32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm in such a mood today. Must be pms. :blush:

I'm cold, tired, hungry and irritated. Usama and his sisters have once again disowned each other and I won't be able to talk to him now for a couple of days I guess since he'll be busy looking again for a new place to live. I feel like I'm on a dysfunctional family rollercoaster and I just want it to stop already!!!!! I am trying not to be so codependent about it all but it's hard since his relationship with them directly affects how our life together will be, ya know?

anyway...i should talk since my family is the most dysfunctional I know! lol. My sister called me YET AGAIN to fix me up with a friend of hers. Next time she does this I'm gonna blow a gasket. This time I felt like saying, "sure if he doesn't mind coming to my wedding!!!", but I bit my tongue.

11:32am here........4 1/2 more hours to go at work. Can't go by quick enough since it's cold enough to hang meet in this office. :huh:

I should probably respond to this in private, but I learned one big lesson with Mohammed. He gets very upset over family "issues" and comes to me to vent. I used to personally own every single ounce of what he was going through and it was killing me. I couldn't carry the weight of both world. I learned to listen to him and allow him to vent freely to me without taking so much on emotionally. It really freed me up to be more loving and compassionate to him instead of all freaked out right along side of him. He's always appreciative of this. When he's done venting he calls me his pillow. LOL

I'm counting the hours too. Tonight is going to be a lazy bum night for me. Dinner, hot bath, jammies, movie, phone call with Mohammed, BED and Zzzzzzzzzz.

Now that's my kinda night!!!!!! I wish my new fluffy robe would arrive in the mail today!!! It's soooo cold here my feet are like icicles and the girl next to me keeps sneezing, then blowing her nose, then sneezing, then blowing her nose. I just KNOW I'm gonna get it next. :(

I've been sneezing and blowing all day too... but not a cold. Its because they turned on the stupid furnace and now my desk is covered in DUST. Ugh... 2 more hours. I'll be crawling out the door. Ha ha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok I need to vent!

Why is it that people turn off their cell phones or don't answer when they aren't working or when it's an emergency!? I have been trying to get a hold of my husband for almost 6 hours now and his phone has been off this whole time! I don't know if he doesn't realize it's off or what's going on but I called his work at 3 to see if he was there or not, he wasn't. He then called me from work at 4 saying not to call his work again and to call his cell when I get the message! I have been calling his cell for the past 30 minutes in hopes that he realizes that it's still off! No such luck. What am I supposed to do?! It's been a bad day at work and it seems like it's going to get worse! Apparently he made dinner and I am supposed to pick up some veg oil on my way home and warm up the dinner at 9:45 tonight. But I need to talk to him and he's not answering! He said the reason he didn't answer is because he was doing stuff at home! What stuff?! Not for 5 hours! AHHHHHHHHHHH! Sometimes he makes me crazy! And his phones still off! I don't dare call his work again and tell him to durn his darn phone on, because he might yell at me again! I hate when he does ####### like this! Even if he doesn't realize it! It's just pissing me off more! I mean, He hasn't made any calls from his cell or he hasn't recieved any, don't you think he should look at his phone once in the course of the day?! Gosh!

Sorry for venting. But I needed it. I still need to do some more, but I can't while I am at work. I might get fired if I let all my frustration out here! Hope everyone has a good day and a nice weekend!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i just ended my first week of work at the bank and it is awesome...I absolutely love it there......40 hours in 5 days....phew im so glad i have the weekend off....tomorrow i have a baby shower for my cousins soon to be coming daughter, it should be fun, i will see some people i havent seen since i was in the 8th grade....sunday will be cleaning and rearranging....our kitchen is done...alhumdullah...after 2 weeks of sofyan breaking his fast with burgers and chicken, he can finally have a good hot home cooked meal!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Well, I just tried to send my husband money for his plane ticket (we are splitting it) and stupid Western Union wouldn't put my transfer through. I called them on the phone and after spending about 20 minutes talking to a respresentative and answering additional security questions, he said they couldn't put it through. Not enough information. ?????????. I answered (correctly) every question he asked me... address, phone numbers, soc security num, previous addresses, etc etc. He was very nice and said that I would just have to go to a WU location, but for some reason, this just put me over the edge.

Has this happened to anyone else trying to send money?

