Ross_s

Tourist Visa Declined, confused and deflated!

148 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Who said he was paying for shelter? He said he was going to go live with friends. Shelter is most likely free. Since he goes to the US so often, he probably wont be doing too much tourist-y things. My husband spends about $200 a month on food. Less some months. $1000/month is totally doable if not paying for shelter.

Shelter is NOT free....how long will his friend tolerate his free loading? about two weeks...and then.....'Oh, 'OP' could you perhaps mow the grass, make dinner, repaint the house or.....be the bartender at my next party to repay our hospitality?"....Leeching off 'friends' for an extended period of time just does not happen...why? Because we are human beings....how much does it cost to go to the movies? ($10 min plus popcorn and soda)...to a restaurant? ($20 a person)...to sightsee? who knows? But the OP is NOT going to spend 6 months at a monastery, praying 18 hours a day....he plans to be a tourist...and being a tourist is EXPENSIVE...even in New Orleans....

It's not your place to question anyone's motives or second guess their story. You're not the sheriff saving the little town from the bad guys. Get over yourself. People are looking to live their lives, have fun, travel, visit friends. You should try it too.

Free healthcare, what are you even talking about?! Your tax payer money I have no doubt is being used in all kinds of wrong ways but people here on VJ have nothing to do with that. Get over it and stop barking at the wrong tree.

Remind those patriotic Americans again....why are we REQUIRED to accept the OP's story at face value????? How do YOU know what his/her true motives are? Answer: You don't. Just because somebody SAYS something does NOT make it true....(disbelievers....please...contact me thru PM so I can sell you a used car)...

Bottom line: To all those American citizens responding to this topic: when was the last time YOU took off for SIX MONTHS to 'goof off' in a foreign country??????? Answer: NEVER....so .... why should a bartender from the UK/Scotland be able to do this realistically???? I'd love to read a LOGICAL, COHERENT explanation as to how this could take place..........................

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have said it before I will say it again. Normal people do not go on vacation for 90-180 days. If you have a job and ties to your country how could you? I have a very flexible job when it comes to time off but other matters such as pets, children, family, etc would prevent me from taking a 90 day vacation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Bottom line: To all those American citizens responding to this topic: when was the last time YOU took off for SIX MONTHS to 'goof off' in a foreign country??????? Answer: NEVER....so .... why should a bartender from the UK/Scotland be able to do this realistically???? I'd love to read a LOGICAL, COHERENT explanation as to how this could take place..........................

Clearly you're just jealous. Sad. There's plenty of Americans "goofing off" all over the world. Realistically. Travel a bit, broaden your mind, meet your fellow Americans "goofing off" in the most random places. They're not bad people! :)

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bartending in Scotland is a minimum wage type job and unlike the US it is not normal to tip in the UK, even more so in Scotland!

On the other hand you can pick up work quite easily, unlike in the US where a good bar man can earn very nice money.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Clearly you're just jealous. Sad. There's plenty of Americans "goofing off" all over the world. Realistically. Travel a bit, broaden your mind, meet your fellow Americans "goofing off" in the most random places. They're not bad people! :)

And those Americans are either independently wealthy or have a trust fund....the average American wage earner does NOT take a six month vacation in europe, backpacking or not.....welcome to the real world....

Bartending in Scotland is a minimum wage type job and unlike the US it is not normal to tip in the UK, even more so in Scotland!

On the other hand you can pick up work quite easily, unlike in the US where a good bar man can earn very nice money.

Like I said.......the real world.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

And those Americans are either independently wealthy or have a trust fund....the average American wage earner does NOT take a six month vacation in europe, backpacking or not.....welcome to the real world....

No, that's often not the case. Americans can be as resourceful as people of any other nationalities when it comes to low budget traveling. Granted, the "average" American probably doesn't have a passport and would be scared to go anywhere but luckily there's plenty who do. You don't need a trust fund to travel overseas for a few months.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324138-some-guidance-needed/ :hehe:BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: I figured something like this would happen when I read that the interviewer asked OP why 6 months and the OP 'ifed' one too many times. This guy wants to live in the US not visit so he's looking for a loophole where he doesn't have to marry some brod he finds repulsive to get some form of residence.

Right now anyone who attempts to justify anything in Ross_s' story after checking out the linked posted I assume would take a dollar right out of my pocket.

Edited by aaydrian

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

It's not your place to question anyone's motives or second guess their story. You're not the sheriff saving the little town from the bad guys. Get over yourself. People are looking to live their lives, have fun, travel, visit friends. You should try it too.

Free healthcare, what are you even talking about?! Your tax payer money I have no doubt is being used in all kinds of wrong ways but people here on VJ have nothing to do with that. Get over it and stop barking at the wrong tree.

Maybe yoiu should really read OP's earlier thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324138-some-guidance-needed/ before you post anything defending him.

Unless you're so clueless that 2+2=?

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Shelter is NOT free....how long will his friend tolerate his free loading? about two weeks...and then.....'Oh, 'OP' could you perhaps mow the grass, make dinner, repaint the house or.....be the bartender at my next party to repay our hospitality?"....Leeching off 'friends' for an extended period of time just does not happen...why? Because we are human beings....how much does it cost to go to the movies? ($10 min plus popcorn and soda)...to a restaurant? ($20 a person)...to sightsee? who knows? But the OP is NOT going to spend 6 months at a monastery, praying 18 hours a day....he plans to be a tourist...and being a tourist is EXPENSIVE...even in New Orleans....

Free loading? He and his friends had plans! Its not like he's going to show up at their door and tell his friends to get the couch ready! I would, AND HAVE, let a friend stay with me for 6 months. 8 to be exact. I didn't ask him to do anything around the house. He DID do dishes and take out the trash. But that doesn't cost him MONEY which was the whole point of my post. You are WAY off base to say that someone in the US can't live off of $1000/month. ESPECIALLY if housing is free. People with families to feed and rent to pay live off that every day in the US. You should open up your eyes and educate yourself a bit more on the way people live in this country. You sound bitter like maybe someone took advantage of you at some point.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Why do you want to stay there longer in the USA? Are you working illegally? For B-2, getting the maximum stay of 3 or 6 months frequently plus your approved extensions of additional 3 or more months is already raising eyebrows to consul officer . When your visa expires, it may no longer be renewed. I doubt if it will be included in new "drop box for visa" law. They will be asking questions how come these full 3 months? Why the extension? What hotel, etc. ?Are you paid to do work in your US relatives home? Can you reason that out?

Sorry, but that woman did NOT do anything....YOU did....look at the totally illogical nature of your request...

(a) a bartender does NOT get 6 months paid vacation

(b) there is no realistic possibility that your 'job' will be kept on hold during your 6 month 'vacation.'

© bartending is a very portable job....one that can easily be continued in the US

(d) $7000 would not last 8 weeks while 'vacationing' in the US...and no, no one is going to believe that your friends will foot the bill for your food, housing and entertainment for that entire period....no one has friends like that.

(e) your uncertain, shifting answer as to why you 'must' spend 6 months in the US, backtracking to 90 days or maybe more than 90, etc...did little to establish confidence in the VO.

(F) the denial is NOT the fault of the VO....after all, who was the applicant? You. Who has the responsibility of convincing a VO of your true intentions? You.

Whose 'fault' was this denial? Yours. Period. Trying to blame a nameless, faceless person won't (a) change the decision nor (b) generate any useful sympathy.

Bottom line: a six month 'vacation' for someone of working age makes little sense. And $7000 is a pittance for supporting one's self for six months in the US.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.