gretchen_darren

food likes and hates

99 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Food has been the hardest thing for us. I have been compiling a list of likes and don't likes with asawa ko. I am also trying to find out which is "pregnancy superstition" related or just "diet" related. (she likes the food, but because of being pregnant or scared of gaining weight, chooses not to eat the food.)

here is a brief list

fried chicken, fried shrimp, french fries, boiled fish, grilled steak, grilled chicken, grilled pork, coconut milk soup, manila mangoes, bananas, rice, teppan-yaki shrimp, squid, lechon, pencit, tomatoes, green beans, ice cream, smoothies, grapes, apples, hot cocoa, coffee (a no no right now), sprite, 7-up, coke, fanta, yokult, japanese soda, rice pudding, ramen noodles, honeycrisp (honeycomb), cocoa roos, butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chicken wings (plain), chips and salsa, pork and beans, salted fish, waffles, pancakes, tapa, sweet potatoes, vanilla cake, lime potato chips, regular potato chips,

Don't Like:

Dill pickles, tacos, hamburgers (maybe the dill pickles), burritos, mashed potatoes, american spaghetti, lasagna, mac and cheese, sliced lunch meats (turkey and ham), coleslaw, potato salad, thai peanut curry, root beer, pepper jack cheese, buffalo wings, bbq wings, pizza, red beans and rice, fried rice, zucchini, american squash, eggs (since becoming pregnant),

unknown:

lettuce, pot pies, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, lemons, mexican limes, milk, shepherd's pie, potato skins, goulash, meatloaf, beef stew, chicken and dumplings, roast beef sandwiches, subway sandwiches, soups (tomato, vegetable, etc), grilled vegetables, chicken alfredo, chicken ala king, chicken kiev, ribs, fried fish (cod/haddock), chicken salad, seafood salad, tuna salad, salmon, lox, bagels, cream cheese, hot dogs, ranch dressing, Cheese (American, Colby, provolone, Parmesan, sharp cheddar), chili, spanish rice, refied beans, chimichangas, chinese food, fried mozzarella sticks, baked potato, watermelon, apple pie, apple crisp, italian beef,

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

hi !

i'm also pregnant and i've been eating all of those stuff heheh.. tell her not to worry about gaining a weight, in pregnancy she has to gain 15-30 pounds i think.. and coffee? she can drink it just 1 cup a day no more than that.. it's ok there is no harm to baby. Let her eat whatever she wants hehe ^_^

MAFE AND JERRY FOREVER

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

06.21.16 N-400 application sent thru USPS

06.23.16 Package delivered

06.27.16 NOA

06.28.16 check cashed

07.22.16 biometrics

12.12.16 interview PASSED!!

01-18-17 oath ceremony 

I'M A US CITIZEN!!!

DCF-Us Embassy Manila IR1 Journey

11.27.08 met
03.20.09 married
07.26.11 filed I-130
10.12.11 I-130 APPROVED!!!
10.24.11 medical PASSED!!!
11.14.11 interview APPROVED!!!!!
11.17.11 visa on hand ^_^
11.19.11 POE Houston Texas
11.30.11 receive welcome letter
12.10.11 GC on hand!!!!!

Seems to me,,, most Filipino's (when they come to the USA) aren't really a fan of Mexican Spices (Cumin?), Italian Spices (Oregano?) and

heavy tomato based foods unless they are sweet. That normally subsides quite a bit after a year or so. Then you need to add the pregnancy

factor on top... (Super sensitive smell and taste).

My two centavos for what it is worth.

Regards,

dc

I am also trying to find out which is "pregnancy superstition" related or just "diet" related. (she likes the food, but because of being pregnant or scared of gaining weight, chooses not to eat the food.)

Why don't you ask your wife? :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Food has been the hardest thing for us. I have been compiling a list of likes and don't likes with asawa ko. I am also trying to find out which is "pregnancy superstition" related or just "diet" related. (she likes the food, but because of being pregnant or scared of gaining weight, chooses not to eat the food.)

here is a brief list

fried chicken, fried shrimp, french fries, boiled fish, grilled steak, grilled chicken, grilled pork, coconut milk soup, manila mangoes, bananas, rice, teppan-yaki shrimp, squid, lechon, pencit, tomatoes, green beans, ice cream, smoothies, grapes, apples, hot cocoa, coffee (a no no right now), sprite, 7-up, coke, fanta, yokult, japanese soda, rice pudding, ramen noodles, honeycrisp (honeycomb), cocoa roos, butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chicken wings (plain), chips and salsa, pork and beans, salted fish, waffles, pancakes, tapa, sweet potatoes, vanilla cake, lime potato chips, regular potato chips,

