Harsh_77

What is the purpose of this site?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You're trying to say that people who are on a visitor's visa are not allowed to do the household chores of the family they're staying with? That it's ILLEGAL?

What I mean if one is expecting and their mom comes to US for the purpose to help doing household chores, taking care of baby while one is pregnant is illegal as per USCIS.

I have know many many instance where couple wanted one of the parent to come to help with pregnancy and parents were denied B1/2 for the purpose.

What I mean if one is expecting and their mom comes to US for the purpose to help doing household chores, taking care of baby while one is pregnant is illegal as per USCIS.

I have know many many instance where couple wanted one of the parent to come to help with pregnancy and parents were denied B1/2 for the purpose.

My mother does all the cleaning when she visits. She just likes to clean. I couldn't stop her if I wanted to. Should I report her?

Filed: Timeline

My mother does all the cleaning when she visits. She just likes to clean. I couldn't stop her if I wanted to. Should I report her?

When the CO (well let's pretend you're not Canadian) asks her at the interview why she wants to go to the US, she can't say "to clean". That's all it is. It's about intent.

When the CO (well let's pretend you're not Canadian) asks her at the interview why she wants to go to the US, she can't say "to clean". That's all it is. It's about intent.

Right. But when a mother of an expecting girl visits, and helps out by cleaning and taking care of the baby, then that's not ILLEGAL. She's not going there TO clean. She's going there to visit and see her new grandchild, not to clean as if it's an occupation. Mothers help their daughters with their children all the time. Why is it only considered an "occupation" when it's a foreigner?

Filed: Timeline

Right. But when a mother of an expecting girl visits, and helps out by cleaning and taking care of the baby, then that's not ILLEGAL. She's not going there TO clean. She's going there to visit and see her new grandchild, not to clean as if it's an occupation. Mothers help their daughters with their children all the time. Why is it only considered an "occupation" when it's a foreigner?

It's just language. When asked, you say "to see my daughter" and you breeze through. If you say "to clean my daughters house", you messed up. Even when you say "to see my daughter", the COs will often follow up with "what will you do there?" and if you say "i will clean her house and change her babys diapers", you're out. You're supposed to see "to see my daughter" or "moral support" or some bullchit like that.

Basically, don't give the CO a reason to say no and they usually won't.

It's an elementary mistake but people make it all the time.

no need. i just forwarded this thread to the uscis. :hehe:

I hope they know what they're getting themselves into! My mother loves to chat.

It's just language. When asked, you say "to see my daughter" and you breeze through. If you say "to clean my daughters house", you messed up. Even when you say "to see my daughter", the COs will often follow up with "what will you do there?" and if you say "i will clean her house and change her babys diapers", you're out. You're supposed to see "to see my daughter" or "moral support" or some bullchit like that.

Basically, don't give the CO a reason to say no and they usually won't.

It's an elementary mistake but people make it all the time.

Oh, well this I totally understand. What I'm not understand is the people (okay, person) that is actually trying to say that it's illegal to clean someone's house or do their chores for them if you're visiting on a visa.

Edited by Evylin

Timeline

that is crazy.. when I have family come they help with the dishes etc.. My mom even unpacked some boxes for me after we moved.. no way is that illegal :blink:

unpacking the boxes, can movers do it?

Is it something for which prof service is avaliable and considered as a job, if yes than USCIS considers it as a job or working.

Lot of the time ppl try to get away saying they are doing voluntering work and they are not get paid USCIS does not buy that.

Is it something for which prof service is avaliable and considered as a job, if yes than USCIS considers it as a job or working.

Lot of the time ppl try to get away saying they are doing voluntering work and they are not get paid USCIS does not buy that.

wow.

My dad fixes things around the house. I could hire someone to do it, so he broke the law?

Timeline

My dad fixes things around the house. I could hire someone to do it, so he broke the law?

Was purpose of his visit to fix things at your house than "Yes"

Say if your mother comes to US on B1/2 during last trimester or first trimester to help you around the house and take care of the baby than "Yes" they are breaking the law.

Visiting someone and helping with chores is different than visiting someone for the purpose of being a help.

He shouldn't even walk around the house. You should hire an American to pick him up and take him around the house.

:rofl: I like that idea...... employment number needs the boost anyway.