milanoboy2010

Special case -I130

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

this is my story , i was a studying in the USA on J1 visa ( it has the 2 years requirement thing ) and while i was there i met an American lady and we got married and after researching the internet i found out best thing to do is not breaking any law or immigration rules , so i neither applied for adjustment of status nor overstayed my j1 visa and i returned back to my home country Egypt . and we were planning that she moves with me to Egypt but according to the current situation in my country i don't feel very safe bringing her to live with me over her , its almost a year now and we haven't decided yet what to do .

i have about one year left toward the j1 2 years requirement and i dunno what is the best to do , should i hire an attorney , and you know they cost a lot of money that i don't have so i am seeking help and knowledge from people who had similar experience and i have some questions i would be very thankful if i get answers her ,

1- is the physical separation will affect the fact that our marriage is bone afide and 100% legit ? we have got married for only two months before i left the USA , we have joint bank accounts that we both use to pay her rent in the USA , buy every thing , and i pay all the bills and every thing through my credit card .

2- we miss each other a lot but we haven't figured out a way yet , should i apply for the i130 and then i can get k3 visa to visit the USA while i am waiting the J1 2 years requirement to end ??

3-which is better , applying for the I130 from the USA or from Egypt ??

4-we have a lot of friends in America that knows we are married some of them attended our little ceremony , how can we take official swore from them to include with our I130 application , does it have to written , by an attorney , or they have to go and swear in the court ??

5-if we decided to take the risk and bring her to live with me over here in Egypt , how can she provide an affidavit of support as long as she will lose her job and will become jobless and unable to support any one ?

6-can i apply for the k3 visa while i have one year left of the 2 years J1 requirement ?

7-our marriage certificate was issued in Utah state and i thought that i can authenticate it from the US embassy in Cairo in order for me to apply for Egyptian residency permit for her but after coming to Egypt the embassy told me that the certificate has to be authenticated from the Egyptian embassy in the USA , i contacted the Egyptian embassy in the USA and they told me that i have to physically appear with her in the Egyptian embassy in the US in order for them to approve the paper and give us an Egyptian marriage certificate ( we are still keeping the remains of the UK 1900's official bureaucracy and it even got worse ) i like Britain though .

so now what should i do ???please help us i haven't touched my wife for almost a year now

thank you in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

assuming your wife is here in the US she can apply for the i 130 here on your behalf. The k-3 visa is obsolete as it takes as much time to process the k-3 as it does for the i-130. As for the rest of your post regarding your marriage certificate I can;t answer that. Perhaps someone else ill jump in and help you. Good luck :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

assuming your wife is here in the US she can apply for the i 130 here on your behalf. The k-3 visa is obsolete as it takes as much time to process the k-3 as it does for the i-130. As for the rest of your post regarding your marriage certificate I can;t answer that. Perhaps someone else ill jump in and help you. Good luck :)

The I-130 is not something you apply for. It is a petition. It gets "filed". When the petition is approved, the foreigner can apply for a visa. In this case, I expect the visa category will be IR1, since it will take nearly another year or so to obtain the visa after filing the petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

so what should i do after she filling petition for me ? what is the second step , is there an interview she will attend in the usa or is there any interview we will attend other than the visa interview ?

Read the guidelines of each spouse visa. You will apply for a visa and will be issued an interview at the embassy in Cairo. That's the last step before coming to USA if your visa is approved. You both must gather a lot of evidence, fill out paperwork and get ready.

Her coming to live in Egypt isn't a bad idea, but if in the long run you're planning to live int he US, finances may be an issue if none of you work.

Good luck

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Read the guidelines of each spouse visa. You will apply for a visa and will be issued an interview at the embassy in Cairo. That's the last step before coming to USA if your visa is approved. You both must gather a lot of evidence, fill out paperwork and get ready.

Her coming to live in Egypt isn't a bad idea, but if in the long run you're planning to live int he US, finances may be an issue if none of you work.

Good luck

so basically i will attend only one interview in Cairo for the visa ? if so what do i have to show in this interview?

-does she has to attend any interview either in USA or in Egypt ?

-is there any interviews to get the I130 approved

thx

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

so basically i will attend only one interview in Cairo for the visa ? if so what do i have to show in this interview?

-does she has to attend any interview either in USA or in Egypt ?

-is there any interviews to get the I130 approved

thx

Click on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here. This is a do it yourself site, not a place to get spoon fed without doing your homework.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.