^_^

Iowa GOP takes shot at Obama with ‘natural-born citizen’ requirement

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Don Racheter, chairman of the Iowa GOP’s platform committee, said in an interview Monday afternoon with Radio Iowa’s O. Kay Henderson that members of the state party are questioning Obama’s citizenship through a plank in their platform draft.

“There are many Republicans who feel that Barack Obama is not a ‘natural born citizen’ because his father was not an American when he was born and, therefore, feel that according to the Constitution he’s not qualified to be president, should not have been allowed to be elected by the Electoral College or even nominated by the Democratic Party in 2008, so this is an election year,” Racheter told Henderson.

Section 1.16 of the part of the platform draft related to elections states: “We believe candidates for President of the United States must show proof of being a ‘natural born citizen’ as required by Article II, Section I of the Constitution — beginning with the 2012 election.”

The meaning of the term “natural born citizen” has been the subject of debate. A November 2011 Congressional Research Service report suggests that the term refers to a person who is entitled to citizenship from birth, including those who were born in the United States and those who were born outside the country to parents who are U.S. citizens.

According to that definition, there’s little question whether Obama is a “natural born citizen.”

Obama was born in Hawaii in August 1961. His father, the late economist Barack Obama Sr., was born in Kenya and from 1959 to 1962 studied at the University of Hawaii, where he met Obama’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, an anthropologist who was born in Kansas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/iowa-gop-takes-shot-at-obama-with-natural-born-citizen-requirement/2012/05/21/gIQAJ6eKgU_blog.html

The Party that screeches "Constitution!" at every opportunity is once again proving they don't actually understand it... Priceless!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

THe Birthers are purists, believing that is Obama was not born in the US that somehow that discredits him from being President.

They of all people should know that the very nature of an affirmative action hire so often means the rules are suspended to reach a more worthy goal.

So to the Birthers I say - Even if you are right,.....forget about it, it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant in this case, move on.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

THe Birthers are purists morons

There, fixed.

I know it's easy to compare birthers to morons, but really, that comparison is a little unfair to all the morons out there. Remember, they didn't ask for any of this.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

Well to be fair, when McCain was questioned about his Birth circumstances ... back when I think he ran against Bush, he brought the issue up to be resolved before the Senate IIRC.

Obama on the other hand waited until he was long in office to even produce his paperwork.

MAny speculate it worked in his advantage, up until Trump started putting steam behind the whole question -then he produced a BC.

Anytime people "want" to find a conspiracy..... there always seems to be just enough to feed it to keep it going.

I'm not a Birther but if in 5 or 10 years we find out he was in fact not born in this country, I wouldn't be stunned.

The sceptic in me doubts that all this time that has passed, not one person has come forward to "expose him" ... there would have to be a few bucks to be had and how likely is it that no one has cashed in?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Well to be fair, when McCain was questioned about his Birth circumstances ... back when I think he ran against Bush, he brought the issue up to be resolved before the Senate IIRC.

Obama on the other hand waited until he was long in office to even produce his paperwork.

Of course. Because McCain actually was born outside of the US. Once McCain proved his eligibility, did he still have a bunch of imbeciles hounding him for DNA samples? Did he have to run the gauntlet of unsatisfactory evidence?

And please note while I may have compared birthers to imbeciles here, I do not intend any offense whatsover to actual imbeciles. Same goes for hounds.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

THe Birthers are purists, believing that is Obama was not born in the US that somehow that discredits him from being President.

They of all people should know that the very nature of an affirmative action hire so often means the rules are suspended to reach a more worthy goal.

So to the Birthers I say - Even if you are right,.....forget about it, it doesn't matter, it's irrelevant in this case, move on.

It is absolutely disgusting the way the right-wing racists refuse to acknowledge the incredible talent and intelligence that Obama has! So they engage in this slimy underhanded slam of pretending that the only reason he became president is due to affirmative action. It must be very painful for them to think that a black man is smarter and more intelligent than they are themselves!