charlie471963

Not sure what to do

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys I have a problem I never received my NOA2 in the mail its seems it was lost I called and spoke with a terr 2 agent and they told me they would send out a new one , but instead they sent a letter stating that I have to fill out a I824 and request a new one . Now my question is my

case has already gone through the NVC and will be in manila in the next few days and they are telling me that I have only so much time to get the interview done and if its not done in time that it will be closed and we will have to start all over again is this true or is there someway around

this to fast track it . Also is it posible to bring a copy of the letter that uscis sent and to use it in place of the noa2 coupled with a copy of the uscis web page stating that the petition was approved .

Your profile says that you are working toward a K-1 fiancée visa, yet you posted in the IR-1/CR-1 spousal visa forum.

I don't know about the spousal visa, but if you are working toward a K-1 fiancée visa, your fiancée won't need a copy of the NOA-2 in order to complete her Embassy interview. Just go ahead and schedule it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You don't need a copy of the NOA2, an interview would not be taking place if the petition has not been approved.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I have the mnl number and I told my girl friend to go ahead and make her appointment at st lukes and she came back and told me that st lukes is asking for it so i called the uscis and wow 400 bucks and another who knows how long wait for the i428 to get here so she has to wait for

packet is that it

I have the mnl number and I told my girl friend to go ahead and make her appointment at st lukes and she came back and told me that st lukes is asking for it so i called the uscis and wow 400 bucks and another who knows how long wait for the i428 to get here so she has to wait for

packet is that it

First of all, St. Lukes does not make appointments. They operate on a walk-in basis only.

Secondly, a NOA2 is not needed at St. Lukes. Instead, she needs her MNL case number.

Timeline

does she need the case number on uscis letter head or can she bring in just a copy of the web page with the approval showing and the number on a piece of paper also some correspondence from a past rfe and also a letter that states that we are approved on letter head but not a 797

does she need the case number on uscis letter head or can she bring in just a copy of the web page with the approval showing and the number on a piece of paper also some correspondence from a past rfe and also a letter that states that we are approved on letter head but not a 797

Many people report that they've used their MNL case number from the NVC even when it's simply written down on a piece of paper.

Or, she can use her MNL case number which is on any communication from the NVC. She can also take along the NOA2 from the USCIS as additional proof.

Better yet, schedule an interview appointment and she can take that printout to show St. Lukes. That would be the best thing to do.

Many people report that they've used their MNL case number from the NVC even when it's simply written down on a piece of paper.

Or, she can use her MNL case number which is on any communication from the NVC. She can also take along the NOA2 from the USCIS as additional proof.

Better yet, schedule an interview appointment and she can take that printout to show St. Lukes. That would be the best thing to do.

Many people report... Wow you almost admitted it works...

First of all, St. Lukes does not make appointments. They operate on a walk-in basis only.

Secondly, a NOA2 is not needed at St. Lukes. Instead, she needs her MNL case number.

I will be glad to inform St Lukes that Tahoma has decided they no longer make appointments .Technically it is not a time appointment but I would highly recommended registering online before going .

Edited by scruffydog

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

packet is that it

St. Lukes never asks for a copy of the 797, the want a copy of the confirmation for interview at the embassy (when you make your appointment with the embassy online print a couple copies of the confirmation page) along with passport photos and copy of the bio page from the passport, all this is listed on their website. I am not sure what is $400 that you are referencing.

After NOA2 AND YOU HAVE YOUR MNL #

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I will be glad to inform St Lukes that Tahoma has decided they no longer make appointments .Technically it is not a time appointment but I would highly recommended registering online before going .

You do NOT make an appointment for the medical.

Yes pre-registering online saves time when arriving for the medical. http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/ But that is far from making an appointment, and their website even mentions it is first come first served.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You do NOT make an appointment for the medical.

Yes pre-registering online saves time when arriving for the medical. http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/ But that is far from making an appointment, and their website even mentions it is first come first served.

I am well aware it is first come first serve. First come first serve and "walk in only" are two very very different things. I said technically it is not making an appointment, but that it will save you boat loads of time. I stress, I would highly reccomend regstering online for the day of your "Visit"

Your fiancé will need to prepare for her Medical at St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLEC)

Required Documents:

http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs

Pre-register online and have her print out this letter. This is the appointment letter she needs to present at SLMEC.

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Medical fees are: 15 years and older USD 213.35 / PhP 9,387.50. This is paid at SLMEC.

ST. LUKE'S MEDICAL CENTER EXTENSION CLINIC

1177 J. Bocobo St. Ermita, Manila 1000 PHILIPPINES

Timeline

I am well aware it is first come first serve. First come first serve and "walk in only" are two very very different things. I said technically it is not making an appointment, but that it will save you boat loads of time. I stress, I would highly reccomend regstering online for the day of your "Visit"

And I think first come first served and walk-in are about the same.... arrive and get in line.

my response was to your comment to Tahoma about informing St. Luke's.... :bonk:

Tahoma, on 19 May 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

And I think first come first served and walk-in are about the same.... arrive and get in line.

my response was to your comment to Tahoma about informing St. Luke's.... :bonk:

Ok I admit I was jabbing Tahoma with the proverbial pin, but reading the 4 pages of goggled cut and pastes of definitions is so much fun.. Seriously Hank.. First come first served and walk in only are vastly different, by registering online you are telling them I will be there that day.

When you get to St. Lukes all patients fall in line this is true. Once inside you are asked if you are registered. If you are, then you give them your appointment letter etc and are sent to a waiting area to start the process. if not you are sent to another room and given a number. When they call your number you are given the registration paper work. After that is filled out you fall in behind the people who registered We can split hairs about what to call it but here is the bottom line. My wife was done before some of the people in line with her had even had a chance to fill out the reregistration paperwork, that had not registered online.

The reason I split hairs with Tahoma is this , A lot of people read this stuff that, unsure about the process, much like all of us where at one time. To post that St. Lukes takes "Walk in Only" and to not even mention or post a link to the pre registration form is irresponsible and totally misleading.. Us Veterans are here to make it easier for the newbies. Yes Technically it is not an appointment, in that you are not given a precise time, but if you show up at the same time as someone who did not register you will be priority over them. That is pretty close to an appointment.

Bottom line is that if you'r loved one is going for a physical at St. Lukes please have them preregister, make an appointment, or whatever you wish to call it. I am not here to argue about the meaning of what is is . However I do want all K-1 people on this journey to know every advantage they can use.

Many people report... Wow you almost admitted it works...

^^^ If you had been paying attention, you would have known that St. Lukes has turned away some people who showed up with their MNL case number simply written down on a piece of paper or who just gave it verbally. However, I guess that's asking too much.

More "scruffy wisdom"...

I will be glad to inform St Lukes that Tahoma has decided they no longer make appointments .

Technically it is not a time appointment but I would highly recommended registering online before going .

...wait...there's more...

I said technically it is not making an appointment

...and yet more...

Yes Technically it is not an appointment

That is pretty close to an appointment.

:lol: You should try listening to yourself sometime!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.