gretchen_darren

food likes and hates

99 posts in this topic

Well, he is narcissistic. He's like "I want to help her to feel comfortable, but hey wait, I don't want to compromise." Geez, makes me think that he chose his wife because he can control her pretty easy. Complain about all the money he spent and wasted because she doesn't want to eat what he likes, then he should just limit his food-in take so he doesn't keep spending, he knows his wife pregnant and have sensitive palate.

Again, I don't want to give marriage advice, but perhaps they could do things like my wife and I do. She takes care of the budget, she makes the shopping list, she decides when we're going shopping, she decides where we're going, she decides what we're buying, and she let's me follow along in the supermarket and push the cart.

Maybe let Gretchen make more family decisions would help.

ETA: she does let me pick out my own breakfast cereal. :thumbs:

Edited by B_J

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Again, I don't want to give marriage advice, but perhaps they could do things like my wife and I do. She takes care of the budget, she makes the shopping list, she decides when we're going shopping, she decides where we're going, she decides what we're buying, and she let's me follow along in the supermarket and push the cart.

Maybe let Gretchen make more family decisions would help.

ETA: she does let me pick out my own breakfast cereal. :thumbs:

That's the reason why I usually do my shopping with my husband. And I don't have to carry the bags inside the house because its heavy. Hehehe.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

That's the reason why I usually do my shopping with my husband. And I don't have to carry the bags inside the house because its heavy. Hehehe.

Darren should give it a try. Just follow Gretchen around the store and let her be in charge. And carry the bags inside, of course.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

My wife does most of the cooking, and she knows what I don't like to eat because I informed her when we first met (I hate condiments like ketchup/mustard/mayo/etc.). She typically makse two version of her cultural dishes for us, and I do the same thing when I cook during the weekend (I like things spicy and sushi, she does not). I think it's all about compromise.

We don't go out to each much, because she believes in home cooked meals. Healthy food is generally more expensive, but it's worth it to us. Since Darren mentioned about eating together as a family (which is a good thing if you have time), but another activity I suggest doing together is exercise (whether it be joining a gym, walking, hiking, and etc.). My wife kills me with her 2 hour long walks.

Excercise? I'll research that while I have another bowl of chocolate ice cream. :whistle:

Excercise? I'll research that while I have another bowl of chocolate ice cream. :whistle:

Walking to the freezer to get the ice cream counts as exercise. :thumbs:

First, you should always make sure to tell everybody on VJ every time Chinook does something wrong like that. She definitely needs to do everything just like you do it.

Second, I believe the ice cream problem is a tribal issue. You should probably consult the village elders for help with that. Let them know how she's been acting and see what advice they give. Buy boats if necessary. But, again, make sure that everybody on VJ knows all the details.

Third, your Filipina eats ice cream? My Filipina eats ice cream too? That must mean all Filipinas eat ice cream. But, my Filipina doesn't really go for vanilla. Does that mean mine is the conservative, province Filipina or did I get one of the liberal, big city Filipinas?

Fourth, I must stress this to you one more time. Always share with us whenever Chinook does something wrong. This is the key to a happy marriage; sharing private issues with total strangers. :thumbs:

:lol: I read it 3 times and I'm still :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First, you should always make sure to tell everybody on VJ every time Chinook does something wrong like that. She definitely needs to do everything just like you do it.

Second, I believe the ice cream problem is a tribal issue. You should probably consult the village elders for help with that. Let them know how she's been acting and see what advice they give. Buy boats if necessary. But, again, make sure that everybody on VJ knows all the details.

Third, your Filipina eats ice cream? My Filipina eats ice cream too? That must mean all Filipinas eat ice cream. But, my Filipina doesn't really go for vanilla. Does that mean mine is the conservative, province Filipina or did I get one of the liberal, big city Filipinas?

Fourth, I must stress this to you one more time. Always share with us whenever Chinook does something wrong. This is the key to a happy marriage; sharing private issues with total strangers. :thumbs:

:bonk::rofl:

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My groceries are triple (easily) what they used to be... I have gone from $200 per month to near $600 per month. I can't afford $600 per month then add in Baby needs... Then you take out the food I have thrown out. One week, I threw $120 in steaks into the garbage, not including, soups, potato salad, lunch meat, lettuce, fish, vegetables, etc. I never said a word about it.... it hurts to throw out that much money... it also hurts worse when trying to make food and the only one eating it is you.... asawa ko seems to accept it, but I come from backwoods country... I try to eat her food. I try to learn....

Really? You can't figure this #### out yourself?? I can't wait for the thread on diaper changing. Why the hell would you buy all that food at one time for her to try and see if she likes it? Use your tribal knowledge and all your experiences from the PI when you were there for a couple weeks and figure out that typically Filipino's buy for that day or maybe two days. $120 steaks?? BS or your an idiot!

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.