Harsh_77

What is the purpose of this site?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Can we never tell anyone that what they are doing is not right?

Is this just a place for picking collective brain how OP can get thru their immigration situation, let the situation be legal or illegal?

What do you mean? Is this another "entering with intent" thread?

What do you mean? Is this another "entering with intent" thread?

It's another thread about what constitutes illegal grandparent nannying/work on a tourist visa.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's another thread about what constitutes illegal grandparent nannying/work on a tourist visa.

ahhh. It's a fine line hey :S

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Personally, I wish people would just stay that their parents came to visit their grandchild (or them) and end it at that. We all know grandparents will watch the grandchild, cook, clean, and etc. around the house during their visit. What you often hear being posted is that I need my parents to watch/take care of my child. When I hear this, it sounds like that the main purpose of the trip for their parent is babysitting (and it could be further from the truth).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Personally, I wish people would just stay that their parents came to visit their grandchild (or them) and end it at that. We all know grandparents will watch the grandchild, cook, clean, and etc. around the house during their visit. What you often hear being posted is that I need my parents to watch/take care of my child. When I hear this, it sounds like that the main purpose of the trip for their parent is babysitting (and it could be further from the truth).

You, Harpa and Vanessa are right….. this post was based on the USC’s parents comes to visit grandparents on B1/2 and suddenly there is change of mind of USC and now wants to sponsor the parent and go thru AOS process.

They come to this site and ask how that can be done, what they should disclose what they should not tell the officer during interview etc.

In other instance ppl will want to know what they should disclose to CO and officer at POE or how they can take advantage of free Medicaid.

Lately it seems that MODs on this site do not like posters telling the OP what they want to do could be possible wrong… it seems if your post don’t start with “awwwww or I am sorry about your situation” you are the bad person and eventually you will be banned from the thread.

If purpose of this site is just to help poster with loopholes or helping them even when they are wrong… than I need to re-think why I m on this site.

Timeline

You, Harpa and Vanessa are right….. this post was based on the USC's parents comes to visit grandparents on B1/2 and suddenly there is change of mind of USC and now wants to sponsor the parent and go thru AOS process.

They come to this site and ask how that can be done, what they should disclose what they should not tell the officer during interview etc.

In other instance ppl will want to know what they should disclose to CO and officer at POE or how they can take advantage of free Medicaid.

Lately it seems that MODs on this site do not like posters telling the OP what they want to do could be possible wrong… it seems if your post don't start with "awwwww or I am sorry about your situation" you are the bad person and eventually you will be banned from the thread.

If purpose of this site is just to help poster with loopholes or helping them even when they are wrong… than I need to re-think why I m on this site.

Are you saying the mods are allowing illegality?blink.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I read the thread. It's one thing to say my parents came on a visitor visa to visit their grandchild, but what often happens is that people start off saying I need my parent here to take care of my child.

When that is stated, some will/do conclude that that is the main purpose of the trip for the grandparents. I don't know why you would only state that as the main point of the visit. It rubs some people the wrong way. Is baby sitting/nanny considered work?

Filed: Timeline

Is baby sitting/nanny considered work?

If it is a service that you would otherwise pay for, in the terms of a salary, and/or providing room and board, then yes. "Watching" the child(ren) occasionally while the parents step out would be the expected duties of a relative, or friend, but doing so on a regular basis could be construed as employment, which would be an expressly forbidden activity for a tourist. Best test, if the grandparent has to be available at regularly scheduled times, say Monday through Friday while the parents are at work, that is employment.

Timeline

It might help if people viewed the thread in question: http://www.visajourn...75#entry5377175

There is a world of difference between accusing someone of fraud on pure speculation when there is nothing indicated from the facts presented to warrant such a charge and having factual information that indicates fraud is underway. Just because you feel you are right does not mean you are right. Accusing someone of fraud when there are no facts to back up or even lead to this assumption is definitely not Visa Journey's purpose. Cautioning them that certain acts can be fraudulent is fine, accusing them of fraud without evidence isn't.

Kathryn – in none of my post in the thread….anywhere I said OP’s parents were working….my argument with other members of the forum was yes immigration does see certain things as being employed.

Most ppl have notion that when they are not getting paid they are not working… they are just family and helping unfortunately immigration does not see it that way.

From what happen in that thread …. And similar incidents that has happened in past is MOD’s try to shut down ppl who are try to make ppl understand what are the laws and what’s general notion.

I certainly do not agree with MOD’s approach of only penalizing one party….. Charle’s (MOD) explanation was he shut me down coz I was arguing and not helping the OP hence the question is this forum just to point out the loopholes and how ppl can take advantage of the immigration loopholes and policy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ahhh. It's a fine line hey :S

Question???

