gretchen_darren

food likes and hates

99 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well Hawaii is not all that it cracked up to be. It is very expensive to live here. When we visited Texas, we roughly calculated that food in the store was bout half of what we pay here. Gas, rent, and the electric bill on of the highest in the nation. Also it can be hard non-Ilocanos without family here to fit it. It reminds of the clickes you see in high-school. Also there is growing problem of racism towards white people from the mainland here. Home is where the heart is, and I think Filipinos can thrive and live just about anywhere.

awww... and I wanted to come live in Hawaii..... guess a Kano would have problems....

of course then again... lots of fruits and veggies plus eating a lot of sesfood.... doubt if it would be absolute paradise for me......but asawa ko would love it.... be like home....

Edited by gretchen_darren

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

awww... and I wanted to come live in Hawaii..... guess a Kano would have problems....

of course then again... lots of fruits and veggies plus eating a lot of sesfood.... doubt if it would be absolute paradise for me......but asawa ko would love it.... be like home....

Well the anti-Haole thing is bad, but it depends on how the person is. If the person comes here like the stupid kano stereotype then problems may arise. Yet I have seem whites here just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also the job market here is service based and does not pay well versus the cost of living. However we do need doctors, and they make less here. Also we have a lot of American food here too.

Timeline

Well the anti-Haole thing is bad, but it depends on how the person is. If the person comes here like the stupid kano stereotype then problems may arise. Yet I have seem whites here just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also the job market here is service based and does not pay well versus the cost of living. However we do need doctors, and they make less here. Also we have a lot of American food here too.

hehe... only Emergency service trained. :( Not a Doctor... I am computers... more of a manager of engineers (and doing technical work as well.) Salt water might corrode me and wash me away....

Life is so much fun.... stopped at burger King last night... she wanted nothing...asawa ko ate a fruit salad instead over at the "family" house.... today I take her to costco...her question "what is costco? what is bulk buying? why do people collect things?". :rofl: last question I will make another post for.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

mmmm...yes :hehe:

Baby..what's the name of that recipe? Is it a well known recipe in PI? :blink:

Honey, it's called Budbod, and yes, it is a very well known recipe in the Philippines. It is typically made out of either Glutinous Rice and / or Casava. Mom prefers (ground) Corn (with different fillings) and it is delish. :star: Just like the Tamales. :)

1aaakabog1.jpg

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Gretchen...I'm glad Darren is the last person on the planet you listen to regarding diet. :thumbs:

Maybe thats why she have dilemma with the food here, he's been feeding her fastfood #######. She should cook, more healthy than fastfood or resto.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

That 's not cool. Why do you need to bring that up in a moment of happiness? :bonk:

Because when people air their dirty laundry the way he did it's gonna come back and bite them in the #### and it's their own fault that they put it that out there in the open ? :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

When he was first on this website, Darren was whining about getting his petition expedited due to a grave humanitarian emergency: Gretchen was eating only fish, rice, vegetables, and fruit. :lol:

Darren vowed to work with the U.S. Congress to get the humanitarian rules changed so that Gretchen could come to the U.S. quickly and start eating burgers, buffalo wings, and sloppy joes...you know...health food! :lol:

I wonder how much progress Darren is making with Congress... :lol:

:pop:

I mean... Not trying to be mean but you have seen Darren... I wouldn't be surprised if that really was his definition of healthy food

That 's not cool. Why do you need to bring that up in a moment of happiness narcissism. :thumbs:

Fixxored. :jest:

Timeline

burger king was the last place on the last place on the list... Applebee's, Chili's, Red Lobster, Steak, pinnacle peak patio, I tossed out a lot of places....she just wasn't hungry from eating the fruit salad earlier.... so I went through drive through for dinner....burger king was not the first option on the list... just didn't want to go out and have her staring at me while eating.... so much for a "dinner date" ....

food is just hard. she has a lot of food she likes, and food I like...very little is the same.... sometimes it is but normally it isn't... just makes meals hard.... keep on trying.... but not easy.... I try cooking but sometimes she is just not interested.... a lot of it has to do with what "smells" good to her... and most American food does not smell good to her right now.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

....she just wasn't hungry from eating the fruit salad earlier....

^^^ Why didn't you join Gretchen in having fruit salad for dinner?

... just didn't want to go out and have her staring at me while eating....

^^^ Why can't Gretchen talk during dinner?

:huh:

why do people collect things?". :rofl: last question I will make another post for.....

and look what's happened...

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.