Gary and Alla

I was waiting for theLiberal Members to post this

69 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A neighborhood watchman doesn't track down suspicious people and confront them. They call the police. Which Zimmerman did, admittedly, but continued to follow the kid afterwards. Zimmerman isn't a cop, he's a freaking volunteer WATCHMAN. What part of that gives him the right to patrol a neighborhood with a gun and follow people and interrogate them?

I know if someone seemingly random guy on the street started following me first in his car, then on foot, I'd be pretty concerned.

I might even freak out and throw a punch or two if I were close enough to be able to. Does that make ME the aggressor or the person who is following me?

If you freaked out and followed him after he'd followed you, then yeah you would be the agressor. Actually you'd be the dead one right now because the neighborhood watchman was smart and was carrying a legal weapon.

There's a simple rule. Don't ** with a total stranger unless you know what they're packing. They could have a knife or a gun, you never know. Don't be surprised when you end up dead though for messing with the wrong person.

Zimmerman was making sure the kid wasn't going to break into someone's house. Followed him to see where he was going. That was his job as a watchman. We have C.O.P. s here (Citizens on Patrol) who even have marked vehicles that will note/follow suspicious characters in neighborhoods. It's why I have no problem with leaving my doors unlocked when I leave the house either. I'm not worried.

The kid was a punk and got what he had coming. He was mad that he was followed, retaliated by following Zimmerman, and got shot for his actions.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

If you freaked out and followed him after he'd followed you, then yeah you would be the agressor. Actually you'd be the dead one right now because the neighborhood watchman was smart and was carrying a legal weapon.

There's a simple rule. Don't ** with a total stranger unless you know what they're packing. They could have a knife or a gun, you never know. Don't be surprised when you end up dead though for messing with the wrong person.

Zimmerman was making sure the kid wasn't going to break into someone's house. Followed him to see where he was going. That was his job as a watchman. We have C.O.P. s here (Citizens on Patrol) who even have marked vehicles that will note/follow suspicious characters in neighborhoods. It's why I have no problem with leaving my doors unlocked when I leave the house either. I'm not worried.

The kid was a punk and got what he had coming. He was mad that he was followed, retaliated by following Zimmerman, and got shot for his actions.

Why would he break into someone's house? Because he was wearing a hoodie and that means he is some punk #### wannabe criminal?

Gotcha.

Sometimes I think I made a mistake moving to this country if this is the mindset here. :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

yes and yes that position. wrestled all through school, competed in several judo tournaments..etc. no, noone ever breaks their fall w/ a clinched fist. ever.

We did. As offensive linemen, we did everything with closed fists, even did knuckle push-ups, three point stance, etc. We liked to avoid running off laps at practice next week getting called for holding penalties during a game. I loved it when I converted over to defensive end from pulling guard, and could finally open my hands.

Timeline

Why would he break into someone's house? Because he was wearing a hoodie and that means he is some punk #### wannabe criminal?

Gotcha.

Sometimes I think I made a mistake moving to this country if this is the mindset here. :unsure:

Look at the history in the neighborhood the weeks prior to this. Crime was up big time.

Again, stranger to the neighborhood as well.

Crime is up + stranger in neighborhood hiding face = suspicious. Ways to be safe:

-Follow to see where headed: Check.

-Call 911: Check.

-If you lose sight, go back to vehicle: Check.

-If attacked, defend yourself: Check.

none of this is hard...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Look at the history in the neighborhood the weeks prior to this. Crime was up big time.

Crime is up + stranger in neighborhood hiding face = suspicious. Ways to be safe:

-Follow to see where headed: Check.

-Call 911: Check.

-If you lose sight, go back to vehicle: Check.

-If attacked, defend yourself: Check.

none of this is hard...

Well you've clearly got it all figured out. Congrats.

Who told Martin?

Martin was a regular visitor to the neighborhood. This was not a predominately white, or owner-occupied, neighborhood.

Timeline

But, Florida has a stand-your-ground law, so I guess that wouldn't be the case, would it?

Stand your ground doesn't mean to kill someone who's following you... It means you don't have to run away from a violent altercation. Unless Zimmerman threw the first punch or had his gun drawn, Martin should have kept walking/called 911 himself. Those were his obligations.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

But, Florida has a stand-your-ground law, so I guess that wouldn't be the case, would it?

yes it would. we can stand nose to nose all day screaming obscenities and threats at each other. the one that decides to escalate to actually making physical contact is the aggressor in the laws eyes.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Stand your ground doesn't mean to kill someone who's following you... It means you don't have to run away from a violent altercation. Unless Zimmerman threw the first punch or had his gun drawn, Martin should have kept walking/called 911 himself. Those were his obligations.

ESL? :unsure:

yes it would. we can stand nose to nose all day screaming obscenities and threats at each other. the one that decides to escalate to actually making physical contact is the aggressor in the laws eyes.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/assault

No physical contact is required, only the threat and the means. Zimmerman had the means, evidently. If his actions, or even his words caused Martin to feel threatened, then he meets the conditions of the stand-your-ground law. Even the authors of the law stated that Zimmerman never did.

Edited by ☼

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/assault

No physical contact is required, only the threat and the means. Zimmerman had the means, evidently. If his actions, or even his words caused Martin to feel threatened, then he meets the conditions of the stand-your-ground law. Even the authors of the law stated that Zimmerman never did.

:rolleyes: ok. we're both guilty of assault for making threats. the one that initiates physical contact is the aggressor in an aggravated assault in the courts eyes.

7yqZWFL.jpg

:rolleyes: ok. we're both guilty of assault for making threats. the one that initiates physical contact is the aggressor in an aggravated assault in the courts eyes.

Sorta. Initiating physical contact is not the same as delivering the first blow. If I raise my hand in anger, that is assault, and allows you to take defensive measures in almost any jurisdiction. Under stand-your-ground rules, all you need is the belief of a reasonable person that I threatened you in some way, and I have the means to carry out the threat.

Sorta. Initiating physical contact is not the same as delivering the first blow. If I raise my hand in anger, that is assault, and allows you to take defensive measures in almost any jurisdiction. Under stand-your-ground rules, all you need is the belief of a reasonable person that I threatened you in some way, and I have the means to carry out the threat.

you can move and blur the line all you want. its not working here & it won't work in court. trayvon had bruised knuckles. zimmerman had wounds consistent with being assaulted.....zimmerman walks

7yqZWFL.jpg