w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Shameless American star buys an African souvenir (a 1 year old boy)

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So, I am a bit confused. Take away the fact that she is a celebrity and this adoption happened much quicker than the average. What's so different from Madonna adopting a child from overseas from multitudes of couples who do this every year?

No different. Some people love to hate celebrities for no other reason than that they are celebrities. That smacks of some sort of envy IMO.

Hard to understand how someone adopting a child can be interpreted as some sort of cynical self-promotion strategy. After all, to quote the old cliche "a dog is not just for christmas".

Whether the adoption is legal, ethical (and whether the couple are fit parents) should be the major concern here surely.

Filed: Timeline
Malawi's leading child rights group will seek a court injunction to stop Madonna adopting a one-year-old boy.

"It's not like selling property," said a statement by Eye Of The Child. They were speaking a day after Malawi's High Court granted an interim order for the star to adopt the boy, named as David Banda.

"It is about safeguarding the future of a human being who, because of age, cannot express an opinion," said the group.

The group added that the government circumvented its own laws to fast-track the adoption process.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/13102006/140/cour...a-adoption.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Never been a Madonna fan and I guess it's OK to have adopted the child unless she plans to sell him to the circus, but why did she need to go all the way to Africa to adopted a black baby. I'm sure there are plenty here, unless it would be hard for a white woman to adopted a black baby in the U.S.

I guess it won't be too hard for the kid to figure out he was adopted when he grows up. LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Never been a Madonna fan and I guess it's OK to have adopted the child unless she plans to sell him to the circus, but why did she need to go all the way to Africa to adopted a black baby. I'm sure there are plenty here, unless it would be hard for a white woman to adopted a black baby in the U.S.

I guess it won't be too hard for the kid to figure out he was adopted when he grows up. LOL

Good question...but why are we choosing also alien partners and not in our own countries?...is there anything to answer about that also? back to the kids...what about Angelina? and many others who adopt a chinese child?...Honestly, for myself, seeing how many kids are abandonned and neglected...everywhere...I don't feel confortable to make some more...this stuff on here on this little thread..does not answer any question, unless we really decide to do something about it...and again, i don't think that her choices of adoption harms somebody...so the question remains..!

Here we go time to slam me now lol.

sure! after you stated :

Madonna is a ####### lol her music sucks lol.

AND

I dont like Madsluta anyways.

lol... :thumbs:

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
After all, to quote the old cliche "a dog is not just for christmas".

For some reason, when I read that cliche, I remembered the old slogan "Orange juice, its not just for breakfast" and couldn't help but put 2 and 2 together. :blink:

Edited by ieldanth
unityjourney.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

To all you haterz, Madonna sez

madonnafingerse1.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Here we go time to slam me now lol.

sure! after you stated :

Madonna is a ####### lol her music sucks lol.

AND

I dont like Madsluta anyways.

whats wrong with what i said i dont have a right to say what i feel about a celebrity with out certain people slamming me lol. I did nothing wrong but state my opion over a stupid usless thread and certain people are getting wet over nothing lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

1. she's 48 years old, which is NOT prime adoptive parent age in US or UK
  2. she lives in England (UK)
  3. UK introduced some new laws on overseas adoption, due to the "internet twins" (where 28-year-old St. Louisian Tranda Wecker took the twins she had borne and placed with a San Diego couple, the Allens, and then gave them to a WELSH couple, the Kilshaws, who had paid the intermediary agency a higher fee; as an irony, there was much furore in BBC, Telegraph, Times and Guardian AND NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF IT IN ANY US MEDIA until Tranda's estranged husband Aaron Wecker entered the furore asking for custody) in 2001; FYI, the Weckers are African-American and the Kilshaws are white Welsh

So, not as hard as you think--the laws introduced in UK exempted adoptions from the US.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Hard to understand how someone adopting a child can be interpreted as some sort of cynical self-promotion strategy. After all, to quote the old cliche "a dog is not just for christmas".

lol It does worry me that adopting children from impoverished countries seems to be turning into a fad, lately. She is not the first and I very much doubt the last either.

I remember an article some time ago where she was saying what a bad mother she was. The two do seem a little conflicting...

But that child is going to have an interesting life and lots of opportunity! I can see why the father agreed to it, but I hope he will get the opportunity to go back if and when he wants.

I wonder what made her pick him though, above anyone else. Anyway, something uncomfortable about the whole thing, but it does more good than harm overall.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Here's my $1.57:

I'm not a Madge fan...never have been, never will. But one thing you can't take away from this woman is that she's an EXCELLENT businesswoman. She has managed to make a shot in the dark career sustain itself over decades. And let's face it, she's not the greatest singer, she's a terrible actress, etc. How she does that is she keeps reinventing herself....stunts like the 'Like a Prayer' video with the crucified black Jesus, her stigmata hands, her Sex book, truth or dare movie, Britney kiss....well they've all kept her in the headlines, kept her right smack dab in controversy. And there's no such thing as bad press.

I think it's honorable to give money to these people, but I don't understand the need to take a kid away from his family. Sure, the father's happy cos his son is going to be raised in wealth the likes of which no one's ever dreamed, but is that really the be-all end-all in life??? It makes me sad because to think she had children lined up like puppies on parade from the pound, then she picks one, and then leaves him??? #######? She's made the choice that this child is going to be her son, then she leaves him there cos the paperwork is taking too long? I'm sorry but that's very telling afaic. Methinks she tries just too hard to keep up with the Jolie-Pitts.

One can be philanthropic to this country by giving them money to help them, but I seriously don't understand the need to fly halfway around the world to help a child. There are TONS of underpriveledged children...but ask yourself...would adopting a UK or US kid make as many headlines? How bout a Romanian child? As a resident of the EU, I wouldn't think adopting a child over there woiuld be as difficult, or as controvery-filled. And for the person who said 'well we flew halfway across the world for partners'....well, in my situation, it wasn't done purposely...I didn't think 'oh I feel like a full English' :lol:...so I don't see the relevance in the comparison. Why does nationality matter if the end result is just to help people? If that were truly the goal, I cannot understand why the 'path of least resistance' wasn't taken....there are children all over the place who are starving, and battered, and in desperate need of help. Countries which would be chomping at the bit to adopt kids out. But she chooses the country which bans foreign national adoptions. Hrmmmm...

I really was trying to reserve judgement on this until I heard she left her new son to return to England. That's quite sh!t, and to me, it says she doesn't have that maternal feeling towards this child...surely she'd never have left Rocco or Lourdes like that.

Edited by LisaD