Ross_s

Tourist Visa Declined, confused and deflated!

148 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I assume your Girlfriend can travel under the VWP and would have no issues with ESTA.

As far as you are concerned I am not clear if you updated ESTA with your visa denial. If you did not and travelled and entered then I have no idea what would happen next. I have never seen someone do that.

You do not have to wait, you can apply for a new ESTA today and see what happens.

If you did not update ESTA and are declined then I would guess that another B2 application would result in an ever quicker no.

Yeah she's able to travel using the VWP.

I didn't update my ESTA prior to travel, it was flagged upon arrival by the port authority. But I was still permitted entry by the agent who believed the innocence of my trip after checking some documentation and my bank statement.

So yeah I'd be applying for a brand new ESTA as my previous one expired in November.

But what I'm really wondering is, if my ESTA is declined this time would a B2 application be pointless?

And if granted a B2 for this trip will I have to apply for a B2 every time I wish to go on Holiday to the US?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

But what I'm really wondering is, if my ESTA is declined this time would a B2 application be pointless?

And if granted a B2 for this trip will I have to apply for a B2 every time I wish to go on Holiday to the US?

Never pointless, I have seem some weird things. But a long shot.

The normal B2 is 10 years multi entry, sometimes they are issued for a shorter period single entry.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Never pointless, I have seem some weird things. But a long shot.

The normal B2 is 10 years multi entry, sometimes they are issued for a shorter period single entry.

Ok this was the message I got.

Authorization Pending
Your travel authorization is under review because an immediate determination could not be made. This response does not indicate negative findings. A determination will be available within 72 hours. Return to this website to retrieve and view the ESTA status of a previously submitted authorization for one or for a group of two or more persons.

So I'm guessing it'll be passed to someone who makes a decision it.

Hopefully given my travel history having entered the country on an ESTA and leaving with no issues multiple times. And also that I was permitted entry after having been declined a B2 should work in my favour?

At the end of the day nothing is booked so I'm not at any financial loss if it doesn't work out my way. But It'd be really gutting to be faced with the prospect of not being able to go on Holiday and visit my friends in future.

I really wish I never applied for the B2 visa in the first place really dumb move that I'm gonna no doubt be made to regret for a long time.

Yeah I guess I can forget about any future vacations to the U.S by the looks of things!

Travel Not Authorized

You are not authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. You may be able to obtain a visa from the Department of State for your travel. Please visit the United States Department of State website at www.travel.state.gov for additional information about applying for a visa.

Well if you don't apply you won't get it. I say apply.

Your ESTA was denied because the B2 visa was denied.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Well if you don't apply you won't get it. I say apply.

Your ESTA was denied because the B2 visa was denied.

When I arrived at the port authority I had letters from my many friends in the US offering to be legally held responsible if I failed to return to the UK.

I'm not sure how effective they really were but the port authority called my friend that I was going to stay with to verify details before allowing me to continue my journey.

Those letters were worthless but corroborating your story with a friend is valuable. They do that.

I'm surprised with such suspicious letters that they let you in though. There is no such "legality" that could hold them responsible anyway.

Who brings a trunkful of letters? That's weird, man.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Those letters were worthless but corroborating your story with a friend is valuable. They do that.

I'm surprised with such suspicious letters that they let you in though. There is no such "legality" that could hold them responsible anyway.

Who brings a trunkful of letters? That's weird, man.

I was advised to do so by a senior member of this forum.

I was advised to do so by a senior member of this forum.

Well you're almost a senior member of this forum smile.png It doesn't take a lot. And the member status is silly- it just shows the amount of posts, not the quality of those posts.

I'm mostly teasing, it doesn't really matter. But they can't hold your friends liable for your actions, so those promises mean nothing. And having a bunch of letters vouching for you before you get there sounds like you know you'll have trouble. Seems suspicious to me.

But oh well, it's over, you got in.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Yeah that one time...

I guess my trips to the US are as good as over.

I'm not overly skilled in a professional capacity, I don't own any property I rent privately. I'm not married and don't have children so there's not really anyway I can prove that I must return to the UK.

It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Yeah that one time...

I guess my trips to the US are as good as over.

I'm not overly skilled in a professional capacity, I don't own any property I rent privately. I'm not married and don't have children so there's not really anyway I can prove that I must return to the UK.

It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Oh, cheer up :)

This is merely temporary. In 6 months or a year your ESTA might go back to approved, and I still think you should apply for a B2 now. If denied again then wait a year or two and try ESTA. Good luck to you.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have no immediate plans so you can wait. Try ESTA again when you have and then if that fails take a view on the B2.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.