Fatty

DCF in London - how long?

5 posts in this topic

I've heard a couple of people on here mention that DCF in London only takes about 4 months or so.

But what I'm reading on the London Embassy site seems to suggest it will be more like 6-7 months.

It's about 12 weeks for the initial I-130 processing, and then I think it's saying 3-4 months processing of the visa application after we send in the documentation (DS 2001 and DS 230 part I). Then I presume they schedule an interview for a few weeks away too, which will add another month or so onto it all.

Am I reading the information wrong?

I sent in my completed forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit, when will I be scheduled an appointment for my interview?

There is currently a back-log in the Immigrant Visa Unit of forms and applications waiting to be processed. If you have submitted the completed forms in connection with the administrative processing of your application, you should allow approximately three months for your case to be processed. During this period, we regret we cannot provide information on the status of the application or confirm if the forms have been received. On completion of the administrative processing of the application, you will receive notification of the scheduled visa interview.

From here

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/faqs/...a_iv.html#iv200

and

Approximately three to four months should be allowed for the administrative processing of the immigrant visa application by the National Visa Center on receipt of the approved I-130, or the Immigrant Visa Unit for those whose I-130 is filed with the Department of Homeland Security (Immigration) in London

from here

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...mediaterel.html

It's not that I'm impatient...it's just that my I-130 was file August 6th (I sent it in end of July but they accepted it for processing or whatever August 6th according to the postcard they sent).

And If I don't have the visas by the time my baby is born (Due Feb 20th) we'll have to apply for the baby's visa too, and by that time my husband and childrens' visas will probably have expired. So we'll need to pay the fees again etc and request an extention or something... and I don't know if that means filing all the forms again and everything.

If anyone has more information about how long it usually takes for DCF in London I'd be really appreciative. I've looked for a timeline but I can't find one for DCF in London. I've seen it stated on this site that DCF in London is usually 4 months from I-130 to visas in hand. Am I just not undertanding it properly? Please excuse my ignorance.

July 30th - sent off I-130s

August 7th - I-130s filed with USCIS and we receive our notification postcard a few days later

Nov 5th - sent in the DS-2001 part 1 and the DS 2001

Nov 6th - received our packet 3 stuff, which I took as I-130 approvals

Nov 13th - received packet 4 - interview scheduled for Dec 14th

Nov 20th - had medicals

Nov 24-ish - received our actual I-130 approvals, I have no idea why they took so long to arrive!

Dec 14th - interviews - approved!

Dec 16th - visas delivered

Jan 13th - leaving party :( I will miss so many people!

Jan 19th - our travel date

Feb 20th - our baby's due date

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi, Can I suggest this thread to you?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35993

With a directly filed case, you will not be using the NVC, so that portion does not apply to you.

The link provide there does show that the current processing date for I-130s at July 13, so you are close.

You can do your part to be ready by having everything ready so that when your notice does come from the Embassy, you can return it immediately and tell them you are ready for an interview.

You can also email the Embassy starting now, and ask if you can pre-submit any of the visa application forms for preprocessing; I have head of people being able to do that in London. Explain your extenuating circumstances and ask nicely--maybe you can get a little extra attention. :)

Try to not worry too much...

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

I checked today and they are procesing I-130's from July 20. So you're getting close! If you haven't already I would recommend getting the police certificates as they take 40 days. That way when the next packet arrives you can go ahead and send back the post card stating you are ready for your interview. I would get this list of docs ready and hopfully everything will be done for you by Feb: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
It's not that I'm impatient...it's just that my I-130 was file August 6th (I sent it in end of July but they accepted it for processing or whatever August 6th according to the postcard they sent).

If you look at this link it will tell the filing date of the I-130s currently being processed, which is 20th July

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html

Ours was filed 14th June, we got packet 3 18th Sept and our interview is 31st Oct

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

See that's exactly the type of positive story I wanted to hear Lansbury!

I'm aware of the processing times. I just seemed to be reading that it takes 3-4 months to process the application, after the packet 3 stuff. But a month and a half would be much better. I was thinking 12 weeks or so for the I-130, then after sending in the DS-2001 it would be another 3-4 months, then however long for the interview to be scheduled additionally. If it takes that long we won't make it in time. If it's not that long we'll be fine! And I'll be thrilled!

We're mostly ready with our documents, but I don't have a social security number yet. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday it should be ready. It's all in progress anyway. We've got the police certificate, have filled in the I-864 and I'll be sending in my tax forms to the IRS embassy as soon as I get my SSN. The tax stuff shouldn't take too long either because they've advised me to send them photocopies and ask them to send them back asap for Immigration purposes, so I'm not worried about that.

Only other thing is proof of domicile....I'll need to get a valuation done on the house or something...

Hopefully it'll all be sorted in the next couple weeks though in time for the I-130 approval.

I have a tendancy to panic anyway, but it's multiplied like 100 fold when I'm pregnant.

This site is such an awesome resource! SO glad I came across it. You're all awesome.

July 30th - sent off I-130s

August 7th - I-130s filed with USCIS and we receive our notification postcard a few days later

Nov 5th - sent in the DS-2001 part 1 and the DS 2001

Nov 6th - received our packet 3 stuff, which I took as I-130 approvals

Nov 13th - received packet 4 - interview scheduled for Dec 14th

Nov 20th - had medicals

Nov 24-ish - received our actual I-130 approvals, I have no idea why they took so long to arrive!

Dec 14th - interviews - approved!

Dec 16th - visas delivered

Jan 13th - leaving party :( I will miss so many people!

Jan 19th - our travel date

Feb 20th - our baby's due date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.