taxes joint?

thank you

Depends on the country whether they will accept a cosponsor or not... Which country are you filing for? Jordan?

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.