gretchen_darren

food likes and hates

99 posts in this topic

I am also trying to find out which is "pregnancy superstition" related or just "diet" related. (she likes the food, but because of being pregnant or scared of gaining weight, chooses not to eat the food.)

Why don't you ask your wife? :blink:

I do ask asawa ko. However, sometimes I just have to guess.

So, what does she say?

And why won't she talk to you other times?

:pop:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Food has been the hardest thing for us. I have been compiling a list of likes and don't likes with asawa ko. I am also trying to find out which is "pregnancy superstition" related or just "diet" related. (she likes the food, but because of being pregnant or scared of gaining weight, chooses not to eat the food.)

here is a brief list

fried chicken, fried shrimp, french fries, boiled fish, grilled steak, grilled chicken, grilled pork, coconut milk soup, manila mangoes, bananas, rice, teppan-yaki shrimp, squid, lechon, pencit, tomatoes, green beans, ice cream, smoothies, grapes, apples, hot cocoa, coffee (a no no right now), sprite, 7-up, coke, fanta, yokult, japanese soda, rice pudding, ramen noodles, honeycrisp (honeycomb), cocoa roos, butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chicken wings (plain), chips and salsa, pork and beans, salted fish, waffles, pancakes, tapa, sweet potatoes, vanilla cake, lime potato chips, regular potato chips,

Don't Like:

Dill pickles, tacos, hamburgers (maybe the dill pickles), burritos, mashed potatoes, american spaghetti, lasagna, mac and cheese, sliced lunch meats (turkey and ham), coleslaw, potato salad, thai peanut curry, root beer, pepper jack cheese, buffalo wings, bbq wings, pizza, red beans and rice, fried rice, zucchini, american squash, eggs (since becoming pregnant),

unknown:

lettuce, pot pies, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, lemons, mexican limes, milk, shepherd's pie, potato skins, goulash, meatloaf, beef stew, chicken and dumplings, roast beef sandwiches, subway sandwiches, soups (tomato, vegetable, etc), grilled vegetables, chicken alfredo, chicken ala king, chicken kiev, ribs, fried fish (cod/haddock), chicken salad, seafood salad, tuna salad, salmon, lox, bagels, cream cheese, hot dogs, ranch dressing, Cheese (American, Colby, provolone, Parmesan, sharp cheddar), chili, spanish rice, refied beans, chimichangas, chinese food, fried mozzarella sticks, baked potato, watermelon, apple pie, apple crisp, italian beef,

I guess you did not do your homework.

You are missing the most nutritional veggies:

asparagus, watercress, radish, and celery.

My wife without trying said 'yuck to that". Once I started to prepare them my way, she ask for more.

Go figure.

Timeline

After all that mambo jumbo you went through you're now having a child?WOW... Talk about a bad idea. And people,before you jump me read his archive

That 's not cool. Why do you need to bring that up in a moment of happiness? :bonk:

Jena's tastes didn't really change during pregnancy. She had been in the US for about 4 years before we decided it was time to stop being so careful. Her tastes had already changed quite a bit. We only eat rice once or twice a week, usually for Sunday breakfast or when we run out of bread and potatoes. We grill most of our food during nice weather and often grill during the winter too. Throw a whole chicken on the grill for about an hour, it's easy, cheap, and delicious. Buy a whole pork loin and slice it up. Again, it can be very inexpensive and delicious. We steam or grill all of our vegetables besides fresh salads. We almost never fry food at home.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

Rice is the staple here. She also can get fresh Filipino Gulay and fruit at the farmers market here. She likes Asian food too, which is dominat food style here. Yet she likes a lot of more typical American food as well. She has yet to complain of not being to get Filipino food here. I am glad that she other food besides Filipino food. The one food she does not like is raw fish, which is very common to eat here in many ways.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess you did not do your homework.

You are missing the most nutritional veggies:

asparagus, watercress, radish, and celery.

My wife without trying said 'yuck to that". Once I started to prepare them my way, she ask for more.

Go figure.

she has just seen those in the store.... not something she has had before... lots of new food to her... trying to be patient and take my time.... can't just throw new food at her everyday. I try to introduce one new dish a week now, or just something different in a way to make something. I keep on trying to wander down different roads...seeing which food she likes... but then again. I will wander down the same roads after pregnancy as well.... because of the food I like....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Something Monreal loves is Spagetti squash. i am happy she likes it because it is insanely healthy. throw in her recipe of spagetti sauce and you will be sitting on the couch sweating feeling like a fatty. The good part is that you can eat a bunch of it and it won"t hurt you.

Darren i think its good that you just go with the flow on her eating because she is pregnant. Less stress there is, the better the pregnancy. When Monreal first got here i tried to get her to try new food, but the first time she griped at me about trying to force her to eat, i backed off. Now a year later she is gripping at me because i am not trying to convince her to eat more foods. To quote Tom Arnold "Women, can't live with them. Can't kill them" :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Darren, I've given birth twice. Ate a lot of rice during those pregnancies and never develop (gestational) diabetes. Who told you that or where did you get this info?

Take two seconds and do a google search...

... or read the post where I provided links to info

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes, just going with the flow on this issue.... taking one step at a time.... food is the least of the issues right now... but overall it affects the budget.... just like everything....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

My wife doesnt really like mexican foods and also refuses to eat red beans with rice, (odd since she loves rice) and doesn't much like the spanish rice.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

she has just seen those in the store.... not something she has had before... lots of new food to her... trying to be patient and take my time.... can't just throw new food at her everyday. I try to introduce one new dish a week now, or just something different in a way to make something. I keep on trying to wander down different roads...seeing which food she likes... but then again. I will wander down the same roads after pregnancy as well.... because of the food I like....

You are doing a great job. Your baby will be pretty healthy. :thumbs:

Rice is the staple here. She also can get fresh Filipino Gulay and fruit at the farmers market here. She likes Asian food too, which is dominat food style here. Yet she likes a lot of more typical American food as well. She has yet to complain of not being to get Filipino food here. I am glad that she other food besides Filipino food. The one food she does not like is raw fish, which is very common to eat here in many ways.

Going on 4 years reading (your posts describing) your life in Hawaii and I have a Q... :star:

Is it wrong.. for me.. to hope a meteor will soar thru the universe,

Meteor.jpg

asteroid-2011-MD.jpg

break thru Earth's atmosphere,

meteorREX2603_468x551.jpg

plunge downward and explode directly on top of Hawaii? :devil:

meteor-hitting-earth.jpg

I mean, I don't want any1 to get hurt :innocent: ...just displaced. :hehe:

Jealous? Yes...yes I am. :hehe:

Going on 4 years reading (your posts describing) your life in Hawaii and I have a Q... :star:

Meteor.jpg

asteroid-2011-MD.jpg

meteor-hitting-earth.jpg

:lol::rofl:

Meteor.jpg

asteroid-2011-MD.jpg

meteor-hitting-earth.jpg

Honey, you are Pasaway but this is hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Well Hawaii is not all that it cracked up to be. It is very expensive to live here. When we visited Texas, we roughly calculated that food in the store was bout half of what we pay here. Gas, rent, and the electric bill on of the highest in the nation. Also it can be hard non-Ilocanos without family here to fit it. It reminds of the clickes you see in high-school. Also there is growing problem of racism towards white people from the mainland here. Home is where the heart is, and I think Filipinos can thrive and live just about anywhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.