Yeepmila

my chances to get B-2 visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello I would like to ask somebody, cause I would like to know if I shouldn't even try...

I am 22 years-old female from Czech republic. Last summer I was in USA on j-1 work and travel program. Now I am joining new university since September. I have a enough money on my bank account. My country is in ESTA program, but I would like to travel longer. Has anybody some experience with that situation? Thanks for responses, Mila.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just use the VWP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

VWP (ESTA), It is only for 90 days, I wanna travel longer.

If you are in university, how long can you travel? Ninety days is three months, anything longer is not a vacation, but a staycation. So, are you trying to go on a vacation or trying to stay?

Filed: Timeline

If you are in university, how long can you travel? Ninety days is three months, anything longer is not a vacation, but a staycation. So, are you trying to go on a vacation or trying to stay?

First I wanna visit for a few weeks my friends (around circa October), after passing exams I wanna travel around 4 months since end of May.

Your chnace of getting a B2 for the desire purpose you have stated is slim, You can have mutliple entries with only 90 days stay each. You may need to re-visit your plan and visit and travel accordlly to the 90 day visa plan.

Maximum time for a visitor in the US is 90 days no matter what. Even if your visitor visa is 10 years, you are required to extend after 90 days or leave and come back.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Maximum time for a visitor in the US is 90 days no matter what. Even if your visitor visa is 10 years, you are required to extend after 90 days or leave and come back.

That's totally false. B2 is given 6 months standard.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I would do VWP if I were you. Reason being if you apply for the B-2 and are denied you will likely have trouble using VWP in which case you wouldn't be able to visit at all.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.