I've basically kept my cool through all this visa sh!t and now THIS is the thing that makes me lose it. And those bastards have already taken the money from my account and he said it would take two or three days to credit it back to my account. I was so looking forward to my husband buying his ticket this weekend and finally being able to go "PHEWWWWW now you just have to get on a plane."

I know other people have much more reason to rant than me, but it just makes me wanna go

(!*@#(*#@&$)(*$%)(*$%(*#$(!@*$#$#&*@#&$*!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Holly...I'd way recommend MONEYGRAM over WU. You can do it all online - easy cheesy.... www.moneygram.com - Hope it works out for you, whatever you end up doing.

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

Hi all,

I have never been superstitious but this friday is getting to me...I am still at work and don't want to go home...It is so quiet and peaceful here and I have missed that so much...I know that I must be losing it or something but I have no idea what else to do...I am very happy for the latest approvals and wish all of you a wonderful weekend...

Love

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hi all,

I have never been superstitious but this friday is getting to me...I am still at work and don't want to go home...It is so quiet and peaceful here and I have missed that so much...I know that I must be losing it or something but I have no idea what else to do...I am very happy for the latest approvals and wish all of you a wonderful weekend...

Love

Dorothy

My assistant at work celebrates every Friday the 13th with her fiance. I guess they met on Friday the 13th, so everytime one comes around they celebrate it. I guess this is the 13th Friday the 13th for them, so he sent her some really pretty orchids to work. They are also getting married on Friday the 13th of July. :blink::wacko:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, I just tried to send my husband money for his plane ticket (we are splitting it) and stupid Western Union wouldn't put my transfer through. I called them on the phone and after spending about 20 minutes talking to a respresentative and answering additional security questions, he said they couldn't put it through. Not enough information. ?????????. I answered (correctly) every question he asked me... address, phone numbers, soc security num, previous addresses, etc etc. He was very nice and said that I would just have to go to a WU location, but for some reason, this just put me over the edge.

Were you able to find a solution? Was the issue that you were trying to wire money for a plane ticket, the amount or that you were trying to wire money to the middle east period? I was going to send money to my fiance to make one of my bridesmaid dresses, but if there is an issue with it, I guess I'll have to find another solution.

Maggie

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Were you able to find a solution? Was the issue that you were trying to wire money for a plane ticket, the amount or that you were trying to wire money to the middle east period? I was going to send money to my fiance to make one of my bridesmaid dresses, but if there is an issue with it, I guess I'll have to find another solution.

Maggie

Yes, Western Union screens money transactions with ME/NA countries. You might want to check out Ikobo.com. Mohammed and I use this when money transfers are necessary and have never had a problem. The fees are a bazillion times cheaper and the money is available via ATM immediately.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi all,

Love

Dorothy

I live next to Salem, MA and have a black cat!!!! :blink:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Hi all,

Love

Dorothy

I live next to Salem, MA and have a black cat!!!! :blink:

Have you been to Salem yet this October? I'd like to go the weekend before Halloween, but I've got my stupid exam to study for...grr.

Hi all,

Love

Dorothy

My assistant at work celebrates every Friday the 13th with her fiance. I guess they met on Friday the 13th, so everytime one comes around they celebrate it. I guess this is the 13th Friday the 13th for them, so he sent her some really pretty orchids to work. They are also getting married on Friday the 13th of July. :blink::wacko:

Coolies! That's my birthday. I was born on that Friday as well.

Maggie

Yes, Western Union screens money transactions with ME/NA countries. You might want to check out Ikobo.com. Mohammed and I use this when money transfers are necessary and have never had a problem. The fees are a bazillion times cheaper and the money is available via ATM immediately.

They didn't ask what the money was for (not that it would have been any of their business), but I think it was just that the money was going to the ME/NA... I checked out Moneygram, but they don't send money to Algeria and the problem with Ikobo is that Algeria really doesn't have any ATMs and they don't accept credit cards at anywhere except big hotels. UGH.

But thanks everyone for the suggestions :)

If I were able to use Ikobo that would definitely be the way I would choose to go, I've heard nothing but good things and it's cheaper and easier than Western Union. I guess I'll just have to go down to Wal Mart or someplace that has a WU office.... blahhhhhhhh.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.