steffbry

Medical done! and will share my walkt hrough as well:)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally! My Medical was done in 2days.. and I almost missed my Flight! Good thing I was able to talk to one of the personnel on the releasing area and told him that I have 1 1/1hr left till my flight. He looked for my medical worksheet and gave it to the counter and was able to finish in time :)

Anyhow, here's my experience when I had my medical.. I'd like to share it since this is also in return to those who posted here before regarding their medical walk through which really helped me a lot and was able to gain ideas from them before I went for my medical :)

*I arrived at St.Luke's 11am (since my flight was 630am so arrived 9am at the hotel, decided to eat breakfast first to have plenty of energy). It's really GOOD to go late noon time/in the afternoon everything moves fast in the first day and finished everything in less than 3hours. so the whole 1st day medical It was 1130-1230 (1230-2pm BREAK at the Mall) and 2-3:00 pm Done until Immunization Interview and scheduled for vaccine the next day.

MEDICAL EXAM FIRST DAY

1st step: VERIFICATION at the Main Entrance

Before Entering, I approached the Security Guards and they Verified my Documents (they asked for my NVC letter w/the MNL case no. and Schedule of my Interview date at the Embassy)

2nd Step: Fill out Patient Data Sheet and proceed to the Counter at the Reception Area

Although I have already Registered online for my Medical, It took up less of my time to fill out my registration and the person from the Information area just gave me a Form to fill out my BIO. then directed me to the K-Counter at the Reception Area for data encoding, digital picture taking and fingerprint scanning (Right Index finger, 4x) She then told me to pay at the Cashier on the 5th floor.

Req's: Passport, Passport Photocopy, NVC letter (2copies), Appointment Letter/Schedule of Interview at the US Embassy, 1pc. 2x2 Visa Photo with your name written on the back and together with my Online Registration Printed Copy (If you did online Registration)

3rd Step: U.S.A Counter w/vital sign taking

Although the lady told me to go to the cashier, the guard from the 5th floor directed me to the U.S counter and told me to go to the vital signs counter and they took my BP (Blood Pressure) and was asked to take a seat after and wait for my name to be called.

4th Step: Eye test (using Snellen Chart), Height and Weight determination

When my name was called, I was told to go inside the Room to have my eye test done and determine my height and weight. (although I don't have glasses nor wore contact lens, i had a hard time with some small letters.. I guess I really need to get my eyes fixed :P )

5th Step: Radiology

From the 5th floor they told me to go to the 3rd floor for my Chest X-ray. Changed into my gown and went inside the X-ray room. Then after I was told to go to the 4th floor for my Blood test and Urine.

6th Step: Laboratory (for Blood/Urine)

(This is really unforgettable and such a mess i made :unsure:) From the 2nd floor, I went to the counter and told them I'm here for my Blood test.. they we're all looking to me in their confused faces.. and told me "there's no blood test here".. and told them "they told me to go here in the 4th floor to have my blood test.." and boing! told me "sorry this is the 2nd floor, not the 4th" :D I was really embarrassed since I decided to take the stairs from the 3rd floor.. so instead of going up, I went down.. thinking I was still in the 5th floor. lol. :P So from there, They took my Blood test and after that, (another mess) after I had my urine sample, it accidentally slipped on the floor.. (such an embarrassment..) and Nurse told me that she'll give me another specimen cup and told me to be back after drinking lots of water.. (but although I don't wanna waste time) told her that i'll be doing it now since I still gotta go, but when I urinated, just a few drops of urine i was able to provide.. :whistle: But it's still ok though they just need a very few amount. and after my embarrassing mess, they told me to sit down and wait for my name to be called..after less than 5 minutes...

7th Step: Check out Counter

they told me to proceed to the 5th floor.. so when I went there, they told me to be back at 2pm for my Physical Exam

8th Step: Physical Exam conducted by the Doctor

so 10 minutes to 2pm, I arrived at the 5th floor and proceeded at the U.S Counter and told me to wait for my name to be called. After like, 10minutes, they told me to sit down outside the Doctor's room and wait for my turn. So when I entered the Doctor's room, she asked me some questions then asked me to disrobe my clothes, told me to wear a gown, and asked me as well to lower down my gown for Physical check-up. Everything turned fine, and then after changing my clothes, she asked me another set of questions and told me to go down at the 2nd floor for my Immunization Interview.

