Poolshark

Tegucigalpa improves processing time

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Previously, Tegucigalpa had a backlog of one year. They are now saying processing time takes six months, but if you look at the schedule of TGG numbers, they are actually working on applications from April 2012. Milagro!

Does anybody know anything about their approval rates or how to find out the percentage of approved I-601s from this embassy? :thumbs::wow::star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know over on immigrate2us they have a forum section for people with waivers pending in Tegucigalpa. My wife's waiver was processed in Panama, and I would always read in that forum. Don't get discouraged by what your lawyer said about your hardships being as extreme as everyone else's. Read as much as you can, anything written by Laurel Scott, especially about aggravating factors. She seems convinced that the aggravating factors determine what level the hardships must rise to. Technically, the adjudicator is supposed to make a determination of whether there is extreme hardship, and then consider aggravating and mitigating factors in the decision.

My wife's waiver was approved, and I feel my hardships were not as extreme as those of others whose hardships letters I have read and whose waivers were denied, and it seems almost every time there was one or more of the factors Laurel considers aggravating to a case. Fortunately we had none of the aggravating factors and many she considers mitigating. Panama has had average processing times between eight and twelve months, and ours was approved in just over seven. I would concentrate on identifying any factors that would be considered aggravating and try to lessen their impact, than trying to make hardships seem more extreme than they are. A lot of almost extreme hardships can add up. We also filed the waiver without a lawyer.

One more thing, when I checked out the Honduras forum on I2US last night, seems there is a lot of confusion in Tegucigalpa concerning waiver submission. People told to turn the waiver in, then wait for a bill to pay the fee, people waiting many weeks for their waiver to be reviewed by the consulate before they turn it over to USCIS. Check out what has tripped up others going though Tegucigalpa. My best wishes for an approved waiver. Pat

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know over on immigrate2us they have a forum section for people with waivers pending in Tegucigalpa. My wife's waiver was processed in Panama, and I would always read in that forum. Don't get discouraged by what your lawyer said about your hardships being as extreme as everyone else's. Read as much as you can, anything written by Laurel Scott, especially about aggravating factors. She seems convinced that the aggravating factors determine what level the hardships must rise to. Technically, the adjudicator is supposed to make a determination of whether there is extreme hardship, and then consider aggravating and mitigating factors in the decision.

My wife's waiver was approved, and I feel my hardships were not as extreme as those of others whose hardships letters I have read and whose waivers were denied, and it seems almost every time there was one or more of the factors Laurel considers aggravating to a case. Fortunately we had none of the aggravating factors and many she considers mitigating. Panama has had average processing times between eight and twelve months, and ours was approved in just over seven. I would concentrate on identifying any factors that would be considered aggravating and try to lessen their impact, than trying to make hardships seem more extreme than they are. A lot of almost extreme hardships can add up. We also filed the waiver without a lawyer.

One more thing, when I checked out the Honduras forum on I2US last night, seems there is a lot of confusion in Tegucigalpa concerning waiver submission. People told to turn the waiver in, then wait for a bill to pay the fee, people waiting many weeks for their waiver to be reviewed by the consulate before they turn it over to USCIS. Check out what has tripped up others going though Tegucigalpa. My best wishes for an approved waiver. Pat

I am also preparing a waiver request for my husband (from Brazil). Could you give examples of what you mean by aggravating and mitigating factors? I thought aggravating hardship makes it more extreme, not less, and mitigating would be the other way around. Maybe if you can give an example or two of each it will be clearer. Thanks so much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For aggravating factors there would be criminal record, denied asylum cases, for mitigating factors being brought to the US as a child and overstaying thereafter. These apply to the applicant, basically why the waiver is needed. The hardships are those faced by the qualifying relative

Edited by Julie y Pat

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

For aggravating factors there would be criminal record, denied asylum cases, for mitigating factors being brought to the US as a child and overstaying thereafter. These apply to the applicant, basically why the waiver is needed. The hardships are those faced by the qualifying relative

Got it. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.