Don't Like:

Dill pickles, tacos, hamburgers (maybe the dill pickles), burritos, mashed potatoes, american spaghetti, lasagna, mac and cheese, sliced lunch meats (turkey and ham), coleslaw, potato salad, thai peanut curry, root beer, pepper jack cheese, buffalo wings, bbq wings, pizza, red beans and rice, fried rice, zucchini, american squash, eggs (since becoming pregnant),

unknown:

lettuce, pot pies, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit, oranges, lemons, mexican limes, milk, shepherd's pie, potato skins, goulash, meatloaf, beef stew, chicken and dumplings, roast beef sandwiches, subway sandwiches, soups (tomato, vegetable, etc), grilled vegetables, chicken alfredo, chicken ala king, chicken kiev, ribs, fried fish (cod/haddock), chicken salad, seafood salad, tuna salad, salmon, lox, bagels, cream cheese, hot dogs, ranch dressing, Cheese (American, Colby, provolone, Parmesan, sharp cheddar), chili, spanish rice, refied beans, chimichangas, chinese food, fried mozzarella sticks, baked potato, watermelon, apple pie, apple crisp, italian beef,

Same deal here! My wife is pregnant. She never liked Mexican food (except fajita meat, she just eats the meat with her fingers!) She's in her first trimester and the morning sickness is tough. We got her some efficascent oil for her tummy and those sea sick bands for her wrists. They worked good for the nausea. She hasn't been eating as much rice. She loves those nasty fried chicken livers from Chicken Express. Also the superstitions abound; like don't eat eggplant or the baby will be dark skinned, etc.

Try green papaya, green mango, and shrimp paste if you have an asin market. Also she like ginger coffee. I got her Ginger Ale (Canada dry) but she doesn't drink it. I'll message you her email so your wife can connect with her.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why don't you ask your wife? :blink:

I do ask asawa ko. However, sometimes I just have to guess.

It is hard to know what affects her by smell or just taste. Mainly because what smells good to her smells awful to me and vice versa. Smell salted fish, or pancit, or some other Filipino dishes.

We are in the last 7 weeks of pregnancy. the coffee is hard for her, but the doctor recommended it. Asawa ko is allowed only so much fish a week as well.

The other hard part is the rice. This is because of the diabetes Fiilipinas develop during last trimester from eating a lot of rice.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

The other hard part is the rice. This is because of the diabetes Fiilipinas develop during last trimester from eating a lot of rice.

:blink:.... :hehe:.... :lol: .... :rofl:

LINK IT!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

:blink:.... :hehe:.... :lol: .... :rofl:

LINK IT!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Its real and easily searched on google... just not related to Filipinas only (may be more prevalent because of rice being part of every meal) :whistle:

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Its real and easily searched on google... just not related to Filipinas only (may be more prevalent because of rice being part of every meal) :whistle:

I am certainly interested in reading about it. Would you mind providng a real easily searched link? :whistle:

(I'm not disputing diabetes...I'm disputing him targeting Filipinas)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

I am certainly interested in reading about it. Would you mind providng a real easily searched link? :whistle:

(I'm not disputing diabetes...I'm disputing him targeting Filipinas)

Like said its not a Filipina only issue, like he is trying to say, but its real ( I looked it up after reading his post... for sure don't buy what he sells without research.)

http://diabetes.webm...o-diabetes-risk

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/diabetes_in_pregnancy/index.html

http://www.diabeticm...betes-diet.html

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

According to WHO

The Philippines will not even catch up to USA (year 2000) Diabetic population by 2030.

Must be we average US citizens consume more rice than the average Filipino. :whistle:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

According to Who

The Philippines will not even catch up to USA (year 2000)Diabetic population by 2030.

Must be we average US citizens consume more rice than the average Filipino. :whistle:

Its not just rice is ALL carbs. And we for sure consume tons of carbs.... do you want sugar with your sugar or just sugar? :lol:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Its not just rice is ALL carbs. And we for sure consume tons of carbs.... do you want sugar with your sugar or just sugar? :lol:

Bingo. :thumbs:

...and excercise. Too much in and not enough out.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.