9th Step Immunization Interview

I went to the counter on the 2nd floor and told them I'm here for my Immunization Interview. So they directly told me to go inside the room for the Doctor is already there and will ask me some Immunization Questions.

Just a tip: Just be Honest w/everything they ask, it's still for your own benefit :)

then after my Immunization Interview, I was asked to go back to the counter, and after that the Lady on the Counter scheduled me to be back at 2pm the next day.

Everything done at 330 pm:) was able to go shopping and had a plentiful dinner w/my Mom and sister(who was already staying in Manila)

MEDICAL EXAM SECOND DAY (The start of the long WAIT)

1st Step: Guard Counter checks my name on their record/master list

The Guard asked me for my receipt (from the Clinic) and Searched for my data on their record.. He then told me to proceed to the Second Floor under Immunizations

2nd Step: Immunization

When I proceeded to the Immunization Section Counter, I was told to sit down and wait for my name to be called. (After 20mins).. I was asked to go to the Immunization Room and before Injecting (3vaccines) the Nurse Interviewed me w/some questions like when's my last period, allergies, hospitalizations..etc.. until we led to the topic on what's my profession and told her I'm a nurse, and she was surprised that she was also talking to her colleague all along :) Anyhow, She gave me my vaccine (3 shots) and then was told to go to the ground floor for the releasing of my Worksheet (Immunization Copy and Xray CD).. this is the last part of the whole thing, but was the LONGEST WAIT during the whole process.. I went down around 230 am and waiting for my name to be called (I was really worried since I have a flight at 630pm back to my Province) so 430pm they called my name and had me sign for me agreeing w/whatever the terms were stated there.. then told me to SIT DOWN again and wait for my name to be called Clock's ticking and every minute I look at the time since Manila is really traffic and very congested.. So 2hrs before I must check-in and 5pm, my name still isn't called.. so i decided to approach one personnel on the Releasing Section and asked if he could do me a favor if he could check on my papers since I still have a 630pm flight.. (thank God to this good Samaritan) he looked for my Data and asked favor for the Counter for Fiance Visa section that I'd be the next one to be released.. so they we're really generous enough and the Nurse from the Counter gave me Final Instructions and what to bring to the Embassy and what to photocopy and in less than 5minutes was able to finish everything and I really looked for the guy who helped me and thanked him and ran outside the clinic, saw my mom really worried that we'll miss our flight.. and THANK GOD the driver from the taxi we rode, had a lot of shortcuts and drove as fast as he could get us to the airport(avoided all traffics) :) and when we we're about to check in, it's already the Final Call! and FINALLY, went safe back home! :)

Hope this helped you guys especially to those who are about to have their Medical Exam at SLEC :)

Just a tip: 1. Don't waste your sleep going to the Clinic very early in the Morning (trust me) if you're not patient enough in waiting. Going during noon time/in the afternoon is a very smooth sail to get things done without any hassles and no hurrying and less worrying! :)

2. It's GOOD if you were able to register online at SLEC. it saves time :) here's their site for online registration: http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs (hover on the ONLINE REGISTRATION link and click)...and voila! fill out all that is required.. open your email, and print the Confirmation Letter :)

Good luck guys! Stay Healthy to avoid delays on your Medical, and petition as well :) God bless!

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you very much for the detailed update. It may be different for me since I'm in a different country but it's still super helpful to know what kind of things they do and ask during those medical interviews. :)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Thank you very much for the detailed update. It may be different for me since I'm in a different country but it's still super helpful to know what kind of things they do and ask during those medical interviews. :)

You're welcome VeeNDee! Just want to do this as a help "in return" since I've mostly been relying on VJ regarding the medical Walk through and really helped me gain a lot of ideas on what to expect :) Good luck on your journey!

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

Nice review. :thumbs: Congratulations for clearing this part of your journey! :dance: Let us know how your interview goes. Good luck!

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

Nice review. :thumbs: Congratulations for clearing this part of your journey! :dance: Let us know how your interview goes. Good luck!

Congratulations and nice St. Luke's Medical walk-through. Next step interview!!

Good Luck and God Bless!!

