Caroline and Phil

Missed my Oath Ceremony thanks to USPS!!!!

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yea not everyone does. Several years ago a book I ordered was delivered to the wrong address and it actually went to the apartment next to mine. This person signed and received my book and kept it in their place for a month! He said because he has many roommates, he thought it might belong to somebody... Even worse, USPS asked ME to go to his apartment and pick it up myself!!!!! BTW I called USPS over and over but they didn't do anything until the seller (a bookstore) contacted them. Sigh.

Really hope you'll get new ceremony date soon.

Yes, I mean they can make mistakes but there has been too many.

Thank you for the good wishes, I hope I get it soon too. :)

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I'm very sorry that happened. You have every right to be upset. I've read your posts about waiting for your oath ceremony letter and was kind of following whether you got it already, 'cause like you, I've also been waiting. And what happened to your letter is exactly what I'm afraid of. I had my interview April 23, and on May 2 they had an oath ceremony in my city which I wasn't part of, and that got me thinking if I was actually scheduled for that May 2 ceremony but just didn't receive the letter. I really hope that wasn't and won't be the case. I hope the rescheduling process will be quick for you and you'll be done with this soon.

Thank you Itsy_bitsy. :)

You should call USCIS and do the same thing, ask to speak with an ISO, only they can tell you the date of your ceremony. If you missed it, by knowing at least you can start doing something right now. But I believe you didn't missed it, and I hope you didn't, but anyway you should call.

We've had stuff delivered to our address wrongly, but sometimes USPS is stubborn about taking it back...we've put stuff back in the mailbox and they've taken it, only to deliver it to us again!

That's is really weird. Could have happened to my letter too. But I think if someone had returned it they would have it at the Post Office which they haven't.

Yes Infopass appointment.

I've heard of people getting their Oath letter on the day of the oath as well. So it's not uncommon for this type of situation to happen unfortunately...

Really? Umm, if I only knew last week the day of my ceremony maybe that could had happened to me.

I honestly don't know how long it will take, but I would think that adding one more person to the oath ceremony wouldn't be a problem, so hopefully the next date they have, they will let you go. I don't know if it is a USPS error or the USCIS saying they sent something they didn't. It seems like that happens sometimes. Just be very clear at your Infopass that you have been waiting for the letter and never received it, and they need to reschedule you for the ceremony. Good luck! Let us know as soon as you hear something. Hopefully the second letter they mentioned will be in your hands soon, and you can find out what steps you need to take.

Thank you Menina. :)

And yes, I hope too that they can add me to the next ceremony. Because after we are approved they have around 45 days (which is not 45 days, on the phone yesterday she said 90 days!).

try UPS, is way better than usps ...

We don't choose the service, USCIS does. My husband asked if we could pay so they would send certified mail (even the guy from the Post Office asked me this) but I'm sure they don't do it.

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I feel your pain! I am less than 7 days from AOS interview and I haven't received my letter yet. It was returned to USCIS 'undeliverable' for some weird reason. I have been going back and forth with NCSC and to-date still haven't received it.

I have scheduled an infopass to try and see if they can print me a copy in the local field office. Weird thing about our letter is that we have received all other communication, NOAs, EAD, request for accommodation approval letter, SSN Card, et al... but this particular letter seemed like has been send back to USCIS twice.

Hope your oath can be rescheduled soon. best of luck in that.

Thank you kazuriSana. :)

That's the same thing here about always receiving everything. In my case I'm almost sure it was delivered at wrong address. Even my husband aid he's almost sure of that too.

I always get everything, the only single thing was this letter that happened to be my Oath Ceremony letter. :hehe:

VJ Friends, i need a "little" big help here: :help:

At the infopass page, which option should I choose?

Case Processing Appointment?

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Thank you kazuriSana. :)

That's the same thing here about always receiving everything. In my case I'm almost sure it was delivered at wrong address. Even my husband aid he's almost sure of that too.

I always get everything, the only single thing was this letter that happened to be my Oath Ceremony letter. :hehe:

VJ Friends, i need a "little" big help here: :help:

At the infopass page, which option should I choose?

Case Processing Appointment?

We offer 4 kinds of appointments for a case that you have already filed. Please choose from the following - Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Seems like those cases do not apply to you although you are going there for a case that has been already filed. You could do the following: When you come to the "Please select Kind of Service you need" page, select "You need information or other services"

Press "Continue" and then "Continue" again.

--

Edited by nwctzn

Timeline

Seems like those cases do not apply to you although you are going there for a case that has been already filed. You could do the following: When you come to the "Please select Kind of Service you need" page, select "You need information or other services"

Press "Continue" and then "Continue" again.

--

I picked:

And I'm going tomorrow, my brother in law is gonna drive me there. He's one of those people who's a blessed Angel in our lives. :)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I picked:

And I'm going tomorrow, my brother in law is gonna drive me there. He's one of those people who's a blessed Angel in our lives. :)

Cool! Please report back and hopefully everything works out for you. All the best!

Timeline

Cool! Please report back and hopefully everything works out for you. All the best!

Thank you nwctzn. :)

I will!

Do you think I would I have a chance of being scheduled for the next ceremony? I hope!

Edited by Lisa and Phil

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Thank you Itsy_bitsy. :)

You should call USCIS and do the same thing, ask to speak with an ISO, only they can tell you the date of your ceremony. If you missed it, by knowing at least you can start doing something right now. But I believe you didn't missed it, and I hope you didn't, but anyway you should call.

I called. I had to argue with the customer rep 'cause she wouldn't transfer me to an ISO, and just kept telling me all these scripted #######. She freakin' advised me to get an infopass instead. Like WTH! She eventually transferred me and I got to talk to an ISO who was nice. I told him that I wasn't gonna argue why I haven't received a letter for an oath ceremony yet and that I just wanted to find out if one was sent to my address or not because I was worried why I wasn't part of the May 2 ceremony. So the officer looked up my records and told me that I haven't been scheduled yet. So now I can stop worrying about a lost mail.

Timeline

I called. I had to argue with the customer rep 'cause she wouldn't transfer me to an ISO, and just kept telling me all these scripted #######. She freakin' advised me to get an infopass instead. Like WTH! She eventually transferred me and I got to talk to an ISO who was nice. I told him that I wasn't gonna argue why I haven't received a letter for an oath ceremony yet and that I just wanted to find out if one was sent to my address or not because I was worried why I wasn't part of the May 2 ceremony. So the officer looked up my records and told me that I haven't been scheduled yet. So now I can stop worrying about a lost mail.

Oh that's a relief, at least you know you didn't miss your ceremony. :)

So, today I went to my infopass and it was a big success!!!

After some time waiting, my brother in law and I went to the window I was being called. The lady there was so nice, she greeted us with a smile and I explained to her what happened and she said, "Oh that happens all the time, sometimes people even forget because, you know we have a busy life." I said, "really? Wow I would never forget something like that!"

Then she said she would see what she could do and would come back soon.

After some minutes she came back with a big smile, and said, "are you ready? "

I said Yes! and she handed me my new oath letter!!!! Yaaaaaayyyy!!! :dance::dance:

I am so happy.!!!!!! :dance::dance:

My oath ceremony will be on May 31, that is in 2 weeks!!!!! :dance::dance:

Thank God everything went so very well, thank to that sweet lady who does her work so very well and VJ members who help us to solve our issues. :luv:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I forgot to mention that when we were just getting home I told my brother in law I was sure the letter from UCIS saying I didn't appear for Oath Ceremony was in my mailbox and it was there. LOL

The letter just says I didn't appear to my oath ceremony on 05/11/2012 and that they were going to rescheduled it. But who cares, they already did in person with me and, I already have the letter and also got an email saying my ceremony was scheduled. Thank God! Gotta celebrate a little bit more. => :dance: :dance::

Edited by Lisa and Phil

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

Finally it ended well. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yes ChefT, I'm so happy! And excited that in 2 weeks I have my ceremony. YAY! :D

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Thank God indeed! Congrats! I'm glad it all went well.

I wonder if I should do an infopass so I can get scheduled for my oath ceremony...See the thing is, my mom and I were interviewed and got approved on the same day, she received her oath letter last week for the May 24th ceremony...but I DIDN'T :( Then 2 days ago, my online status was updated saying I was put on the scheduling que...barely! I've been hoping that they would schedule me this week in time for the 24th...but so far no letter yet. I would really love to be in the same ceremony as mom...since we started this whole journey together. I would really prefer not to wait another month...the next ceremony is on June 27th :unsure:

Timeline

Thank God indeed! Congrats! I'm glad it all went well.

I wonder if I should do an infopass so I can get scheduled for my oath ceremony...See the thing is, my mom and I were interviewed and got approved on the same day, she received her oath letter last week for the May 24th ceremony...but I DIDN'T :( Then 2 days ago, my online status was updated saying I was put on the scheduling que...barely! I've been hoping that they would schedule me this week in time for the 24th...but so far no letter yet. I would really love to be in the same ceremony as mom...since we started this whole journey together. I would really prefer not to wait another month...the next ceremony is on June 27th :unsure:

Scriber, you know what you could do? Same thing I did: call USCIS, listen to what they say (everything you already know LOL), then you say, may I talk to an ISO (Immigration Services Officer). This way the officer can access your information and you will know the exact date. In my opinion you have great chance to be scheduled same day as your mom. Then you say you didn't receive the letter and ask him if you can schedule an infopass. You can do it anyway, but I would talk to the officer first. You can call from 8am to 8pm, you still have time today. I'm not sure if Immigration officers are available at this time, but you could give it a try. If they are not, call tomorrow at 8am.

Good luck to you, have faith and keep track of it so you don't miss your ceremony. :)

Edited by Lisa and Phil

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Scriber, you know what you could do? Same thing I did: call USCIS, listen to what they say (everything you already know LOL), then you say, may I talk to an ISO (Immigration Services Officer). This way the officer can access your information and you will know the exact date. In my opinion you have great chance to be scheduled same day as your mom. Then you say you didn't receive the letter and ask him if you can schedule an infopass. You can do it anyway, but I would talk to the officer first. You can call from 8am to 8pm, you still have time today. I'm not sure if Immigration officers are available at this time, but you could give it a try. If they are not, call tomorrow at 8am.

Good luck to you, have faith and keep track of it so you don't miss your ceremony. :)

FINALLY!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you guys!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.