Kali & Steven

Travelling to fiance while I-129F under way?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, all!

I'm travelling to N. Ireland in a little under a week for a 5 week stay in the country.

I plan to bring a copy of my NOA1, university ID, and my return travel itinerary.

Do I need to be more? If so, what?

Should I be worried about being denied entry (moreso than usual)? Or does the worry fall to him when he comes over to the US, to prove that he won't stay?

Thanks!

Edited by krypton0891

12/2008 - Met online

4/07/2009 - Started our relationship!

12/13/2010 - Fiance US visit: 3 weeks

06/02/2011 - UK visit: 3 weeks.

12/14/2011 - US visit: 3.5 weeks

01/01/2012 - Engaged!

04/07/2012 - US visit: 2 weeks.

04/21/2012 - Sent out I-129F!

04/24/2012 - Case accepted

04/26/2012 - NOA1 hard-copy received!

04/27/2012 - Touched

05/21/2012 - UK visit: 5 weeks!!

10/22/2012 - NoA2!!!

10/30/2012 - NVC Received

10/31/2012 - Sent to London

11/01/2012 - Packet 3 received

xx/xx/xxxx - Packet 4 received

xx/xx/xxxx - Interview!

event.png

Hello, all!

I'm travelling to N. Ireland in a little under a week for a 5 week stay in the country.

I plan to bring a copy of my NOA1, university ID, and my return travel itinerary.

Do I need to be more? If so, what?

Should I be worried about being denied entry (moreso than usual)? Or does the worry fall to him when he comes over to the US, to prove that he won't stay?

Thanks!

Just answer questions calmly and honestly but don't give more info than they need. Do you have a class schedule you could add to that? Also a bank statement showing you can support yourself would be great. I had a very unpleasant officer at Heathrow when I flew over in November. As soon as she heard the word fiance, she asked for financial info, proof of ties to home, etc. I had my return flight booking info with me and was able to pull up my practice's website, and teaching contract online for her. I told her that I love their country but that because of my career, we were opting to file for an American visa and move to my country. She seemed to relax when I told her we were getting ready to file his paperwork and intended to do everything the legal way. Odds are they won't do the same to you, but wanted you to hear what I had happen this last visit. Don't stress too much and enjoy your trip :)

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.