Thank you guys! :) and now, off to the next step.. Interview! :) Thanks to you all. VJ is a helping community and I don't know how i'd be able to handle this w/o your help! God bless us all :)

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

8th Step: Physical Exam conducted by the Doctor

so 10 minutes to 2pm, I arrived at the 5th floor and proceeded at the U.S Counter and told me to wait for my name to be called. After like, 10minutes, they told me to sit down outside the Doctor's room and wait for my turn. So when I entered the Doctor's room, she asked me some questions then asked me to disrobe my clothes, told me to wear a gown, and asked me as well to lower down my gown for Physical check-up. Everything turned fine, and then after changing my clothes, she asked me another set of questions and told me to go down at the 2nd floor for my Immunization Interview.

Congratulations!

Do you remember the questions the doctor asked?

I-129F Sent : 2012-03-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-07-12

Interview : 2012-09-05

Visa delivered: 2012-09-12

Arrived in US: 2012-10-18

Marriage: 2012-12-10

AOS

Sent: 12/17/12

NOA : 12/24/12

Biometrics: 1/15/12

AP Approved: 2/8/12

Timeline

Congratulations!

Do you remember the questions the doctor asked?

Thanks :) Most questions are medically related. So she asked things like: previous hospitalizations, allergies, if your diabetic, if you have high blood, if when's the first day of your last menstruation (for female) so most questions are just answerable. and no worries, she'll just check you from head to toe :) Good luck on your journey!

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for posting this. There are only reviews of the embassy on here. I'm gonna forward the link to my fiance so she knows what to expect. She is definitely going with her mother, but was thinking of taking something like super ferry there. Might be better because the timing issue you had. We'll see.

Timeline

Thanks for posting this. There are only reviews of the embassy on here. I'm gonna forward the link to my fiance so she knows what to expect. She is definitely going with her mother, but was thinking of taking something like super ferry there. Might be better because the timing issue you had. We'll see.

No problem. It's better if she plans her trip to Manila More than 3 days. The 2nd day of the Medical eats up most of your time. and if it hadn't been through the help of the Releasing officer which made me finish my papers on time, I'd be stuck there till 7pm and will miss my flight. And it's better if your fiance goes to SLEC lunch time/in the afternoon. Its just a waste of time if she goes there very early and ends up waiting every step.. Mine was really fast since I went there almost lunch time. Good luck guys! :)

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

There is also a nice and detailed walk through pinned to the Philippines Regional Forums.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

• 2 weeks later...

No problem. It's better if she plans her trip to Manila More than 3 days. The 2nd day of the Medical eats up most of your time. and if it hadn't been through the help of the Releasing officer which made me finish my papers on time, I'd be stuck there till 7pm and will miss my flight. And it's better if your fiance goes to SLEC lunch time/in the afternoon. Its just a waste of time if she goes there very early and ends up waiting every step.. Mine was really fast since I went there almost lunch time. Good luck guys! :)

You are the second VJer who gave advice on going to SLEC at noon or in the afternoon. I'm really glad to know I can do that when my turn comes. A lot of those who shared their SLEC experience said we should go there at 6am or even earlier and I was really worried about that because I don't think it would be safe going out of the hotel at dawn or early morning, specially in the Ermita area. Thank you for your brief but complete walk-through. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are the second VJer who gave advice on going to SLEC at noon or in the afternoon. I'm really glad to know I can do that when my turn comes. A lot of those who shared their SLEC experience said we should go there at 6am or even earlier and I was really worried about that because I don't think it would be safe going out of the hotel at dawn or early morning, specially in the Ermita area. Thank you for your brief but complete walk-through. :)

Going early allows for getting the medical done in one day if there are no issues. My fiancee went early and completed her medical in one day, shots, everything.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Going early allows for getting the medical done in one day if there are no issues. My fiancee went early and completed her medical in one day, shots, everything.

Hi guys! It all depends on you on which gives u convenience.. as for me, i'd prefer going in the afternoon so not to keep me from those long wait coz in the afternoon it gets u done in around 2 hours and the next day you'd be back in the afternoon so if you want to get things done in a day (if your lucky enough) so you can still go early in the morning. :) if in the morning, you get things done (i suppose) but you'd be more on the waiting part inside SLEC..as to the afternoon, everything is fast and after every test you can move on to the other. so it's very convenient.. :) Good luck to all who's having their medical. stay healthy and God bless!

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

Timeline

and oh, tues-thurs is the best days to be having your medical. Friends told me Monday and Friday are the most hectic :)

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.