Caroline and Phil

Missed my Oath Ceremony thanks to USPS!!!!

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Great news! You made my day and I am glad that the infopass went well!

Now it is time to prepare a passport style photograph for your US passport application after the oath ceremony! :dance:

--

Thank you nwctzn!!!!! :D

Actually I already have these photos because i took them for my interview (March 20) and she never asked for them. So I think I can use them, can't I?

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Thank you nwctzn!!!!! :D

Actually I already have these photos because i took them for my interview (March 20) and she never asked for them. So I think I can use them, can't I?

Yep, a passport photo within the last 6 months can be used.

Congrats again guys!

Oh that's a relief, at least you know you didn't miss your ceremony. :)

So, today I went to my infopass and it was a big success!!!

After some time waiting, my brother in law and I went to the window I was being called. The lady there was so nice, she greeted us with a smile and I explained to her what happened and she said, "Oh that happens all the time, sometimes people even forget because, you know we have a busy life." I said, "really? Wow I would never forget something like that!"

Then she said she would see what she could do and would come back soon.

After some minutes she came back with a big smile, and said, "are you ready? "

I said Yes! and she handed me my new oath letter!!!! Yaaaaaayyyy!!! :dance::dance:

I am so happy.!!!!!! :dance::dance:

My oath ceremony will be on May 31, that is in 2 weeks!!!!! :dance::dance:

Thank God everything went so very well, thank to that sweet lady who does her work so very well and VJ members who help us to solve our issues. :luv:

Oh wow! that is great news! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Now, go pick your ceremony clothes! :)

Scriber, you know what you could do? Same thing I did: call USCIS, listen to what they say (everything you already know LOL), then you say, may I talk to an ISO (Immigration Services Officer). This way the officer can access your information and you will know the exact date. In my opinion you have great chance to be scheduled same day as your mom. Then you say you didn't receive the letter and ask him if you can schedule an infopass. You can do it anyway, but I would talk to the officer first. You can call from 8am to 8pm, you still have time today. I'm not sure if Immigration officers are available at this time, but you could give it a try. If they are not, call tomorrow at 8am.

Good luck to you, have faith and keep track of it so you don't miss your ceremony. :)

Thanks. How do I get a hold of someone alive on the phone? lol there doesn't seem to be an option to talk to a representative. :wacko:

Filed: Timeline

After some time waiting, my brother in law and I went to the window I was being called. The lady there was so nice, she greeted us with a smile and I explained to her what happened and she said, "Oh that happens all the time, sometimes people even forget because, you know we have a busy life." I said, "really? Wow I would never forget something like that!"

I said Yes! and she handed me my new oath letter!!!! Yaaaaaayyyy!!! :dance::dance:

Thank God everything went so very well, thank to that sweet lady who does her work so very well and VJ members who help us to solve our issues. :luv:

Congrats!!

Timeline

Yep, a passport photo within the last 6 months can be used.

Congrats again guys!

Awesome!!!

Thank you. :)

Oh wow! that is great news! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Now, go pick your ceremony clothes! :)

Thank you!

Yes, now I can resume my search for dresses. lol

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

Thanks. How do I get a hold of someone alive on the phone? lol there doesn't seem to be an option to talk to a representative. :wacko:

There is! Just follow the menu. Then you will hear your online status. After that (if I'm not mistaken) you wait on the line to talk to a representative. They will probably say all your information again and tell you to allow 30 days. Then, just ask if you could talk to an ISO, because you are worried about your oath ceremony, and you are afraid of missing it. I'm sure you'll not have problems and the officer will be able to check the date for you. Then you let him or her know that you didn't receive the letter yet. Good luck, I hope you get your ceremony same day as your mom. :)

Edited by Lisa and Phil

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats that is wonderful :):dance:

event.png

Timeline

I got another oath letter today by mail. lol

Do you guys know if I have to fill out both? :wacko:

I'm thinking I sholud fill out the one i got in person (which is the one I got first and it's prettier :D ) and take the other one in case they need to destroy it.

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

Yeah! I am so glad that you got it resolved, and you don't have to wait long. May 31st will be here before you know it, and yeah for a nice infopass officer! Congratulations!!

event.png

Timeline

Sooo happy for you. Your journey is almost complete!

Thank you!!! And yes, I'm very happy. This has been a loooooooooooooooong journey. lol :D

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.