Is it a fine line when OP posts they are desperate and VJers (with good intentions) suggest to marry a USC. OP never mentioned meeting someone AND even "thanked but no thanked the idea" in a post and still following posts suggest the only way would be to again!!!! Marry a USC.

whoa ??

Why are we suggesting this???

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/368863-please-help-me-really-desperate/

VJ is for Sound visa advise and yes there was some on there. Some even hard for the OP to swallow the truth of his sitution but I am guessing it somehow is going way to far outright suggesting even with sarcastic humor to find and marry a USC. :bonk:

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed,

The 'advice' given in the thread below was inappropriate as it was suggesting immigration fraud and I have since addressed it in the thread. In the below statement, the 'desperate' OP, in that case, said that they were not interested in getting married to stay in the US but want to find a legal way to remain in the US or return to the US to go to school. That is the part of the purpose of VJ - not to give illegal suggestions, but to educate individuals on what are and are not legal options. The majority of the respondents in that thread, thankfully, confined their responses to the situation presented and chastised the poster who suggested getting married for a green card.

The fine line lies in what the facts indicate. The first thread under discussion said basically the grandparent has been to visit several times in the year since her first grandson was born and now would like to stay so she can remain near her grandson. Yes, she helps out, but the focus was not on her staying so she could 'help out and allow the parents to do other things' which would be employment, but it was so she could be closer to her grandson - something with which any grandparent can empathize. Some posters made the 'jump' from 'wanting to be with daughter and grandson' to 'looking after grandson so parents can do something else'.

In the second situation, the OP was out of status having entered legally with parents as a child and is looking forward to higher education. She wants the option to be allowed to enter the US for study or work purposes even though she now she will have a 10 year ban if she leaves the US since she is 19. She is asking advice about waivers and visas - not about committing immigration fraud. It is a legal option to remain in the US upon marriage to a US citizen and it is ok to mention that as an option, but it is not ok to advocate that as an option, which makes it a TOS violation.

These are how the fine lines involved are determined - by looking at the facts of the presented situation.

Question???

Is it a fine line when OP posts they are desperate and VJers (with good intentions) suggest to marry a USC. OP never mentioned meeting someone AND even "thanked but no thanked the idea" in a post and still following posts suggest the only way would be to again!!!! Marry a USC.

whoa ??

Why are we suggesting this???

http://www.visajourn...ally-desperate/

VJ is for Sound visa advise and yes there was some on there. Some even hard for the OP to swallow the truth of his sitution but I am guessing it somehow is going way to far outright suggesting even with sarcastic humor to find and marry a USC. :bonk:

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Agreed,

The 'advice' given in the thread below was inappropriate as it was suggesting immigration fraud and I have since addressed it in the thread. In the below statement, the 'desperate' OP, in that case, said that they were not interested in getting married to stay in the US but want to find a legal way to remain in the US or return to the US to go to school. That is the part of the purpose of VJ - not to give illegal suggestions, but to educate individuals on what are and are not legal options. The majority of the respondents in that thread, thankfully, confined their responses to the situation presented and chastised the poster who suggested getting married for a green card.

The fine line lies in what the facts indicate. The first thread under discussion said basically the grandparent has been to visit several times in the year since her first grandson was born and now would like to stay so she can remain near her grandson. Yes, she helps out, but the focus was not on her staying so she could 'help out and allow the parents to do other things' which would be employment, but it was so she could be closer to her grandson - something with which any grandparent can empathize. Some posters made the 'jump' from 'wanting to be with daughter and grandson' to 'looking after grandson so parents can do something else'.

In the second situation, the OP was out of status having entered legally with parents as a child and is looking forward to higher education. She wants the option to be allowed to enter the US for study or work purposes even though she now she will have a 10 year ban if she leaves the US since she is 19. She is asking advice about waivers and visas - not about committing immigration fraud. It is a legal option to remain in the US upon marriage to a US citizen and it is ok to mention that as an option, but it is not ok to advocate that as an option, which makes it a TOS violation.

These are how the fine lines involved are determined - by looking at the facts of the presented situation.

Kathryn - the point of this thread was recently there has been lot of similar threads where ppl are giving advice like get married and adjust the status or dont worry if you entered on B1/2 or VWP (no poster is going to post that the entered with intention to get married and file for AOS).

Personally my observation has been MOD empathize with the OP and whoever is challenging the OP on similar post are shut down.

Which would mean the forum is indirectly encouraging illegal immigrants.