Freedove7

Im ashamed of myself for quitting my first job..I need uplifting words

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I feel like a quitter...I felt misplaced,used and unhappy...I feel socially akward...

Was that before or after you realized you were a Walmart greeter? Do you have any firearms in your house?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Go ask for your job back and just explain things to your boss as you did to us. That you're overwhelmed with all the adjustments, etc. I'd imagine she'll understand. If she doesn't, you got some good advice for job searching already. I really can't add to it other than...when you go out searching, put on your best outfit and be lookin GOOD :dance: I used to have a really cute suit I called my "lucky suit" because every time I would wear it to interviews , I seemed to always get the job :lol:

when you go out searching, put on your best outfit and be lookin GOOD :dance: I used to have a really cute suit I called my "lucky suit" because every time I would wear it to interviews , I seemed to always get the job :lol:

Getting a job is not the problem, the issue is she doesn't want to work and when she did was shocked that the work environment isn't sitting eating cookies and watching Duck Dynasty.

Filed: Country: Haiti
Timeline

Go ask for your job back and just explain things to your boss as you did to us. That you're overwhelmed with all the adjustments, etc. I'd imagine she'll understand. If she doesn't, you got some good advice for job searching already. I really can't add to it other than...when you go out searching, put on your best outfit and be lookin GOOD :dance: I used to have a really cute suit I called my "lucky suit" because every time I would wear it to interviews , I seemed to always get the job :lol:

I did and he wants to see me tomorrow morning ! Wish me luck :)

Getting a job is not the problem, the issue is she doesn't want to work and when she did was shocked that the work environment isn't sitting eating cookies and watching Duck Dynasty.

Ok really funny !

The manager wants to see me tomorrow morning ! i am so confused.A big part of me wants to stay at home,the other part wants some financial independence.Oh boy.Im a total mess

Adjustment of Status from TPS to Permanent Resident

Married on December 28,2007 <3

01/18/2012 Sent I130 to USCIS

0/25/2012 NOA received

04/11/2012 Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

04/17/2012 NOA recieved

4/23/2012 Biometric Appointment notice received

5/4/2012 Biometrics completed & the real waiting game begins !

Filed: Timeline

I think you have to approach your next job with different expectations. And understand that it can take time (months) to feel as though you fit in to a new team of people.

This is my standard approach to a new job:

In my head I split my thinking about it into two 3-month halves.

For the first three months I expect to find it difficult and hard while I get used to the new place, people and rules. When it gets tough in those first three months I remind myself that it's often tough in a new job, it's just part of the process and it's going to get better.

At the three-month-mark (which I mark in my diary) I assess the situation. If it's really bad at this point, I make a commitment to do three more months but to also start looking for a new job at the same time.

At the six-month-mark I assess the situation again. Every single time I've done this I've found that I've hit my stride, made at least one good friend in the company and am generally happy with the job. However if I had not been I would also have had several good leads for the next job.

I'm also pretty structured in my job hunt strategy. I call it 4x4. For the first four days of each week I aim to do four things a day towards the job hunt. They can be pretty small things - make a call, update a part of a resume, buy a trade magazine. Or bigger - create a website, have a meeting with a mentor etc.

Then for the last three days of the week I relax and try not to think about the job hunt to give myself a breather. It might not work for everyone but I find it keeps the ball rolling and I find it's also possible to do while working your current job.

I like your strategy and I shall apply it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ok really funny !

The manager wants to see me tomorrow morning ! i am so confused.A big part of me wants to stay at home,the other part wants some financial independence.Oh boy.Im a total mess

Wait.. You work part time and have 45 minutes break in total?

Don't blame your past for not wanting to adjust to work. Go back, and search for employment other places while still working there. Maybe things will improve. You have no work experience to compare it to.

To put things in perspective, I work part time, 30 hours. I have no break. I chose it that way because I really don't want to waste 30 minutes at work just sitting down when I can do the same at home, just 30 minutes earlier instead. I absolutely adore to experience something rather than asking my husband 200 questions about his day. He likes that I contribute to the conversation, and that I can pay for my own junk, gadgets, makeup etc. - I enjoy the freedom of not having to ask my husband for money.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Was that before or after you realized you were a Walmart greeter? Do you have any firearms in your house?

That's just mean and full of spite. grrrr

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ok really funny !

There could be no retail establishment this desperate to consider hiring this girl back.whistling.gif

Timeline

Wait.. You work part time and have 45 minutes break in total?

Don't blame your past for not wanting to adjust to work. Go back, and search for employment other places while still working there. Maybe things will improve. You have no work experience to compare it to.

To put things in perspective, I work part time, 30 hours. I have no break. I chose it that way because I really don't want to waste 30 minutes at work just sitting down when I can do the same at home, just 30 minutes earlier instead. I absolutely adore to experience something rather than asking my husband 200 questions about his day. He likes that I contribute to the conversation, and that I can pay for my own junk, gadgets, makeup etc. - I enjoy the freedom of not having to ask my husband for money.

I like you. Bravo!star_smile.gif

Filed: Timeline

Ok really funny !

Can you do me a favor? Have your Husband logon and meet me in the Off Topic section so we can have a chat :devil:

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

There could be no retail establishment this desperate to consider hiring this girl back.whistling.gif

Retail stores really like to hire attractive people if possible. I imagine if their ratio of ugly folks is high then they might need to balance things out by keeping the pretty ones.

:thumbs: