Caroline and Phil

Missed my Oath Ceremony thanks to USPS!!!!

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called USCIS and as our VJ friend Rocks suggested I asked to talk to an ISO (Immigration Services Officer) and he said my Oath date was last Friday, May 11th, after I told him that I was worried about my Oath letter that was never delivered (or it was delivered to another address and the person who got it never sent it back) . I almost cried while talking to him, just started "Oh my God, what am I gonna do now?" and he said a letter was sent to me today saying that for some reason I missed my Oath Ceremony, so he said now I have to wait for this letter to get to me and then send it back so they can reschedule my Oath Ceremony.

I am so upset, you guys have no idea! After a process that lasted over a year I got this additional delay.

What makes me mad, very mad is when I get people's letters on my mail I return them, even advertisement. So why some people receive our stuff, something important and they don't do anything?

Oh, God know, how I'm mad now, frustrated, and I knew there was something wrong, last week I called USCIS on Wednesday and the lady said I should allow 30 days, If she had transferred me to an Officer (something I didn't know we could do) I would have gone to my ceremony.

I'm here now, crying and I hope they reschedule it for me. :crying:

Oh and last night I had a dream that my oath letter was ripped and I was putting the pieces together to see the date. :angry:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

dang that stinks!! hopefully your second letter will be delivered to you really soon! no wonder why USPS is going bankrupt!!

Thanks Barca. I'm so mad right now!

My husband just got home from work and he said maybe somebody else got my letter and destroyed it. :crying:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I'd be pissed :angry: as hell if this happens to me. I hope everything get better for ya.

I know, right?

I am 100% pi$$ed off!!! :angry:

So much wait for nothing! Ugh!!!!

Now, I might have delay because I will be back to waiting for being scheduled again once I return and they receive the letter. Only God knows when I'll have my ceremony now. :(

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I know, right?

I am 100% pi$$ed off!!! :angry:

So much wait for nothing! Ugh!!!!

Now, I might have delay because I will be back to waiting for being scheduled again once I return and they receive the letter. Only God knows when I'll have my ceremony now. :(

Totally understand your pain. In my case, USCIS sent my greencard to a wrong address and it took me months to sort it out! :angry:

Did you ask them if there is any possibility you can do an infopass appointment and get the oath letter by hand? I saw from some trackers that people were able to get their letters in that way. I would give it a shot. You can explain that you repeatedly called before and were advised to wait 30 days and because of that false advice you are delayed now.

--

Edited by nwctzn

Timeline

Totally understand your pain. In my case, USCIS sent my greencard to a wrong address and it took me months to sort it out! :angry:

Did you ask them if there is any possibility you can do an infopass appointment and get the oath letter by hand? I saw from some trackers that people were able to get their letters in that way. I would give it a shot. You can explain that you repeatedly called before and were advised to wait 30 days and because of that false advice you are delayed now.

--

nwctzn, I think I could do the infopass but i don't drive and my husband can't miss another day at work (since he had to take me to my ceremony). :crying:

Look at the email I received, do you think I need to contact them again?

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL *** The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION Your Case Status: Oath Ceremony On May 14, 2012, you did not show up at your scheduled oath ceremony. We sent a notice reminding you that you did not attend your scheduled ceremony. This notice provides instructions on what you are required to do next. If you did not receive the oath ceremony notice, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283 or schedule an InfoPass appointment with your local field office. Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times. *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Edited by Lisa and Phil

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I was thinking something... do we receive any note saying we were approved?

Because I only new I was approved when i got the email I was in queue for oath Ceremony. I didn't get anything in mail saying I was approved. And all letters from USCIS always get here in just few days with no trouble. :wacko:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I was thinking something... do we receive any note saying we were approved?

Because I only new I was approved when i got the email I was in queue for oath Ceremony. I didn't get anything in mail saying I was approved. And all letters from USCIS always get here in just few days with no trouble. :wacko:

Nah, being put on que or scheduled for the oath is probably the "official approval" that we get after the interview. I hope everything goes well for you after this whole ordeal and that you'll be re-scheduled for your ceremony soon and you get the letter this time!

Timeline

Nah, being put on que or scheduled for the oath is probably the "official approval" that we get after the interview. I hope everything goes well for you after this whole ordeal and that you'll be re-scheduled for your ceremony soon and you get the letter this time!

Thank you. I hope it will be soon too. So much wait and something like this happens. it sucks. :wacko:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

--

I strongly recommend you schedule an infopass appointment.

Can't you find somebody else willing to drive you there if your husband can't take another day off?

I had been waiting for an extremely long time for my invitation to the oath ceremony, so I went in for an infopass.

While I did not recieve the actual invitation letter there, they did tell me exactly when my oath was scheduled, and where.

So, in case something would have been lost in the mail, I would have still made my appointment.

Timeline

Did you ever verify with the USCIS what your mailing address was? I had a problem with an Army Service School, because they put VA instead of CA for the state on the labels for my correspondence course materials.

Well, I never had any problem with immigration letters before. What i think that happened it that USPS delivered it to a wrong address and the person who got the letter just destroyed it. Because I got some other people's mail here at home, then I just put it back in the mailbox so the right person can receive it. But it seems like not everybody does that. :angry:

So, as I received that email I didn't know if I had to call them again (called them earlier and talked to an Immigration Officer and he told me what happened). Well the email says, if you did not receive the note for the oath ceremony call, so my husband said, I should call. I did and she was having problems transferring the call so she asked me to call in 30 min to 1 hour.

I'm kinda desperate right now. :blink:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I strongly recommend you schedule an infopass appointment.

Can't you find somebody else willing to drive you there if your husband can't take another day off?

I had been waiting for an extremely long time for my invitation to the oath ceremony, so I went in for an infopass.

While I did not recieve the actual invitation letter there, they did tell me exactly when my oath was scheduled, and where.

So, in case something would have been lost in the mail, I would have still made my appointment.

Thank you Karin.

I think I will try to ask my brother in law, the problem is he lives far from here. How do I schedule an infopass? Is it online or by phone?

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Thank you Karin.

I think I will try to ask my brother in law, the problem is he lives far from here. How do I schedule an infopass? Is it online or by phone?

Agree with Karin. Schedule an infopass. You can do it online: https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.